Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Trey Wingo takes you behind the scenes of Madden NFL 13's all new Connected Careers with designer Josh Looman.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 TurboTitan @ 07/27/12 01:48 PM
My main question is, what part of CC necessitated the removal of the ability to edit players? They made a huge deal last year about "this is YOUR game now, if you want to edit ratings in Franchise, have at it!!", and a year later, they have completely removed any type of player editing whatsoever. It isn't a huge deal to me.....I am not one of those players that always is re-starting a franchise because updated or custom rosters have came out, but a large majority of our community takes a lot of satisfaction and fun in roster editing. The simple question still stands........why remove player editing completely? Hopefully it isn't just so with Madden 2014 they can tout "Fully customizable rosters!!" on the box as a "new" feature. If the excuse is because of people abusing ratings edits in an "online" franchise then that doesn't hold water to me. It would have been simple to allow player edits in off-line franchises only I would imagine.

# 102 DerkontheOS @ 07/27/12 03:55 PM
Personally I am so excited for Madden that I didn't even buy NCAA.

# 103 mestevo @ 07/27/12 04:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboTitan
My main question is, what part of CC necessitated the removal of the ability to edit players? They made a huge deal last year about "this is YOUR game now, if you want to edit ratings in Franchise, have at it!!", and a year later, they have completely removed any type of player editing whatsoever. It isn't a huge deal to me.....I am not one of those players that always is re-starting a franchise because updated or custom rosters have came out, but a large majority of our community takes a lot of satisfaction and fun in roster editing. The simple question still stands........why remove player editing completely? Hopefully it isn't just so with Madden 2014 they can tout "Fully customizable rosters!!" on the box as a "new" feature. If the excuse is because of people abusing ratings edits in an "online" franchise then that doesn't hold water to me. It would have been simple to allow player edits in off-line franchises only I would imagine.
The development of CC necessitated it. If you want a deeper explanation I believe you can inquire about positions at http://jobs.ea.com

CCM this year is bigger than swapping one feature for another.

# 104 SoxFan01605 @ 07/27/12 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I know many have referred to the fact these features weren't removed but are just not in CC, as splitting hairs. However, in regard to a post like this, the distinction evidently needs to be made for clarity. The easiest way for me to understand CC not having the feature set of M12 offline Franchise, is that they ported over much of HC09 into Madden with the added the ability to User control Players, to REPLACE Superstar and online/offline Franchise from M12.

Asking why can't we do the exact same things in CC for M13 we could do in M12 offline Franchise, is like asking why we couldn't do the exact same things in M12 offline franchise we could do in HC09. Even though they may accomplish or even share similar functions, they are still two different modes. To those that say that is "splitting hairs", I don't agree because that is very relevant to the point Looman keeps making about this being the FIRST YEAR of CC.

I am not arguing with anyone that doesn't agree with Looman's decision to release CC without waiting until he could add those M12 features to it, because we are all entitled to our opinion. I am just pointing out that it's most likely because of that decision to not wait until those features could be added into CC before releasing it, that those features are not in cc this year, not because of some diabolical plot from Looman to have them removed or left out for spite. lol
It's all about context, man. It's not splitting hairs when offered in context of an explanation such as the one you just presented. It's absolutely splitting hairs when in a dismissive response to a more global year-to-year comparison.

Point being, whether he asks "what part of CC necessitated the removal of the ability to edit players?" or "what part of CC necessitated the omission of the ability to edit players?" it doesn't change the crux of the response. If the distinction is made in the context of providing a more complete answer, fine. Again though, if it's simply used to dismiss or defend, it's a different story.

# 105 roadman @ 07/28/12 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, or being repetitive or ignorant, but can someone explain why other some video games in general with multiple modes don't frequently combine or take away certain things because of a "code" or "not enough time for the UI". I mean EA is one of the richest companies out there so whenever I hear the explanation for the features that EA left out, I feel extremely cheated.
I do play a few other sports games, but I don't recall any of them replacing/overhauling old modes(online, offline, superstar)with just one mode overall.(CCM)

I see this as Madden setting the bar higher for the way we play franchise mode. We will find out sooner rather than later.

Heck, 2k hoops removed a popular online feature with 2k12. I forgot what it was called, but I do recall people complaining about it.

Being a "rich" company, has nothing to do with it. Making sure everything works does.

# 106 scoonie05 @ 07/28/12 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I do play a few other sports games, but I don't recall any of them replacing/overhauling old modes(online, offline, superstar)with just one mode overall.(CCM)

I see this as Madden setting the bar higher for the way we play franchise mode. We will find out sooner rather than later.

Heck, 2k hoops removed a popular online feature with 2k12. I forgot what it was called, but I do recall people complaining about it.

Being a "rich" company, has nothing to do with it. Making sure everything works does.
Yes, they removed crew which alot of people loved "not me" but they'll bring it back just Madden does with their features.

# 107 roadman @ 07/28/12 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the whole Features of CCM being left out, because every time I hear an explanation for certain features it doesn't feel legit for some reason and I don't KNOW WHY.
Well, it's been almost 8 weeks since the announcement to process the information. We can only go by the info that we receive.

I'm not sure if anything we tell you at this point will be beneficial and that goes for others that are missing these features too.

# 108 xoferg94 @ 08/08/12 06:55 PM
There are 3 videos on youtube that go more in-depth about CCM.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IInC5-Z8iU&list=UUJNE5zFzJswc4dYQ9MwEvTw&index=2&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu4xhPtM6js&list=UUJNE5zFzJswc4dYQ9MwEvTw&index=10&feature=plcp

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYvxbjekSIg&list=UUJNE5zFzJswc4dYQ9MwEvTw&index=7&feature=plcp

# 109 xoferg94 @ 08/08/12 06:56 PM
Hope it helped the people who are still lost. : )

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.