Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports has just announced their Community Team-Up Program. Giving the biggest NBA 2K fans an exclusive look at NBA 2K13. Congrats to our boy Shady00018 for being one of the selected members of the program, along with Chris Smoove.

UPDATE: IpodKingCarter has been selected to join Chris Smoove.

Who is IpodKingCarter? Check out his recent video on how he was selected.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Shady00018 couldn't make the trip and Da_Czar declined.

UPDATE #2: KSpade64 has accepted an invite.

Who is KSpade64? Check out his recent video on being selected and what his plans are.

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

UPDATE #3: vannwolfhawk, ShakeDown and sma11z99 have also accepted their invites.

Quote:
The 2K Sports “Community Team-Up” program is where we fly in some of our biggest fans and community members of NBA 2K, providing them with an exclusive look at NBA 2K13 and sharing some details with them pre-launch. They can then share the information we provide to them with the community.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 jfsolo @ 07/30/12 06:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Both 2k11 and 2k12 were better when I played them before release and that is the God's honest truth.
This is really perplexing. We'll never know the answer, but I wonder what happened.

# 102 blues rocker @ 07/30/12 06:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I say it almost every time I give my opinion on seeing a game early that things can change from when I viewed the game. The earlier you see a game the more things can change.

Add to that the limited time you have with the game and the amount of community requests your trying to fulfill while playing the game.

At any time they can make a change to negate or pull back on something that was working or was not working as well as you thought it should be. The speed issues that you guys saw was not apart of the build I played for example.

But it amazes me how people don't consider that they just assume that after all these years Czar forget what a fast break looks like. LOL. Who ever get's invited I hope you see what glory you have to look forward to.

Viewing a game for a few hours will never compare to spending weeks / months with it in your own living room. Where you can pull out last years game and compare etc.

Your playing a game with a mountain of community questions hopes and desires that your trying to get a look at so you can report back and regardless how well you think your doing there is and will always be something you miss because it is difficult to do. Then you come back and answer questions for hours on end for a game you played for a matter of hours doing the best you can to not get people hyped but not downplay the things you liked.

It ain't easy family.

So either you wuss out and don't say much of anything for fear of something changing on you. ( which I never do) Or you speak the truth as you know it to be at the time and let the chips fall where they may.

Both 2k11 and 2k12 were better when I played them before release and that is the God's honest truth.
i imagine part of it is that you just don't get to spend enough time with the game to really notice everything. every year when i buy nba 2k, sometimes there are pretty big flaws that i don't notice until a month or two after launch. it takes a lot of hours with a game to really pick up on everything...plus, like you said, i'm sure there are actual changes between unfinished version you play and the final release. heck, the game changes fairly noticeably throughout the year just from updates and patches.

# 103 SHAKYR @ 07/30/12 07:03 PM
If you guys think they are going to send a group of people to 2K for a week, you are crazy! It's not going to happen. To be truthful I rather one guy go for a week with a document of the things the community want, in this time they get to analyze the game more thoroughly.

# 104 vannwolfhawk @ 07/30/12 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
If you guys think they are going to send a group of people to 2K for a week, you are crazy! It's not going to happen. To be truthful I rather one guy go for a week with a document of the things the community want, in this time they get to analyze the game more thoroughly.
Pretty sure game changer guys (maybe 1 can chime in here) go for a weekend or 3 days and get 3 days with the game. I want to say I read a blog by someone who had 6 hrs in day 1, 18 hrs day 2, and 12 in day 3 or something like that. 36 hours with a game is more than enough to dive into a specific area.

# 105 JerzeyReign @ 07/30/12 07:11 PM
I don't think anybody can really question Da Czar on too much of anything -- he's been calling it fair with basketball games for a minute now -- I think I peeped him out like 6-7 years ago -- back when he had a mini fro, lol.

He's the most transparent person we as a basketball community could send. At least we know he's a sim person looking for the most realistic game -- meets my qualifications lol.

Now the 'I average 85 points a game with my MyPlayer' dudes -- yeah... about that....

