Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

NBA Live 13 will be shown to select media outlets on Thursday. OS was not invited, so we aren't sure what will be shown or when the embargo will lift.

The sooner that happens, the better.

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Alfro0925 @ 08/01/12 12:16 AM
"Go Fish" says 2k lol

Random: They'll probably have the better soundtrack this year too. I've always liked the EAtrax though, so we shall see

# 42 Haval93 @ 08/01/12 12:18 AM
I'm only commenting on the Next-Gen confusion here on the boards and commenting on some hype words. EA will more than likely keep their current engine for the next generation as there is nothing wrong with it. Since Live 13 will have RTP like Elite, most of the framework is down for the next gen. The game will be solid this year from what I can tell. As for the next couple of years the game will greatly improve as the new consoles will be able to handle further calculations from the physics engine which brings less predicable and better gameplay while not compromising animations and visuals. While its good to think about the future i think that's what is hurting NBA Live 13, it's trying to introduce something that isn't ready for the limelight. A physics engine takes years to do right and most team simply outsource to others to do it for them. I think NBA Live is trying balance a lot on this game while preparing for the future. Hopefully Live 13 gives enough to pay full price and keep us coming back while showing that the game will continue to improve year in and out forthcoming. I for one have my expections set that it will be a solid game that has the foundation right and provide something fresh and new day in and out. I think that's the only reason Im looking forward to this game is because of the physics and that ever play will be different. If it seems like I'm praising the game, I'm not. This is simply stating what I think will happen and if everything turns out the opposite then I will simply not get the game.

In the end, I'm freaking ready for some news and videos of the damn game. And people remember that EA will not appease to everyone, so if it doesn't seem like your cup of tea, don't get pissed and angry but be happy that there is another game out there that might appeal to you. We have two options again this year and I'm happy since it will lead both into better products.

# 43 23 @ 08/01/12 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
I honestly think it might not be shown to OS because I feel this community might have been overly critical on the Live/Elite brand in the past. I mean just look at how critical people are being about 2k's big announcement. Disappointing?..Yes, but give it a chance before you start saying its gonna be crap, or that it is a bust. Elite could of been an early build of a game but us, the OS community condemned the game before it even got out the gates. Anyway that's my 2 cents.
or maybe they only want guys like hype man hip hop gamer making comments and saying how everybody else is in trouble in his wife beater and rap music in the background to let us know they coming at cha!

See how easy it was to post the exact opposite of what you just said and it still comes off looking bad?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

# 44 ccoaxum @ 08/01/12 12:20 AM
lmao i havent be on this site for more then a year now but even i can see hard this site is on EA games period not just ea basketball.. this site needs to be operation2ksports.com....i wld be ok with game that is not being hyped up before it comes out and turns out to be gud because it never got me excited compared to a game that was hyped up and turn to be short handed now that wld make sick to my stomache and EA has done that alot and i believe they learn their lesson which explains why they have been quiet and just been working on the game. I'm true believer of just let you game do the talking for you..no need to brag. 2k haven't really shown anything either but made some head knocking previews for the game. people is just going harder on Ea is because deep down their hurt because EA has not been what it use to be when we all were younger so just about everybody on here is bitter as heck. yea yall getting on 2k a lil bit about the jayz thing but its nothing compared to how yall treat EA! lol this site cracks me up, never lets me down..always depend on this site to play EA hard before any other site. sad part is, we all have internet we can news about anything so why is it a big deal of all sees it first????????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????????????????????????? dont worry i'll wait! smdh

# 45 23 @ 08/01/12 12:29 AM
And I thought all the people claiming we were collecting ea checks over the years had our number

:screwy:

# 46 Rob. D @ 08/01/12 01:41 AM
Dang Steve how did u find out, did they call u guys or did u get the word from another source? That's messed up man no OS smh c'mon Live

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

# 47 JerzeyReign @ 08/01/12 01:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
And I thought all the people claiming we were collecting ea checks over the years had our number

:screwy:

I was thinking the same thing lol

# 48 rockchisler @ 08/01/12 02:33 AM
Ill be honest Id rather have them skip this year and work on the PS4 and xbox 720 versions for release next year.

