Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

A month ago, I never would have imagined that this would be a selling point for NCAA over Madden. Player editing in Madden’s Franchise Mode has been a given for years. Why would this year be any different? Well, we all know how that turned out. Unless EA plans on dropping a last-minute bomb on the NCAA fanbase, it’s business as usual when it comes to roster editing, and that means that gamers can still take their edited rosters into dynasty mode. This is particularly crucial for the NCAA series, as members of the OS community do terrific work adding player names for every team. Even if NCAA 13 doesn’t blow your mind, at least we’re not losing core features.

Is player customization a major selling point for you?

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 The JareBear @ 07/05/12 02:14 PM
Is the number one reason going to be a working online dynasty feature again?

# 2 DNMHIII @ 07/05/12 02:19 PM
Player editing is a huge selling point for me and customizing the look and feel of my own experience is huge. This is the first year I'm not buying Madden and its purely because they didn't put in editing and custom playbooks into CCM.

I hope NCAA outsells Madden so maybe the Madden dev team will figure out that they shouldn't try and limit user control.

# 3 F0rl3fclov3r @ 07/05/12 02:27 PM
No way NCAA tops Madden. I am getting both but either way but Madden will always reign supreme simply due to the fact that it is an NFL product and the NFL is elite.

# 4 jello1717 @ 07/05/12 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
I hope NCAA outsells Madden so maybe the Madden dev team will figure out that they shouldn't try and limit user control.
I've bought NCAA for every year it's been on the 360 and I've never bought a Madden game and even I know that there's no way in hell that NCAA will outsell Madden.

# 5 N51_rob @ 07/05/12 02:37 PM
Not a major selling point to me unless, rookies come into Madden looking a hot mess like they did in Madden 12. That said not being able to edit Numbers is huge annoyance. Especially in an online CCM, where the game doesn't automatically change numbers. I'm a little OCD about numbers, but it's not enough to be a selling point to me.

# 6 volwalker @ 07/05/12 03:07 PM
Player customization is important because FSU QB E.J. Manuel should not have dreads. Its ironic that you show that screenshot with this subject.

# 7 richie923 @ 07/05/12 03:12 PM
But they are missing a very common face mask in the Revo Speed 2Bar. It was in last years Madden and it's missing. No excuse.

# 8 tbone1 @ 07/05/12 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
Player customization is important because FSU QB E.J. Manuel should not have dreads. Its ironic that you show that screenshot with this subject.
Does anybody know if we will be able to edit hairstyles foe in game( with helmets on not sideline cutscenes)?
Most players have RG3 type dreads not the predator dreads like the demo.

# 9 Lawdawg25 @ 07/05/12 03:32 PM
Editing rosters in NCAA is nearly half the fun for me. I love going through and making sure everyone has the right equipment to look as close as possible to their real-life versions.

Plus it's fun to change ratings throughout the season when certain players are having a breakout year.

# 10 N51_rob @ 07/05/12 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerForce
You do know these players have ZERO chance of being on Madden right? No import this year.
Yeah, I probably didn't get my point across clearly. In madden 12 I didn't use NCAA rookies but the defualt one. There were always some that had huge shoulder pads, poor position equipment/helmets and wearing odd numbers base off position. This was with the EA rookies, which is all we have in madden 13. So I hoped they fixed some of those issues.

# 11 jhendricks316 @ 07/05/12 04:05 PM
I NEED the roster edits in NCAA Football 13. I cannot live with a player who has a name of their position and their number.

# 12 PackerBacker123 @ 07/05/12 04:07 PM
NCAA 12.5 or madden 13...

# 13 AiDub @ 07/05/12 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie923
But they are missing a very common face mask in the Revo Speed 2Bar. It was in last years Madden and it's missing. No excuse.
Man, if that is really what you're focused on then you need to get your priorities straight. I get that it's cool to make every player exactly like they are in real life, but missing one or two facemasks really isn't a big deal when you look at the overall product.

# 14 JoSiiF @ 07/05/12 04:35 PM
the biggest selling point for me

# 15 sportzbro @ 07/05/12 04:37 PM
It's too bad that you're gonna have to customize them with the majority of equipment being 3-5 years out-of-date...

# 16 Army801st @ 07/05/12 04:44 PM
I'm on the side of not buy if there were no custom rosters!! And with the updates from Reece it will be interesting to see if he says anything about a specific player and how "Matt Barkley is have a breakout, heisman worthy season as USC wins 60-40 over....". And just as a side note to the conversation what would be the point of having name generate for you of they aren't the right names!! Madden hasn't been that interesting and Maybe this year will be the first time in a long time they get it right but at I'd prefer old reliable NCAA!!

# 17 KINGDAWG28 @ 07/05/12 05:12 PM
I haven't bought Madden in a few years,
I've played the past couple and they have been dreadful, I'm glad I haven't been wasting money and time on them, the last good Madden was 2007 or 2008. NFL 2k5 is still a better game.

# 18 KINGDAWG28 @ 07/05/12 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGDAWG28
I haven't bought Madden in a few years,
I've played the past couple and they have been dreadful, I'm glad I haven't been wasting money and time on them, the last good Madden was 2007 or 2008. NFL 2k5 is still a better game.
In short NCAA by a landslide!

# 19 statum71 @ 07/05/12 05:59 PM
Chris,

Make sure no multi-player offline dynasty is one of your reasons. I can't believe in 2012 we're going back to single player sports games.

# 20 TuffJuff @ 07/05/12 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson16NCSU
Why are you laughing? He was right

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.