# 106 Da_Czar @ 07/30/12 07:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
I don't doubt you at all czar! BUT what if you were NOT rushed and had 3-4 full days with the game and you JUST focused on a few key areas? Of course it would be impossible in such a short time with the game and being just 1 person to be able to give feedback On the whole game or in multiple areas, as your like a chicken with his head cut off. Your mind is all over the place. Also, what if you had the opportunity to see the game and areas your focusing on in 3 different stages of development? Not to say it wouldn't or couldn't change from the last viewing until release, but if it changed between the 2nd and 3rd viewing in a bad way at least you or someone had the opportunity to correct it or be heard.

If they had 10 guys to focus on 1-2 areas each i think the results could be only positive. Could this not help in your opinion? Doesn't the show do this?
I think it would definitely help. With a narrow focus you could really concentrate on what your looking at. With them bringing in guys from different areas it is my hope the guys involved will be able to do just that. Spot on as usual Vannwolf.

# 107 Joobieo @ 07/30/12 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
I don't see they would release this statement and not do it, would only hurt their creditability and I can't see 2K doing anything to cause them harm.

# 108 SHAKYR @ 07/30/12 07:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
Pretty sure game changer guys (maybe 1 can chime in here) go for a weekend or 3 days and get 3 days with the game. I want to say I read a blog by someone who had 6 hrs in day 1, 18 hrs day 2, and 12 in day 3 or something like that. 36 hours with a game is more than enough to dive into a specific area.
You comparing The Big Monster EA to 2K? EA line their cat boxes with money. EA only gives this treatment mostly to it's money maker Madden fans. I went to an EA Community Event for Fight Night Round 4, it was 2 days actually 1 if you tack on travel. We had less than a hour of game time.

*I'm like Da_Czar but with Fight Night.

# 109 LD2k @ 08/01/12 02:01 PM
Confirmed members of our first 2K Community Team Up Program:
  • Chris Smoove
  • iPodKingCarter

# 110 ThisIsWeaponX @ 08/01/12 04:47 PM
Does chris smoove still run that Win With Sim league?

# 111 CurryMan @ 08/03/12 03:48 AM
LMAO so basically 2k is going to pay these big $$$ to promote their stale and repetitive product smh

# 112 JerzeyReign @ 08/03/12 08:52 AM
KSpadeTheProspect has been named to the 2k Team Up Program -- he's from Machinama (or however you spell it) -- no clue on who he is or his playstyle. I'm going to watch some videos of his later on.

# 113 Goffs @ 08/03/12 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzeyReign
KSpadeTheProspect has been named to the 2k Team Up Program -- he's from Machinama (or however you spell it) -- no clue on who he is or his playstyle. I'm going to watch some videos of his later on.
Another youtuber? I thought they were going to announce a simballer from OS?

# 114 aloncho11 @ 08/03/12 10:59 AM
The rest of the lineup, including the OSer will be announced later today at 2K's Community update page on Tumblr.

# 115 blues rocker @ 08/03/12 11:27 AM
my money's on vannwolfhawk. he's been silent recently, which makes me think they already contacted him and he's keeping his mouth shut until they announce it.

# 116 ScoobySnax @ 08/03/12 12:12 PM
You know Da Czar is the man when you can decline an opportunity to go and get some early playing time on 2K13. I guess he's "Been there, done that." I'd be all over that. Screw work for that week!

Sent from my 4S using Tapatalk

# 117 illwill10 @ 08/03/12 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoobySnax
You know Da Czar is the man when you can decline an opportunity to go and get some early playing time on 2K13. I guess he's "Been there, done that." I'd be all over that. Screw work for that week!

Sent from my 4S using Tapatalk
I think he already did the playbook vids with them already.

# 118 illwill10 @ 08/03/12 01:07 PM
After watching the trailer again, I doubt wingspans are in. I dont know why. It can have a HUGE effect on the game.

# 119 illwill10 @ 08/03/12 01:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
my money's on vannwolfhawk. he's been silent recently, which makes me think they already contacted him and he's keeping his mouth shut until they announce it.
Yeah
:Ronnie 2K 2K13
The next member to join the #NBA2K13 Community Team-Up may surprise you. @operationsports member vannwolfhawk is our next invite!
less than 1 minute ago from web:

# 120 JerzeyReign @ 08/03/12 01:31 PM
Yes! Somebody from OS! Congrats!

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.