Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

In listening to the podcast, the team announced while there are some free NCAA Football 13 DLC uniforms coming (to fix default home and away uniforms), there are also plans for paid DLC for specialty uniforms (one-offs).

Cost, details and the list of teams for the paid DLC specialty uniforms will be announced at a later date. EA Sports will try to make them available as they debut at their games in real life.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 thunderstruck81 @ 07/29/12 09:12 PM
It may not be compatible this year, but if for NCAA 14 they are able to link up the Uniform Store with Teambuilder, I would be happy, because that would allow them to add the uniforms for FCS Schools to be able to use for our Teambuilder teams if we choose to create the FCS Schools.

# 62 Manny_B214 @ 07/29/12 09:31 PM
with this will it include the sleeves i.e. like oregons and texas a&m?

# 63 a_densen @ 07/29/12 10:48 PM
I am in the minority but would pay an extra $10-$15 just for more equipment options. I would like to see the ability to edit cleat colors and styles like we can with helmets. Or maybe just add every shoe that's been worn to the game like basketball games do. The footwear and equipment are huge for me because with the right combination you can bring a dull uniform to life. Just my opinion though.

# 64 K0ZZ @ 07/29/12 11:20 PM
This is about uniforms, gameplay is completely irrelevant to the discussion. I'm enjoying this game and say it's easily the best next generation football game to date. Does it have it's issues? Yes. So does every other game, I am old enough to not dwell on what isnt there and enjoy what is. I love football, and this game has done more than enough to earn the $60 I paid for it.

Creating extra uniforms is work, regardless if you see it as such. That they are willing to give out free updates for their own mistakes is a huge step forward for the company. Like it or not, the vibe surrounding Tiburon is changing. I was a big critic of them last year, but this years release is much better.

There are 100's of other threads with impressions, complaints, etc. Bringing it into one that has nothing to do with impressions of said game is irrelevant and flat out immature. (To defend that idea, my defense of the game joins the off-topic discussion)

# 65 Tp801 @ 07/30/12 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apostle
Well said, man.
This as well. Completely agree with everything you said Apostle. PEOPLE NEED TO REMEMBER THIS IS JUST A VIDEO GAME, IT IS NOT THAT SERIOUS. If you think 1 dollar to two dollars is too much lmfao. Please go........ EA is a business, I see no problem with them charging extra for uniforms.

# 66 Tp801 @ 07/30/12 04:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
Actually the vibe has gotten worse, just look at the fact that so many are down on the game this year that even gaming sites like IGN & Gamespot who are normally easy on sports games, gave it less than positive reviews. It got a 6.5 on Gamespot, how is that positive?

From Gamespot
So basically the only positive in this review is the passing which pretty much everyone can agree is better this year. But to act like the complaining is unreasonable, its not.

Its a hit & miss game. I enjoyed NCAA 11. I thought it was the best in the series in a long time. NCAA 12 i thought was a step back. I bought NCAA 13 hoping they would improve the game and i'd enjoy it the way i did NCAA 11 but when the CPU can't run the option that's a big problem considering there are teams out there like Georgia Tech who are 98% option run. I don't find it fun when the CPU gives me an automatic sack because they decided to call a screen pass.

From IGN
A lot of people were frustrated by the minimal amount of change in this years game. So when on top of that you're going to charge for extra stuff, whether it's jerseys or whatever, it's going to piss some people off.

If the game were great this year then i'd have no problem with them charging for uniforms. But when they put out a subpar product that is so much like last years game, down to the ridiculously slow menus, with issues like my dynasty freezing and many of the gameplay issues that have been discussed on here already, then i have a problem with it.

It's just not a good year to be asking customers to break open their wallets for any amount of extra money with the subpar product they put out.
Oh well. Don't get the jerseys then. Lol your saying o"open their wallets" like it's some huge expense. Surely you can't be serious. The game is sixty bucks plus tax at most. You decided to get it, end of story. It really is not that serous. Jerseys are probably going to run you 20 to 40 bucks extra at most. Big deal. Nothing is free, get over it. Or don't get the game. It's really that simple.

# 67 Tp801 @ 07/30/12 06:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
So we should pay 100 bucks for a complete game? Makes sense...

Seriously do any other sports games make you pay for uniforms? To my knowledge all the jerseys teams wear are included in the 60$ price wen
i buy the show or nba 2k
Then don't get the uniforms. You have a choice. Just like everyone had a choice wether or not to buy NCAA 13. Like apostle said, do any other sports game update uniforms via DLC? None that I know of. However, I could be wrong. If you don't want to spend extra money, then dnt get the OPTIONAL UNIFORMS that will be available for purchase by EA. It really is That simple. They are not forcing you to buy anything.

# 68 mechbutcher @ 07/30/12 08:57 AM
This thread has gotten off topic imo. I think this is a move in the right direction. Sure I would like new uniforms to be free like everyone else, but in todays age that is unlikely for any game. I would be interesting to be able to use a paid downloaded uniform for any team just have it switch to the teams color scheme. Just some food for thought.

