Home
Bellator: MMA Onslaught News Post

With the UFC license transferring over to EA in the near future, there's a bit of a window for another mixed martial arts product to fill the gap. UFC Undisputed 3 is still going strong in its own way, but I'd say the genre could still use some more competition, iteration and innovation. Sadly, Bellator MMA Onslaught does not offer much in the way of competition. Frankly, it doesn't engender much good will at all, as the product just falls down in pretty much every area. It sets its goals much lower, as it is a downloadable product with an arcade style, but it still fails to carve out a niche for itself.

Read More - Bellator: MMA Onslaught Review (360/PS3)

Game: Bellator: MMA OnslaughtHype Score: 4/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 3 - View All
Member Comments
# 1 seventwenty3 @ 07/24/12 10:21 AM
This review is spot on except in one area, the presentation. If you've watched a big amount of Bellator you'd notice it's dingy as hell in real life. So actually while unappealing at the time of making the game they got it right.

# 2 TheShizNo1 @ 07/24/12 11:53 AM
No disrespect, but I saw the score you gave it and didn't even read a word after that lol

# 3 BQ32 @ 07/24/12 03:48 PM
I am highly offended by this review, not for Bellator but rather Virtua Fighter. Moast hardcore fight genre fans know that Virtua fighter is the most balanced and technical fighter available. The game does not come with lots of bells and whistles for modes but for fluidity, balance, and mastery of gameplay it is unrivaled and is a masterpiece at what it does. To compare a game so well crafted as a way of showing the inadequacies of Bellator a highly subpar game is a slap in the face to the Virtua Fighter franchise and its fans. Im sure the reviewer did not intend to give that impression but it certainly comes off as less then educated within the combat sports genre.

# 4 Lionsfan7887 @ 07/24/12 04:53 PM
I figured this game wouldn't be that good. Thanks for the good review.

# 5 Wiggy @ 07/24/12 07:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BQ32
I am highly offended by this review, not for Bellator but rather Virtua Fighter. Moast hardcore fight genre fans know that Virtua fighter is the most balanced and technical fighter available. The game does not come with lots of bells and whistles for modes but for fluidity, balance, and mastery of gameplay it is unrivaled and is a masterpiece at what it does. To compare a game so well crafted as a way of showing the inadequacies of Bellator a highly subpar game is a slap in the face to the Virtua Fighter franchise and its fans. Im sure the reviewer did not intend to give that impression but it certainly comes off as less then educated within the combat sports genre.
I didn't mean to disparage Virtua Fighter. I know that fighting franchise is well-regarded by many. The only reason for comparing it was to give a sense of how this game moved. I only described the "feel" as being akin to Virtua Fighter. That doesn't take into account the modes, presentation, roster, depth of combat, online or just the fact that Virtua Fighter is an arcade fighting experience that isn't associated with a real league.

Again, it was just a way of giving the reader a sense of how it felt. The rest of Bellator MMA Onslaught's shortcoming are all its own.

# 6 bigbob @ 07/25/12 04:56 PM
I had actual began typing my own review up for this a week ago, but it looks like you beat me to it. I agree with the score, I did give it a 5 myself but I was being generous.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.