Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

5. Harrison Barnes - Golden State

Barnes shooting stroke should make him a very popular rookie among gamers. Barnes is a bit of enigma in real life. More cerebral than he's given credit for, Barnes studied players who he thought had outplayed him. How that part of his game translates into NBA 2K13 remains to be seen.

Barnes should rate highly in all of the usual athleticism categories. He's a prototypical NBA small forward physically. His biggest critics have knocked him because he hasn't lived up to the hype he had coming out of high school and he lacked the ability to create his own shot at UNC. Now that he's a pro however, I think Barnes will merge his ability to shoot with his strong work ethic to become a great fit in Oakland.

As a rookie, he won't be asked to create his own shot in Mark Jackson's offense. If he can be a reliable catch and shoot option, he'll be very successful and very effective in NBA 2K13.

Warriors fans, are you excited about using Harrison Barnes in NBA 2K13?

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 videlsports @ 07/16/12 04:54 PM
I'm with ya there , I wished my hawks drafted him

# 2 TeamBuilder @ 07/16/12 04:58 PM
I was already thrilled to begin a Warriors Association with the following pieces in place:

PG - Stephen Curry
SG - Klay Thompson
SF - Richard Jefferson
PF - David Lee
C - Andris Biedrins (edit: Andrew Bogut)

Now replace Richard Jefferson (to the bench) with Harrison Barnes and it gets even better! The trio of Curry, Barnes, and Thompson will be lighting it up from deep!

*Also, I'm curious MMChrisS, are the top 5 rookies in your opinion or are you going by OVR?*

# 3 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 07/16/12 07:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I was already thrilled to begin a Warriors Association with the following pieces in place:

PG - Stephen Curry
SG - Klay Thompson
SF - Richard Jefferson
PF - David Lee
C - Andris Biedrins

Now replace Richard Jefferson (to the bench) with Harrison Barnes and it gets even better! The trio of Curry, Barnes, and Thompson will be lighting it up from deep!

*Also, I'm curious MMChrisS, are the top 5 rookies in your opinion or are you going by OVR?*
Biedrens -- I think you mean Bogut. Team just got even better.

# 4 TeamBuilder @ 07/16/12 07:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PH1LLYSFINEST13
Biedrens -- I think you mean Bogut. Team just got even better.
Haha wow I can't believe I typed Biedrins. Thanks for catching that!

# 5 8and9 @ 07/16/12 08:03 PM
Great addition to their team, they needed another slasher mixed in with all those great shooters they have. GS will be a force online again.

# 6 Lionsfan7887 @ 07/16/12 09:49 PM
Dryamond Green will help them also!

# 7 gator3guy @ 07/16/12 10:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Point Blank
Great addition to their team, they needed another slasher mixed in with all those great shooters they have. GS will be a force online again.
Agreed. Although Dorrell Wright kills me. Nice to have him on my Sixers this year.

# 8 Andretoo @ 07/16/12 10:42 PM
GS will be a force online again.

# 9 GSWarriors9 @ 07/17/12 12:01 AM
I cant wait to use Harrison Barnes in 2k13! Im curious to see what his rating will be since he is one of the top rookies. Im hoping around 74 or 75 maybe. But my Golden State Warriors will definitely be fun to use again. Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and Harrison Barnes on the wing with David Lee and Andrew Bogut down low will be nice plus guys like Jarrett Jack, Richard Jefferson, Brandon Rush. Hopefully GSW can sign a backup 4 like Landry, or KMart but I like this team going forward for 2k and real life

# 10 kevmasood @ 07/17/12 03:05 PM
If monte was still there with a healthy curry very potent

# 11 GSWarriors9 @ 07/17/12 09:36 PM
Monta is a good player but the thing is he was too small, Klay Thompson gives you alot more size at the 2 guard and a lights out shooter.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.