Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

As mentioned yesterday, 2K Sports has officially announced Jay-Z as the as Executive Producer of NBA 2K13. 2K Sports has been promoting this "BIG" announcement for weeks.

In an article, over at ESPN, Jon Robinson describes some of the details he brings to the game.

Quote:
Carter has not only personally selected the game’s 24-song soundtrack, but he’s also been working with 2K designers on the overall look and feel of the game’s presentation.

24 Song Soundtrack includes:
  • The Hours: “All in the Jungle”
  • Too Short: "Blow the Whistle" (Main)
  • Eric B. and Rakim: “I Ain’t No Joke”
  • Phoenix: “1901”
  • Jay-Z: “Pump it Up” (Freestyle)
  • Puff Daddy and the Family: “Victory” (feat. Notorious B.I.G. & Busta Rhymes)
  • Daft Punk: “Around the World" (Radio Edit)
  • Santigold: “Shove It” (feat. Spank Rock)
  • Kanye West: “Amazing”
  • Jay-Z: “Run This Town”
  • The Dirty Projectors: “Stillness in the Move”
  • Nas: “The World is Yours”
  • Coldplay: “Viva La Vida”
  • Roy Ayers: “We Live in Brooklyn, Baby”
  • Justice: “Stress”
  • Jay-Z: “The Bounce”
  • Kanye West: “We Major” (feat. Nas & Really Doe)
  • Mobb Deep: “Shook Ones, Pt. II”
  • Meek Mill: “Ima Boss” (Instrumental)
  • Kanye West: “Mercy” (feat. Big Sean, Pusha T, and 2 Chainz)
  • U2: “Elevation”
  • Jay-Z: “On to the Next One”
  • Jay-Z: “Public Service Announcement”
  • Jay-Z: “H.A.M.” (Instrumental)
If you're interested in listening to some of the tracks, head on over to the official NBA 2K Facebook page.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 161 THE YAMA @ 07/31/12 10:47 PM
A little shocked this would be considered the big announcement 2K has been advertising. However, this does look to be a very nice soundtrack.

# 162 scottyo60 @ 07/31/12 10:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseySuave4
you can shake your head all you want but it's true. If you think video games are concerned about trying to hook in hardcore gamers then you are clueless. The reason they are called hardcore gamers is because they buy the game year after year and basically will buy the game no matter what. Casual gamers are people who don't do that but will buy the game if something they see interests them.
I think you're looking at casual gamer wrong. For instance, I am a hardcore NCAA player. Editing, re rates, long dynasty. For Madden I was hardcore till editing is gone this year whine I will take a break unless season pass blows me away. To me they are hooking the casual gamer, but re hooking the jaded hardcore with RTP. Giving both genres the best of both worlds. Now we get to 2K. I'm an extremely casual gamer. I check here from time to time to see what will happen, but overall don't go too in depth. My friends are even more casual on 2K.

Now if I read today the big announcement was real time physics or something great I'd be paying attention till release. For instance Jordan modes in 2K11 I picked it up in December, but had been checking it out since the review just out of curiosity. Before ever coming here I was going to ign games to check things occasionally. The announcement of Jay Z does nothing for me or my friends. Especially because we like country lol. At this point I'll check out how demo plays and reviews, but following news of the game is gone for me. If the news would have been physics based on being hardcore in other games I would have been very excited.

I feel like so many people on OS are either supposed to be casual or hardcore... There's several on here who are mixed and because of other series, have a general knowledge of what physics, progressive lighting, sliders etc... are. They really dropped the ball IMO of even a casual gamer following on twitter, ign or here. Only reason I made it this far was to ask the question wasn't Kanye West Amazin on a previous 2K?

# 163 daytonanerd @ 07/31/12 10:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyo60
I think you're looking at casual gamer wrong. For instance, I am a hardcore NCAA player. Editing, re rates, long dynasty. For Madden I was hardcore till editing is gone this year whine I will take a break unless season pass blows me away. To me they are hooking the casual gamer, but re hooking the jaded hardcore with RTP. Giving both genres the best of both worlds. Now we get to 2K. I'm an extremely casual gamer. I check here from time to time to see what will happen, but overall don't go too in depth. My friends are even more casual on 2K.

Now if I read today the big announcement was real time physics or something great I'd be paying attention till release. For instance Jordan modes in 2K11 I picked it up in December, but had been checking it out since the review just out of curiosity. Before ever coming here I was going to ign games to check things occasionally. The announcement of Jay Z does nothing for me or my friends. Especially because we like country lol. At this point I'll check out how demo plays and reviews, but following news of the game is gone for me. If the news would have been physics based on being hardcore in other games I would have been very excited.

I feel like so many people on OS are either supposed to be casual or hardcore... There's several on here who are mixed and because of other series, have a general knowledge of what physics, progressive lighting, sliders etc... are. They really dropped the ball IMO of even a casual gamer following on twitter, ign or here. Only reason I made it this far was to ask the question wasn't Kanye West Amazin on a previous 2K?
Yes, Amazing was on 2K10.

