Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

The top 10 quarterbacks in Madden NFL 13 have been revealed.

1. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers 99 overall
2. Tom Brady, New England Patriots 98 overall
3. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints 98 overall
4. Eli Manning, New York Giants 97 overall
5. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers: 95 overall
6. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos: 93 overall
7. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers: 92 overall
8. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions: 91 overall
9. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys: 90 overall
10. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles: 89 overall

Thoughts?

Source - Top 10 rated QBs in 'Madden NFL 13' (ESPN)

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Av2002 @ 07/30/12 04:23 PM
I like the new cleats but I didn't see any multi colors. And everyone is still all wearing the same color patterns. That's just not accurate.

# 22 RGiles36 @ 07/30/12 04:25 PM
Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me...many of those throws looked like generic throwing animations. What the fudge...I'll be disappointed if those ship not triggering properly.

# 23 A_New_Classic @ 07/30/12 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhouston
Wondering how they managed to spell "Jay Cutler" as "M-A-T-T-H-E-W S-T-A-F-F-O-R-D"? I mean, Stafford's good, but Cutler's better, especially if you watched the Bears/Lions game from last season in Soldier Field. I feel like the only reason Cutler isn't on this list is as No. 8 is because he was injured during the second half.

But this year, with being reunited with his old QB coach and Brandon Marshall, I think EA Sports might be raising his rating...
As a Bears fan, I don't have an issue with him being out of the top 10 going into the year. I think he was on pace to be before he got hurt, but it happens and I don't see anyone there I would take out to put Cutler in based on that. As long as he is 85+ I'll be happy, but I'm thinking by the time final ratings come out at the end of the season (assuming he stays healthy) he'll be a 90+ OVR QB and likely in the top 10.

# 24 at23steelers @ 07/30/12 04:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Unless my eyes are playing tricks on me...many of those throws looked like generic throwing animations. What the fudge...I'll be disappointed if those ship not triggering properly.
Did you see authentic throws at your time down there? I bet these are really old gameplay videos. I haven't even seen a more recent video than the E3 ones.

# 25 StreetCarp @ 07/30/12 04:31 PM
Brady in the top 5, let alone top 10? Let's be serious here. He hasn't done a thing since Bush was in his first term.

# 26 RGiles36 @ 07/30/12 04:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Did you see authentic throws at your time down there? I bet these are really old gameplay videos. I haven't even seen a more recent video than the E3 ones.
They worked but very inconsistently. If they're not working as they should, that (1) reduces the identity of each QB and (2) totally nerfs the adjusment needed to play with different QBs. I was just playing with M12 this weekend and was getting blasted behind the LOS b/c I'm used to playing with Romo's quick release and not Matt Ryan's wind up.

Sig animations have been one of the best improvements this game has made since M10. They can't have a step back here IMO.

# 27 JJT @ 07/30/12 04:36 PM
decent list I guess. Wonder what newton is, hmmm. With no editing I guess we live with what we get. Can't wait to see the RB's.

# 28 Chrisksaint @ 07/30/12 04:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetCarp
Brady in the top 5, let alone top 10? Let's be serious here. He hasn't done a thing since Bush was in his first term.
So I guess the whole 5K yards this past season and the whole freakishly good '07 are nothing.

# 29 seasprite @ 07/30/12 04:41 PM
Quote:
You serious clark?

# 30 tw33d988 @ 07/30/12 04:43 PM
Good top ten but ummm Cam Newton????

# 31 raiders81tim @ 07/30/12 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesmurized
I don't get how Philip Rivers is rated so highly. If I'm not mistaken, he was 3rd in interceptions last year and had an off year altogether.
I'm fine with every other rating, wished they were more spread out but the NFL is a quarterback league now
Because even in an off season he is just as good in not better than both Eli and Ben. When on it's not even close.

# 32 gzenius @ 07/30/12 04:45 PM
are these all the ratings theyre releasing this year? just the top 10 overalls for each position?

# 33 seasprite @ 07/30/12 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzenius
are these all the ratings theyre releasing this year? just the top 10 overalls for each position?
All QBs will be released at the end of the week, if I understand it correctly

# 34 CM Hooe @ 07/30/12 04:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
They worked but very inconsistently. If they're not working as they should, that (1) reduces the identity of each QB and (2) totally nerfs the adjusment needed to play with different QBs. I was just playing with M12 this weekend and was getting blasted behind the LOS b/c I'm used to playing with Romo's quick release and not Matt Ryan's wind up.

