Home
NHL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Quote:
"GM Connected: The franchise's most popular mode (Be a GM) gets connected allowing gamers to manage, play, or coach with and against friends in their own 30 team human controlled league. GM's can also take their experience with them with a mobile companion app, ensuring that they'll never miss a single moment."

In addition to the trailer, EA Sports has also posted this NHL 13 GM Connected blog, which goes over even more details about the mode.

What are you most excited about with the NHL 13 GM Connected mode reveal?

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 ManiacMatt1782 @ 07/30/12 08:18 PM
Say you want to fly solo on your team, but another team wants to play team play. Please don't say the guy flying solo will be forced to player lock. I wouldn't mind playing against a team play team, but I want controls for my team to be just like an vs. game.

# 62 shogunofharlem3 @ 07/31/12 10:26 AM
This is probably a silly question but I'm asking anyway. I see that EA is pushing the mobile app for NHL 13 to make moves and whatnot away from the console.

My question, for those of us that still have a flip phone due to ruggedness, I am where phones go to die. Will there be a website that we can access through our computers? I assume yes but didn't read anything about that.

# 63 JezFranco @ 07/31/12 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
I don't see what's at all different over what we've already had since moving the series to the 360/PS3. It's never allowed multiple users in a GM mode. At the very least it's now doing that online. I honestly don't see them ever allowing multiple users on a single console in GM mode. That really just isn't the direction the industry is moving now that pretty much everyone and their grandmother are online these days.
No, because before we have been forced to play "Season", if we wanna play offline co-op.

Or alone on BaGM offline if "Season" doesn't provide all you want.

Or EAHSL or whatever it's called for online.

But now, there is online BaGM. "Connected". It is here!
Where you have the ability to play 1 Human team, vs 29 CPU controlled teams.
- Me and my 3 mates can "meet up" online any day of the week, and play together co-operatively in our team versus the CPU. It's amazing.
- However, if my 3 mates instead comes over to my home, and I load our same GM connected to continue it, we start a match versus the CPU, and they can just sit and watch instead of grabbing a controller a play with me!

Where is the technical, financial or moral obstacle for putting the support for such a tiny feature in there?

Hell, I could even scrap the whole GM side of it, if they could give me a "Season" with the ability to also play online. I want to play co-op hockey with my friends, sometimes online... sometimes like it's supposed to be played, together over a few beers.

# 64 LuGer33 @ 07/31/12 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Waz, as I understand it, yes to online co-op vs the CPU and no to created players.
Right. And no to local co-op as well.

# 65 m-dogg @ 07/31/12 06:00 PM
I was very excited for this mode until I saw there is no custom sliders...that pretty much killed it for me.

co-op would be fun for a little while, but eventually sliders are needed to play a more realistic brand of hockey that will keep me interested. I hope they can be added next year...

# 66 NHLandPESFan @ 07/31/12 06:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezFranco
- Me and my 3 mates can "meet up" online any day of the week, and play together co-operatively in our team versus the CPU. It's amazing.
- However, if my 3 mates instead comes over to my home, and I load our same GM connected to continue it, we start a match versus the CPU, and they can just sit and watch instead of grabbing a controller a play with me!

Where is the technical, financial or moral obstacle for putting the support for such a tiny feature in there?

Hell, I could even scrap the whole GM side of it, if they could give me a "Season" with the ability to also play online. I want to play co-op hockey with my friends, sometimes online... sometimes like it's supposed to be played, together over a few beers.
EA doesn't want you to have any real life friends, what they are doing with this mode makes that abundantly clear. It's a shame because it could be really cool if they would just do everything 2k did.

# 67 jsauce75 @ 07/31/12 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
I am ok with no custom sliders. Everything that points to my buddies and I playing coop in a Franchise is something we've always wanted. Pretty excited about this option.

However, we do like to have a Franchise Day once in a while where we get away from the wives and crush beers like prohibition starts the next day and play a bunch of games. Too bad you can't make a backup copy of your existing GM, play offline together, then upload the new results. I can see why it isn't in there, maybe next year, but a good step in the right direction.

As far as the 82 games are concerned. As long as the GM (creator of the league) doesn't have to be present to play every game, I think my 5 man team can nickle and dime the season. A 2 v cpu one day, 5 vs cpu the next. However, that will only be possible if the creator doesn't have to be present. Anyone know about that?
So I live in Lake Tahoe and my buddies live in Chicago. Will we be able to play coop with 2-3 of then on one machine and me on mine? Basically we want it exactly like we are playing a dynasty against the computer and were all on the same box.