# 164 coolcras7 @ 07/31/12 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE YAMA
A little shocked this would be considered the big announcement 2K has been advertising. However, this does look to be a very nice soundtrack.
Okay you guys have to get off of this already, his evolvement goes beyond the sound track they said the had a huge impact on the overall look and feel of the game, I don't know what is so difficult for some of you to understand, if 2k is not showing gameplay we wont be able to see his actual effect on the game at this time, this is just 2k teasing which they do every year around this time,and every year the same people complain, when Jordan was announce they complained, when other legends were announced they complained, accept it some of you will never be happy.

# 165 Chrisksaint @ 07/31/12 11:00 PM
Very solid soundtrack I approve

# 166 Nathan_OS @ 07/31/12 11:04 PM
So I'm gonna have to listen to the Devil rap to me while I play 2k?

Great.

# 167 coolcras7 @ 07/31/12 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_OS

Great.
did you really have to go there man.

# 168 wrestlinggod1 @ 07/31/12 11:10 PM
Hey, atleast the sizzle videos will have some awesome music

# 169 aholbert32 @ 07/31/12 11:10 PM
Quote:

Great.
Lol. I am very happy about one of our Illuminati overloads being the executive producer of 2k13.

# 170 Marc_Rez @ 07/31/12 11:10 PM
Gotta admit, I like it so far.

# 171 aloncho11 @ 07/31/12 11:14 PM
Quote:

Great.
That and the evil subliminal message from MJ in the tracks

# 172 VDusen04 @ 07/31/12 11:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Okay you guys have to get off of this already, his evolvement goes beyond the sound track they said the had a huge impact on the overall look and feel of the game, I don't know what is so difficult for some of you to understand, if 2k is not showing gameplay we wont be able to see his actual effect on the game at this time, this is just 2k teasing which they do every year around this time,and every year the same people complain, when Jordan was announce they complained, when other legends were announced they complained, accept it some of you will never be happy.
I'm wondering what it is Jay-Z will have otherwise contributed to the game itself this year. On one side of the coin, they said Jay-Z had a huge impact on the overall look and feel of the game. But on the other side of the coin, they said this was going to be arguably the biggest announcement in the history of 2K. As such, it's kind of a toss up for me at this point.

The skeptic in me wonders what it'd be about Jay-Z that'd allow him to provide such groundbreaking basketball game improvements that others could not have thought of themselves (2K employees in particular). I understood the idea of involving members of NBA broadcasts in the production of previous 2K games, as they were able to provide the dish on what camera angles are used when, in addition to assisting with stadium specific cameras. But with Jay-Z, maybe I'm not thinking deeply enough, but I'm just kind of wondering what he specifically could have brought to the table. And again, I'm sure that's exactly what 2K wants (for gamers to be interested in what may be forthcoming) but I'd be lying if I said the hype schtick wasn't annoying and leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I wish Twitter was a tangible object so I could pick it up and smash it on the ground.

# 173 NoTiCe_O @ 07/31/12 11:17 PM
Hopefully we can join the Illuminati in Myplayer

Get better endorsements, sneaker deals, popularity, and even your own signature secret handshake with Jay-z after important games.

# 174 coolcras7 @ 07/31/12 11:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
I'm wondering what it is Jay-Z will have otherwise contributed to the game itself this year. On one side of the coin, they said Jay-Z had a huge impact on the overall look and feel of the game. But on the other side of the coin, they said this was going to be arguably the biggest announcement in the history of 2K. As such, it's kind of a toss up for me at this point.

The skeptic in me wonders what it'd be about Jay-Z that'd allow him to provide such groundbreaking basketball game improvements that others could not have thought of themselves (2K employees in particular). I understood the idea of involving members of NBA broadcasts in the production of previous 2K games, as they were able to provide the dish on what camera angles are used when, in addition to assisting with stadium specific cameras. But with Jay-Z, maybe I'm not thinking deeply enough, but I'm just kind of wondering what he specifically could have brought to the table. And again, I'm sure that's exactly what 2K wants (for gamers to be interested in what may be forthcoming) but I'd be lying if I said the hype schtick wasn't annoying and leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I wish Twitter was a tangible object so I could pick it up and smash it on the ground.
How big was his involvement, they got MJ to announce it.

# 175 VDusen04 @ 07/31/12 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
How big was his involvement, they got MJ to announce it.
With respect, I'm not sure I understand that sentence. Was that an answer to my curiosity or is that you wondering alongside me?

# 176 Vni @ 07/31/12 11:40 PM
So is this the big announcement?

Hehe.

If it is, let me tell you that I personally coudn't care less. That can't be something that you advertise as the biggest announcement ever. It just can't be.

That's pretty funny actually if it is.

# 177 Gilley @ 07/31/12 11:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by facade63
God awful soundtrack i hate that kind of music, only redeeming factor is Amazing is on it
Wow. Do you listen to Bieber?

# 178 Vni @ 07/31/12 11:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan1825
Wow. Do you listen to Bieber?
Coudn't he be listening to the likes of Jim Morrison or Jimmy hendrix for exemple? Or if you don't listen to Jay Z you must listen to some kind of garbage?

# 179 Gilley @ 07/31/12 11:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Coudn't he be listening to the likes of Jim Morrison or Jimmy hendrix for exemple? Or if you don't listen to Jay Z you must listen to some kind of garbage?
I was messing around with him. I don't like Jay-Z that much.

# 180 Sparkles @ 07/31/12 11:47 PM
lol coldplay???????????

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.