Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Check out the Madden NFL 13 screenshot of the cover athlete, Calvin Johnson Jr.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bxgoods @ 07/06/12 11:38 AM
I think it looks good except I don't know about the Jersey Numbers, look pretty big.

# 22 TeamBuilder @ 07/06/12 11:39 AM
Please tell me his name is not "Calvin Johnson Jr." in the game.

I hated the addition of "Jr." because EA only did that because stupid people were confusing Bryant Johnson with Calvin Johnson (even though they wore different jersey numbers). Bryant Johnson is no longer on the Lions, do away with the "Jr."

# 23 SageInfinite @ 07/06/12 12:15 PM
Not as impressive as some of the other screenshots I've seen.

# 24 jpdavis82 @ 07/06/12 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Please tell me his name is not "Calvin Johnson Jr." in the game.

I hated the addition of "Jr." because EA only did that because stupid people were confusing Bryant Johnson with Calvin Johnson (even though they wore different jersey numbers). Bryant Johnson is no longer on the Lions, do away with the "Jr."
His name IS Calvin Johnson JR

Look it up

Twitter.com/bigplaycj

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calvin_Johnson

# 25 wallofhate @ 07/06/12 02:08 PM
The nfl past a new exception to allow players to have jr.,and roman numerals on the jersey's now so he might be onr of those who has it.

# 26 Tweeg @ 07/06/12 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

Look it up

Twitter.com/bigplaycj

Who cares? He's never worn Johnson Jr. on his jersey. Clay Matthews IS Clay Matthews III, but they don't add it to his name in the game.

# 27 VinnyVegas28 @ 07/06/12 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Who cares? He's never worn Johnson Jr. on his jersey. Clay Matthews IS Clay Matthews III, but they don't add it to his name in the game.
Actually this is the first year the NFL will add roman numerals to jerseys.. Call it the RGIII rule

# 28 VinnyVegas28 @ 07/06/12 02:34 PM
Quote:

Look it up

Twitter.com/bigplaycj

They are going to add the Jr. and roman numerals with the new jerseys this year.. Changes are coming.

# 29 DickDalewood @ 07/06/12 02:43 PM
Looks awesome. Thanks Steve!

# 30 Str0mTropper @ 07/06/12 03:11 PM
Quote:

Look it up

Twitter.com/bigplaycj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweeg
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinnyVegas28
They are going to add the Jr. and roman numerals with the new jerseys this year.. Changes are coming.
On the new OFFICIAL Nike Jersey's that are currently on sale for the ENTIRE world to buy. Jr. is not on the back of it, so why EA decided to add it is dumb.

# 31 VinnyVegas28 @ 07/06/12 03:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str0mTropper
On the new OFFICIAL Nike Jersey's that are currently on sale for the ENTIRE world to buy. Jr. is not on the back of it, so why EA decided to add it is dumb.
If that is the case, I stand corrected. I know that some players will have this added but for CJ, EA should get it right for what is replicated on the field in real life. I will not judge until I have the final build to play though. They still have time to fix that.

# 32 vikingfan71608 @ 07/06/12 03:44 PM
Theres a new RG3 screen shot. For those who like the details, they have put in his one arm sleeve.

# 33 vikingfan71608 @ 07/06/12 03:52 PM
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151004903608756&set=a.117121778755.98601.75529708755&type=1&theater

# 34 RobD4477 @ 07/06/12 04:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
Wonder what all those sideline player are staring at?
The players on the other sideline...

# 35 blklightning @ 07/06/12 05:39 PM
The Haterade is strong in this thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikingfan71608
Yuck. His eyelashes aren't detailed enough.

# 36 ConnSKINS26 @ 07/06/12 09:08 PM
Is that supposed to be Clay Matthews chasing him? Ouch.

Numbers way too big. Both players look like they have muffin tops.

# 37 ConnSKINS26 @ 07/06/12 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
I think it looks fantastic. Jesus this forum is full of some of the most negative, pathetic vitriol I have witnessed since the Ubisoft forums rioted over Ghost Recon: Future Soldier not living up to their expectations.
I don't have a reputation for posting negatively on this board, but I have to ask...

What the hell looks fantastic in that screen shot?

Calvin's torso is huge compared to his legs. His towel is stiff. The numbers on his jersey are enormous. His left hand does not look like its clenched into a fist, it looks horrible. His right hand doesn't even look like its gripping the ball. His left elbow looks weird--bent limbs in this shot look very plastic and inflexible.

Clay Matthews....I won't even get into it. Looks nothing like him, and he has all of the same proportional/flexible/etc. issues that I noted with Calvin.

This is a terrible screen shot. I don't know how you can argue otherwise, if you are unbiased.

# 38 Gronk4M13 @ 07/06/12 09:57 PM
Personally, this screenshot looks great. The graphics are at an all-time high, which is awesome, and I can tell that the Devs worked on the sunlight/lighting. People really need to stop being knit-picky and enjoy the positives.

# 39 charga21 @ 07/07/12 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mastermark
Ok I hate to be THAT guy but look at the size of those jersey numbers!! Way to big.

# 40 Gmen56 @ 07/07/12 03:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

Check out the Madden NFL 13 screenshot of the cover athlete, Calvin Johnson Jr.

Not only do they look a bit cartoonish, but their bodies don't look proportional. Why is it almost all the players models look like they have beer bellies and love handles?? They really need to work on the graphics and make these players look more realistic..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.