Sig animations have been one of the best improvements this game has made since M10. They can't have a step back here IMO.
Wild guess is that there could have been issues getting things to look proper with the new passing trajectories system.

To the ratings, I've got no issues with any of them, though I am surprised to see Stafford in the 90s.

# 35 scala42 @ 07/30/12 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by at23steelers
Wow, everyone always attacks Big Ben. He was hurt last year towards the end, but we'll finally have a good oline this year. Only one I'd change is dropping Eli to a 95 ovr.
steelers fans are the worst

# 36 SilentYetViolent @ 07/30/12 04:58 PM
How is Matt Schaub not in the top 10? I think he's a better quarterback than Vick, no disrespect.

# 37 at23steelers @ 07/30/12 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I just don't understand WTF EA/Tiburon is doing and honestly believe ratings are just about drawing attention to the game. I am not naive and understand that it's smart business to market ratings but marketing should not be dictating them. This is the only post I will make in this thread because at this point I think EA/Tiburon does these things solely to attract attention and could careless about NFL realism in ratings.

Maybe that's because DPP and some other things are now far more important for differentiating players in Madden and ratings are just cosmetic but I don't know.
One of my favorite posts I've seen on here!! Thank you Big!! You always make great points. EA always tries to strive for over marketing instead of focusing on making the game the best it can be. As I said, they are still delaying the announcement of the date of when they announce the date of the demo. I mean, I like guessing the top 10 QB's order will be (only got Stafford and Rivers wrong) but this doesn't get me more excited about Madden. How about releasing gameplay and announcing together since we weren't able to hear the announcing and watch gameplay due to RTP at the time. I've seen nothing in that front since E3 where the audio was hard to hear above the crowd background.

# 38 N51_rob @ 07/30/12 05:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
I don't like these overalls. Everyone is too high for my taste, but whatever.

I was hoping to get a look at some real key ratings like THP, short/medium/deep throwing accuracy, awareness, speed. These don't really tell me anything.
I miss the spread out ratings. Even if I concede that A-Rod is the best QB in the game. He is not a 99 OVR. No QB is. Unless EA plans to make the best at every position a 99, these ratings are way to high on their face.

# 39 8and9 @ 07/30/12 05:04 PM
Quote:
Lol, what?

# 40 Gaycandybacon @ 07/30/12 05:10 PM
Quote:

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

The top 10 quarterbacks in Madden NFL 13 have been revealed.

1. Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay Packers 99 overall
2. Tom Brady, New England Patriots 98 overall
3. Drew Brees, New Orleans Saints 98 overall
4. Eli Manning, New York Giants 97 overall
5. Ben Roethlisberger, Pittsburgh Steelers: 95 overall
6. Peyton Manning, Denver Broncos: 93 overall
7. Philip Rivers, San Diego Chargers: 92 overall
8. Matthew Stafford, Detroit Lions: 91 overall
9. Tony Romo, Dallas Cowboys: 90 overall
10. Michael Vick, Philadelphia Eagles: 89 overall

Thoughts?

These look pretty spot on, I'm pretty happy with these. The top 3 are a given.. Eli Manning just won the Super Bowl, kicked *** and took names in the playoffs...

Big Ben is still one of the best QB's in the league 2 rings... 3 Super Bowl apperances and still passes for 3500 + yards every year. Peyton Manning has been gone for a year but is still one of the greatest QB's in NFL history. He was 99/98 OVR in the past maddens, and with that neck sugery -7 in OVR is pretty realistic..

Philip Rivers the guy is one of the most accurate QB's in the league how can he not be top 10? Matthew Stafford 5000 YARDS? are you kidding me!? Him and Calvin Johnson make him a top 10 QB easily.. And is one of the best Deep Passing QBs in the league..

Romeo this guy can make things happen.. Their team might not be great but Tony Romo can still sling the ball around the field.. Doesn't bother me.

Last but not least, Micheal Vick.. This guy is top 10 material imo. His speed, athletisism make him a special player in madden at least he's not 95+ OVR! right? He'd be god. Hell in madden he was god once....twice... three times... HE's just fast ok..

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.