Home
News Post

Today's rumor-mongering involves an Andrew Bynum/Dwight Howard swap between the Lakers and Magic. However, there are also reportedly talks with Brooklyn and Houston which involve a combo of players and picks.

So what do you think OS? Is Dwight Howard bound for the Lakers or will he end up somewhere elese? What about staying in Orlando? Any chance of that?

Sound off!

Member Comments
# 21 eye guy @ 07/04/12 07:29 AM
What's more important? A cheap ring or a legacy not tarnished by a cheap ring? Stockton and Ewing never won a ring, but their legacies are just as important because of their loyalty and services to their team.

A players greatness is not measured by how many Championships he wins but by the numerous paths paved to obtaining (or not obtaining) Championships. Add to that loyalty, and you have an All-Time Great., Championship Trophy or not.

I will apologise for the way I worded it though, but the frustration far outweighs the the happiness I can show in regards to Lebrons first (...of at least seven) Championships.

And those HoFers that you listed were drafted to those teams. All except Jordan were in a Championship calibre type team (edit: on his rookie year), if I remember correctly.

And DH is as described by many., a drama queen. And it's ruining the sport i've been following for most of my life. His pairing with Deron would be a dream for - just throwing this out there - a returning Roy? Lol...

# 22 ojandpizza @ 07/04/12 07:45 AM
I'm just saying if you watched how well LeBron played in this years playoffs I don't think his legacy will be tarnished, Shaq left Orlando, Kareem left Milwaukee, Wilt left the Warriors, and then left the Sixers, Moses Malone bounced around like crazy, Oscar left the Royals, Drexler left Portland, GP left Seattle, just because people want to hate LeBron doesn't mean he's an awful person for wanting to win. At first I didn't like the idea either, but after watching him fail last year and then come back this year with probably the best playoff performance I've ever watched (other than Jordan) I've gained all respect back for him, he played phenomenal, and did it with Wade probably having his worst season yet and Bosh also not at 100% he absolutely carried that team the way a champion should.

It's also not his fault he wasn't drafted into success like Magic, or Bird.

# 23 ojandpizza @ 07/04/12 07:54 AM
If Roy did head to Brooklyn they would be pretty stacked lol.. I've never been a DH fan really but I have to admit that would be a fun team to watch, Brandon Roy was my favorite college player coming into his draft, and one of my top 5 NBA players, I'd really like to see him go somewhere besides Brooklyn just for the fact that I don't think I'll really like that team, but I guess as long as he doesn't go join Kobe and Gasol I'll be content.

# 24 Macroh @ 07/04/12 08:37 AM
I would personally like to see him join Brooklyn. I grown tired of how he has handled all this along with everyone else but I would still enjoy seeing him play with D-Will.

# 25 jersez @ 07/04/12 10:31 AM
If you compare how Dwight is leaving Orlando to how Lebron left Cleveland. I really don't understand why there is less backlash for Dwight. He signed a B.S extension for one year just to do it all over again. Then it's a press conference so he can say he's "too loyal". He needs to man up and leave. Looking at his comment on Chicago being "too cold" just shows that this guy is a joke(guess what it's cold in Brooklyn too). He's putting his team through hell, at least Lebron played his hardest his last year in Cleveland. Not saying Dwight didn't but it was way less drama with Lebron than Howard.The worse part is that Orlando will most likely get nothing in return. But this is what Orlando gets for letting Dwight run the team.

# 26 nWo @ 07/05/12 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macroh
I would personally like to see him join Brooklyn. I grown tired of how he has handled all this along with everyone else but I would still enjoy seeing him play with D-Will.
My thoughts exactly.

# 27 RA30 @ 07/05/12 01:48 AM
Can Howard still get traded to the Lakers?

# 28 aloncho11 @ 07/05/12 12:04 PM
Either Brooklyn or the Lakers.

# 29 CM Hooe @ 07/06/12 07:13 PM
Exactly as I posted in the LeBron thread a couple years ago:

Memphis. For variety.

# 30 BlastX21 @ 07/07/12 04:05 AM
What would LA have to give up in addition to Bynum to get Howard? They already gave up a lot of picks to Phoenix, so I'm guessing it would be role players?

# 31 DieHardYankee26 @ 07/07/12 09:08 AM
Guessing Lakers, but to be honest, I don't really care anymore. I just hope he gets traded somewhere and this Duhwight saga comes to an end.

# 32 bball_1523 @ 07/08/12 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlastX21
What would LA have to give up in addition to Bynum to get Howard? They already gave up a lot of picks to Phoenix, so I'm guessing it would be role players?
8 future 2nd round draft picks

# 33 XenoZograscope @ 07/09/12 07:22 PM
He will be heading to Brooklyn IMO.

# 34 maddenfresh @ 07/10/12 10:29 AM
da nets =/

# 35 RA30 @ 07/15/12 12:10 AM
Looks like the Lakers or the Rockets(long shot).
The Lakers/Cavs/Orlando deal would probably be best for Orlando long term.

# 36 BlueNGold @ 07/15/12 09:51 AM
The eternal depths of basketball hell.

Hopefully.

# 37 StankonYa @ 07/15/12 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye guy
I really liked Howard and always wanted him to go to Chicago but at this point, I really don't give a f**k! This guy should go to Miami. He'll fit in nicely with all them other b*****s...
I don't care what anyone else thinks, this was laugh out loud funny to me LOL.

I agree with the post, save for him going to Miami with them other b*****s.

# 38 StankonYa @ 07/15/12 03:45 PM
The Lakers I hope, that is if he signs an extension. I want L.A to resign Bynum before August, If not I think he's going to leave anyways.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.