# 68 shogunofharlem3 @ 07/31/12 10:38 PM
Nope. From what I understand only one player per machine. So on 2k10 for instance, when my buddies are over, I can sign them all in as guests and connect to my other buddy that lives in California.

13 only allows one player per console. So you buddies in Chicago better all save up and get their own systems if they want to play.

As a matter of fact. Your buddies will not be able to coop on one system as it is, unless you play season or something. But Gm mode will not let them play together offline.

# 69 jsauce75 @ 08/01/12 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shogunofharlem3
Nope. From what I understand only one player per machine. So on 2k10 for instance, when my buddies are over, I can sign them all in as guests and connect to my other buddy that lives in California.

13 only allows one player per console. So you buddies in Chicago better all save up and get their own systems if they want to play.

As a matter of fact. Your buddies will not be able to coop on one system as it is, unless you play season or something. But Gm mode will not let them play together offline.
Bummer...but way better than nothing.

# 70 jsauce75 @ 08/01/12 04:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JezFranco
No, because before we have been forced to play "Season", if we wanna play offline co-op.

Or alone on BaGM offline if "Season" doesn't provide all you want.

Or EAHSL or whatever it's called for online.

But now, there is online BaGM. "Connected". It is here!
Where you have the ability to play 1 Human team, vs 29 CPU controlled teams.

I'm with you. All I want and all I have been waiting for is to be able to play normal season mode over xbox live. This sounds close, but I do not like the online only restriction. While I am 2000 miles away from my buddies, they frequently get together to play. So basically it will work when we're all at home, but when they get together to play I am **** out of luck and they will play a local dynasty mode.

# 71 Aggies7 @ 08/02/12 12:22 AM
Did not buy 12 but I did rent it.

After seeing this video this might be a must buy for me this year.

Looks like they are making a great deal of improvements.

# 72 ManiacMatt1782 @ 08/02/12 10:53 AM
What worries me is 1 vs a team. When you had a team it went to position select screen. I don't want to be position locked if another team plays with multiple users. It looks like the solo user might have to select a position from the video.

# 73 jsauce75 @ 08/04/12 04:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
What worries me is 1 vs a team. When you had a team it went to position select screen. I don't want to be position locked if another team plays with multiple users. It looks like the solo user might have to select a position from the video.
I read somewhere else that you can select "any" for the position and play as normal. I really hope this is true.

# 74 Chad0034 @ 08/05/12 02:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-dogg
I was very excited for this mode until I saw there is no custom sliders...that pretty much killed it for me.

co-op would be fun for a little while, but eventually sliders are needed to play a more realistic brand of hockey that will keep me interested. I hope they can be added next year...
There is no custom sliders for GM Connected?

# 75 Majingir @ 08/05/12 12:17 PM
I know there's an app to stay connected with NHL13 despite not being on your console, but is there a way to stay connected on a computer or something as well?

# 76 ManiacMatt1782 @ 08/05/12 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad0034
There is no custom sliders for GM Connected?
Confirmed to not be included

# 77 JoelG29 @ 08/06/12 11:42 PM
Can I get fired as a GM in 'Connected'? Can I choose another team after my initial 3 year term?

Sometimes that was my favourite part of Be a GM, was starting fresh with a new team halfway through my career.

# 78 LuGer33 @ 08/07/12 12:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoelG29
Can I get fired as a GM in 'Connected'? Can I choose another team after my initial 3 year term?

Sometimes that was my favourite part of Be a GM, was starting fresh with a new team halfway through my career.
I believe you can quit / be removed as your current team and rejoin as a new one, but there's no firing feature. I think people would get kind of pissed if they were fired from their own online league, haha.

# 79 DJ @ 08/08/12 02:32 PM
So, just to clarify, you can use custom sliders if you do a 1-person offline mode? If you go online, but keep it at 1 team, you are unable to use custom sliders?

# 80 Qb @ 08/08/12 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
So, just to clarify, you can use custom sliders if you do a 1-person offline mode? If you go online, but keep it at 1 team, you are unable to use custom sliders?
Yes, no custom sliders in GM Connected, although the commish can select one of the game style presets (eg, Hardcore). As I understand it, the offline mode is separate and still the the BAGM we know & love (ahem). Both utilize the new GM Brain features, so no need to do GM Connected for a strictly offline experience.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.