Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Quote:
Trey Wingo and Designer Vic Lugo show you how you can call the shots on both offense and defense and why Madden is Better with Kinect.

UPDATE: For those asking, why we can't use a headset.
Quote:
Kinect has a microprocessor inside that processes speech. Regular mic's do not. This is why Mass Effect 3 PS3 couldnt do voice.
Quote:
Last thing, for anyone asking. PSEye does not have a similar microprocessor inside so that's out as well.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 seasprite @ 07/27/12 12:32 AM
I think I will actually get a Kinect now. Im just hoping that whenever I am playing a user vs user game that my opponent doesnt hear me

# 22 Skyboxer @ 07/27/12 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
I think I will actually get a Kinect now. Im just hoping that whenever I am playing a user vs user game that my opponent doesnt hear me
Doubt they will unless you have a seperate mic/headset on. At least I hope not.
I'll have both but will have MIC muted unless I have to talk to opponent.

# 23 Steve_OS @ 07/27/12 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danimal
That's interesting if true. Most speech recognition technology is software driven, maybe this explains why Kinects is so poor compared to something like Dragon Naturally Speaking.

In fact a quick google search suggest that it is software driven so not sure if the source giving you that answer Steve is accurate.

EDIT: Just digging a little deeper because this stuff interest me. The Kinect has a a 4 microphone array with processor for noise suppression and acoustic source localization. However the speech recognition is most definitively software driven according to about 3 article I just glanced at.
This explains it as well.

http://kotaku.com/5810138/mass-effec...-and-heres-why

# 24 breeceus @ 07/27/12 05:49 PM
Hello guys,

I've been following OS since Madden 09 or 10 i believe but i had never subscribed. Now it's done!

Over with telling you about my life. This is what i wanted to point out:

Remember the score bar issue they had early on with the big round EAS logo on the left of the score bar? Well, we are all happy they fixed it.

But look at the video carefully: Between the moment when they are doing offense and the moment when they are playing defense, you see Trey and the producer speak. LOOK AT THE SCORE BAR THERE: it's the old one. Then when they go back to full screen for the 1st defensive play, SCORE BAR IS BACK TO THE NEW ONE! Such a rookie mistake!

This means the kinect demo on full screen was pre-recorded. It might not matter if the feature works as shown on the video with no lag.
But my guess is that the Kinect feature is not still completely finished, or worst, is actually still lagging like in their E3 demo, which would mean that they are trying to cover for the "broken" feature in their marketing clip campaign.

I hope i'm wrong because if they cover up, lot of people who buy the game to enjoy with kinect will be pissed by this "misleading" video.

As far as i'm concerned, i don't care. How interesting is it to play Madden with Kinect anyway right?!

# 25 tfctillidie @ 07/27/12 09:41 PM
Well spotted ^^^

I don't see the appeal personally, I'd feel like a goof and I don't believe it'll work that well as kinect just doesn't seem to be of that great quality right now.

I could do the same things, faster, with regular controls.

Would be more helpful for shifting through your playbook I think, but I don't believe kinect would be responsive/fast enough for my own taste.

# 26 TomSNC @ 07/29/12 02:37 AM
Have a kinect, never use it and I won't for this but this does look pretty cool and seeing some more gameplay and it in action has me excited. Can't wait!

# 27 TomSNC @ 07/29/12 02:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by breeceus
Hello guys,

I've been following OS since Madden 09 or 10 i believe but i had never subscribed. Now it's done!

Over with telling you about my life. This is what i wanted to point out:

Remember the score bar issue they had early on with the big round EAS logo on the left of the score bar? Well, we are all happy they fixed it.

But look at the video carefully: Between the moment when they are doing offense and the moment when they are playing defense, you see Trey and the producer speak. LOOK AT THE SCORE BAR THERE: it's the old one. Then when they go back to full screen for the 1st defensive play, SCORE BAR IS BACK TO THE NEW ONE! Such a rookie mistake!

This means the kinect demo on full screen was pre-recorded. It might not matter if the feature works as shown on the video with no lag.
But my guess is that the Kinect feature is not still completely finished, or worst, is actually still lagging like in their E3 demo, which would mean that they are trying to cover for the "broken" feature in their marketing clip campaign.

I hope i'm wrong because if they cover up, lot of people who buy the game to enjoy with kinect will be pissed by this "misleading" video.

As far as i'm concerned, i don't care. How interesting is it to play Madden with Kinect anyway right?!
Even though I had no intention of ever usin this, reading this was like a hard jab to the gut lol. Oh god I hope for the people who use it that it's not broken but I wouldn't be suprised if it was.

# 28 PJ33 @ 07/31/12 08:13 AM
Never once heard "Hike" used before in an actual cadence.

# 29 TreFacTor @ 07/31/12 10:47 AM
Question...why doesn't this feature have it's own POV camera to better immerse the player. Imagine superstar camera activated when the Kinect Voice recognition is used, I would probably use the feature then. Just seems Par for the course as connect integration has been for any game I own. The kinect has motion tracking and you still have to use the controller? They'll probably get to that next year.

# 30 Tengo Juego @ 07/31/12 02:13 PM
Not very inventive and already possible with a controller, and more accurately. Kinect is still a really uninteresting piece of hardware as a result of the software.

# 31 Skyboxer @ 07/31/12 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
It is better implemented than I thought it would be.

I can see having fun utilizing this feature more so on the defensive side of it.

I will definitely give it a try. May give me a reason to finally use my kinect.
I can see both. Just being able to say the audible instead of using button presses is cool. Saying a players name and sending in motion etc..
Just a cool way to feel more "in the game"
Can't wait to try it out.

# 32 DirtyJerz32 @ 08/01/12 12:05 AM
I'm very interested in using kinect. I use it a lot for movies now so this should be right up my alley.

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.