# 49 Dazraz @ 08/01/12 05:35 AM
NBA Elite was destroyed before it even got a chance to hit the shelves. The reality is that NBA Live this year is probably not that great & a mile behind NBA 2K but EA know that they can't afford to pull the plug on another basketball title. Therefore they will try to get the game on the shelves with as little critical feedback as possible. EA knows they won't sell anywhere near as many units as 2K's game. They're just hoping that they can make a big enough dent into the sales of NBA 2K that 2K Sports, as they did with their NHL game, deem the game unprofitable. EA's goal with the NBA franchise is to use their global strength to effectively push 2K out of the sports game picture once & for all.
So ultimately NBA live 13 may not be that good but it will just be good enough to take away some of the sales of NBA 2K.

# 50 JimLeavy59 @ 08/01/12 05:47 AM
I personally expect NBA Live 10.5 from EA this year I'll check out Live 14 though.

# 51 TreyIM2 @ 08/01/12 06:43 AM

# 52 riggs6taters @ 08/01/12 09:17 AM
Not a big surprise. I think it's clear most OS members hate EA and eat up any and all things 2K. Just check the Football forums, 1 out of every 3 threads you look at will have a 2K reference in some form or fashion.

Whatever is shown or not shown will be made known soon enough for you guys to at.

# 53 wallofhate @ 08/01/12 10:13 AM
I find it extremely strange and weird how bad EA seems to be struggling coming back out. U thought for sure they would put a great step forward and would wanna show off their new hot rod to anyone who wanted to peek under the hood. 2k I somewhat understand being that they usually shrouded in mystery every year. Live on the other hand needs desperately to gather some momentum to atleast make theis year seem like a great step forward. I hope they get things in order competition is always good in any industry but it looks very bleak in Lives future this year imo

# 54 BlakkMajik3000 @ 08/01/12 10:26 AM
Some of you really need to get off it.

How dare OS members be so mean to EA?!?! It's hurts EA's "feelings" (since, you know, corporations are people now). That's why they aren't invited to the "super secret NBA Live 13 pajama jam tea and crumpets bash"!

True enough, there are some people that literally live to just hate on whatever EA does. They're called trolls, and every forum in existence has them. However, most criticism lobbed at EA is legit, and it's not the fault of OS or it's members that EA can't handle it.

I realize that EA wants to keep playing "chicken" with 2K to see who will reveal first, but that's a game that will end very badly for EA.

2K has the reputation of the best basketball game ever. They could probably still sell at least a million copies of 2K13 even if they didn't show a single gameplay video prior to release. Their reputation affords them the luxury of waiting for EA to show it's hand first.

EA, on the other hand, is the one that has to convince people they are capable of making a legitimate contender to 2K. They do not have the luxury to just keep everything secret until 2K shows something.

Bottom line, EA needs to put up or shut up. All these games they are playing are making them look WORSE every day.

# 55 JerzeyReign @ 08/01/12 10:29 AM
And for those saying OS has bashed EA the last 3 years, read this thread, it'll show you that real is recognized here.

http://osatwork.com/forums/showthrea...10+impressions

# 56 bigeastbumrush @ 08/01/12 10:50 AM
OS was excluded but IGN and HipHopGamer wasn't?

# 57 King_B_Mack @ 08/01/12 10:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
SMDH at this nonsense. If you actually ventured over into the 2K BASKETBALL forums you would see this is not the case. Not everyone likes the game and more and more people are getting fed up with the marketing.

Other than that why bring up football in a basketball forum?
Since we're bringing up football here, think it's safe to assume that Stern doesn't get an invite either since he wouldn't sign an exclusive deal for EA so they could keep their spot on top of basketball like they did football.

# 58 jmood88 @ 08/01/12 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riggs6taters
Not a big surprise. I think it's clear most OS members hate EA and eat up any and all things 2K. Just check the Football forums, 1 out of every 3 threads you look at will have a 2K reference in some form or fashion.

Whatever is shown or not shown will be made known soon enough for you guys to at.
Have you looked at the 2k basketball section at all? It's basically constant negativity 24/7. I'm not sure where this "OS hates EA and loves everything VC puts out" stuff is coming from.

# 59 theprocess @ 08/01/12 11:22 AM
With all the "SMH" on the this forum, we could power a wind turbine.

So far neither side has shown anything. I don't think EA and live are going to show us the most incredible basketball game of all time...but 2k isn't perfect either. I don't want either company to fail because they both have influenced video game basketball in a huge way. I'm grateful for that.

It's the same waiting game year after year.

# 60 riggs6taters @ 08/01/12 11:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmood88
Have you looked at the 2k basketball section at all? It's basically constant negativity 24/7. I'm not sure where this "OS hates EA and loves everything VC puts out" stuff is coming from.
Ah just my 2 cents I guess, seems like what I see on here but I'll take your word on the 2K forums.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.