# 69 moylan1234 @ 07/30/12 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
I see my point went over head ill try to make it a little clearer..other games ship
with all the team uniforms already in them. That would have been the case for ncaa too but they had to wait until teams revealed them. In essence those uniforms are already coded and made up so they arent doing some spectacular thing like adding brand new uniforms every week.

The uniforms that we have to pay for are the special uniforms that will likely only be worn once a season. Unlike ncaa mlb the show included those for free.

Ill download all the free unis i have no need for the paid ones i just dont get why guys like you get sO defensive when someone has a different point of view
I think it's unfair to compare it to other games though when no other game has to worry about 123 teams who for the most part all seem to want new uniforms every other season.

I'm really looking forward to the store and seeing exactly what it's all about

# 70 toine2983 @ 07/30/12 03:48 PM
One thing's for sure, the NCAA team better have the DLC uniforms 100% accurate (the paid ones in particular).

I can only imagine the uproar if that isn't the case.

# 71 kingsofthevalley @ 07/30/12 05:42 PM
Are there going to be secondary colors and new face masks/equipment in this store?

# 72 K0ZZ @ 07/30/12 09:35 PM
Isn't Gamespot the site that trashed NCAA for having 'squiggly play art'?

Your still stomping your feet in a thread that you have no reason to be. This is about uniforms and the option to buy them/update them. Not the gameplay, your trying to drive a parallel between two sections of the game that are congruent being that they intersect, but they are not parallel.

Presumably the uniforms are made by the art/visual designers department, it's not as if they halt all the processes just to make uniforms. Again your posts are entirely irrelevant to the form and your using a site who much like I said above, used a reviewer that didn't comprehend the game and what it's attempting to emulate.

The game has its issues, as does any game. Should Skyrim not have put out Dawnguard because it's list of bugs and exclusions could make a mini novel? They are providing an extension to their content to which some may have an interest in, spreading your impressions of the game is irrelevant to the subject matter of the thread. If you want to continually attack the game, your welcome to do so in a thread centered around impressions and I'll have to nod my head and agree to disagree since it's your opinion that the game is bad.

Reiterating the vibe point, I'm sure you were here around this time last year. Look at the list of threads this year compared to the list of threads last year and tell me the vibe is worse.

- CP

# 73 rjviking11 @ 07/30/12 10:54 PM
Im a little confused with this Idea from the Uniform Store, Will there be an update where there is an actual store in the game where we can buy jerseys, or will it just be a DLC in the PS3 store?

# 74 K0ZZ @ 07/30/12 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjviking11
Im a little confused with this Idea from the Uniform Store, Will there be an update where there is an actual store in the game where we can buy jerseys, or will it just be a DLC in the PS3 store?
If I'm understanding it correctly, Title Update 1 will added a box on the game menu that will function as the Uniform Store, but considering the PSN Store has issues playing nice with in game stores, you will probably have to download it as DLC outside of the game.

# 75 Aggies7 @ 07/30/12 11:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjviking11
From my understanding it will be an in game store that will be added with update. Don't know how it will work at this point.

# 76 mva5580 @ 07/30/12 11:49 PM
For those of you who find it "worth" paying money for uniform downloads, I suggest you look at what people do on the PC for free, in their spare time:

http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads...ail&df_id=2600

# 77 LionsFanNJ @ 07/31/12 12:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580
For those of you who find it "worth" paying money for uniform downloads, I suggest you look at what people do on the PC for free, in their spare time:

http://forums.nba-live.com/downloads...ail&df_id=2600
your post would be relevant if NCAA released on PC. But its not

# 78 K0ZZ @ 07/31/12 01:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
last thing i'll say on this topic but there are a lot of people that have basically stopped playing the game until the patch comes out. You are obviously missing the point when i say that this is not the year to be charging for uniforms when they have such big issues like the CPU being unable to run the option and the game freezing. It would have been a better idea to add the uniform store this year and then next year start to charge.
Look at the patch list, freezing is being addressed. Again, your argument is based off the premise that if they put in feature A (Jersey shop) they cannot do B (Work on game play).

They do work integrated, but at the same time, a graphic designer won't work on coding, where as a coding expert probably wouldn't be doing the graphics. Basic economics principle of comparative advantage, it is extremely unlikely that the whole team only works on one individual project.

Coming to the conclusion, for the third time that the argument is redundant, it's based off assumptions rather than absolutes. Not attacking you as a person, that's not my place or intentions, just stating that there is a time and place for everything, and this thread is not the place to put out your impressions of the game, positive or negative.

# 79 The_Gaming_Disciple @ 07/31/12 07:41 PM
I love it. Pure gaming extortion....

# 80 darickster555 @ 07/31/12 09:24 PM
ASU's old sparky helmets plzzzzz

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.