Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Voting has begun to determine which QB should have the highest deep ball accuracy rating in Madden NFL 13. Tomorrow, we'll see poll for the awareness rating.

This campaign allows fans to vote on attributes like speed, elusiveness, hit power and more. The winner of each vote will be the highest-rated player for that attribute at their position in Madden NFL 13.

Upcoming weeks will focus on running backs, wide receivers and defenders, with the winners in each category announced every Friday. Here is the voting schedule breakdown:
  • July 30 – Aug 3: Quarterbacks – Speed, Throw Power, Throw Accuracy, Awareness
  • Aug 6 – 10: Running Backs – Speed, Acceleration, Trucking, Elusiveness
  • Aug 13 – 17: Wide Receivers & Tight Ends – Speed, Spectacular Catch, Route Running, Agility
  • Aug 20 – 24: Defense – Speed, Hit Power, Tackling, Man Coverage
  • Aug 24: Offensive Line, Special Teams and Overall Team Ratings
Not only will each winner receive a boost in their attributes in Madden NFL 13, but they’ll also be immortalized with a special card in Madden Ultimate Team. Fans who collect the cards of every winning player will be able to add them to a collection which will unlock a special Madden Ultimate Team reward in Madden NFL 13.

So the question is... Which QB should have the highest deep ball accuracy rating in Madden NFL 13?
  • Eli Manning
  • Aaron Rodgers
  • Tony Romo
In case you missed it.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DUDERMAN @ 08/01/12 11:10 AM
Where's the "none of the above" option?

# 2 scoonie05 @ 08/01/12 11:11 AM
I'll give this one to romo. His deep ball is amazing.

# 3 THE YAMA @ 08/01/12 11:15 AM
Without a doubt, Aaron Rodgers.

# 4 DrewsLions @ 08/01/12 11:21 AM
Rodgers or Stafford would get my vote. Why Stafford is not in there is beyond me......

# 5 RGiles36 @ 08/01/12 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scoonie05
I'll give this one to romo. His deep ball is amazing.
I disagree...I'm surprised Romo is even on the list. It's not very often that he goes deep. It's not the strength of his game.

I'd give it to Rodgers.

# 6 brandon27 @ 08/01/12 11:45 AM
It's Rodgers for me, then Manning. Romo wouldn't even be in my top 8, maybe top 10 even.

# 7 Vaporub83 @ 08/01/12 11:48 AM
Staffords deep ball looks better when throwing to Calvin Johnson. When he will go up and get anything. Plus if I had to guess I don't think they want to put any QB is more than one vote. That being said look for the AWR vote to be Peyton, Brees, & Brady.

# 8 DaBear23 @ 08/01/12 11:51 AM
tony romo is on the list. these is a joke. i would take big ben, drew brees, matty ice, or mecheal vick over tony romo when it comes to deep pass accuracy.

# 9 Chrisksaint @ 08/01/12 11:55 AM
Rodgers, but I'd have put Brees and Rivers over the other 2

# 10 jagsrock95 @ 08/01/12 12:15 PM
I didn't mind the voting for the cover thing but I really don't like this voting for best ratings. why not go by the stats to decide? And why isn't Drew brees on this list? just when I thought ea was trying to finally go for some realism...

# 11 bmj2k7 @ 08/01/12 12:29 PM
Brees Brady Rodgers Peyton Manning Cutler Stafford Vick Romo Eli Manning Big Ben my top 10

# 12 Shloopo @ 08/01/12 12:40 PM
Uh... where is Drew Brees?

# 13 roadman @ 08/01/12 12:46 PM
Rodgers, for sure.

# 14 azdawgpound @ 08/01/12 12:59 PM
lol yet another worthless vote and again only three choices? i coulda swore the nfl had 32 teams. they just need to end the voting because like i meantioned in the TP thread dosent matter what we say donny's gonna make them whatever he feels like so basically this is a waste of time.

# 15 Tyrant8RDFL @ 08/01/12 01:06 PM
This is sad IMO that a vote is needed to determine someting that the NFL has data on.

I want ratings to be accurate to the athlete, and not that of some voting system.

# 16 cuttingteeth @ 08/01/12 01:31 PM
I rolled in the floor for a minute because my mind perceived the title of the thread in a bad way. I could only think of QB's with hot WAG's for a good moment.

# 17 Find_the_Door @ 08/01/12 01:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
I disagree...I'm surprised Romo is even on the list. It's not very often that he goes deep. It's not the strength of his game.

I'd give it to Rodgers.
You're mistaken, Romo's deep ball is among the best in the NFL.

# 18 ConnSKINS26 @ 08/01/12 05:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmj2k7
Brees Brady Rodgers Peyton Manning Cutler Stafford Vick Romo Eli Manning Big Ben my top 10
Newton should be on this list somewhere as well.

# 19 ozzy57 @ 08/01/12 05:32 PM
while I agree that fan voting shouldn't be allowed I think this post best describes the truth behind it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
While I definitely agree it shouldn't be like this, hear me out.

EA Sports picks the 3 top rated candidates in the given category. Those top 3 will have the highest rating for that given category. It's not an overall rating adjustment, those are already locked in.

For example.

Who is the fastest NFL QB in Madden?

Their choices Vick, RGIII and Pryor. (Not fan choices, but EA's decision)

ATM, RGIII has it locked up with Vick easily in 2nd w/ Pryor getting zero love, in third.

OK, so EA Sports picked THEIR 3 candidates, the fans vote on those 3 based off of speed.

What happens now?

Let's say they give RGIII a 94 speed, well, they'd give Vick a 93 and Pryor a 92. Every other QB in the game would have a 91 or slower QB speed rating. NONE would match any of those three, in terms of overall speed.

Add to the fact Donnie will update as the season progresses, to make these ratings moot.

Like I said, I don't like the way it is handled either, but it's marketing. It's an easy way to spread the word about Madden, it's a way to get fans involved. Do OS readers like it? No, but there are many fans of the game out there that love that sort of thing.

Carry on.

# 20 Champion8877 @ 08/01/12 05:51 PM
Rodgers. And I would have Stafford ahead of the other two on this list.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.