Home
NCAA Football 13 News Post

If you are having issues freezing in NCAA Football 13, after Title Update #1, please list ALL SPECIFICS HERE. We'll send it over to EA Sports to take a look at.
  • Which console
  • Online/Offline
  • Mode
  • Where does it happen exactly? Cut scene, halftime, studio update, during gameplay, etc.
  • Post the name of your dynasty, as well as Gamertag/PSN ID
If you are not having any freezing issues, don't bother responding.

Game: NCAA Football 13Reader Score: 7/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 60 - View All
NCAA Football 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 241 Shortest Hitman @ 01/02/13 08:55 PM
Which console: Xbox 360
Mode: Road to Glory
Where does it happen exactly? It usually happens during cut scenes in a game. For example: after completing a pass the game, (rather annoyingly I might add), tends to run a small cut scene, i.e. the ESPN logo or a silver football, etc. and then show a replay of the pass. The majority of my freezes have happened here. I have found that by pausing the game before the cut scene/replay begins or just after it begins I can skip the replay entirely; however, it is still a little annoying to pause and un-pause the game after nearly every play. The most upsetting freeze occurred in a different place though: at the end of my SEC Championship Game in my freshman season. The camera still pans around the stadium, but the players are frozen and no sound plays. The Xbox home button still works, but nothing else. This is after the player of the game is called and immediately after my quarterback's game stats screen came up and I pressed A to close it. It was particularly upsetting because I had completed my first 10 passes in a row, thrown only 1 interception, led LSU 35-23 going into the 4th quarter, and had the ball with 1:55 left to go with the score 35-30. After being stuffed on the ground twice, I ran a play action pass on 3rd and 4, only to be sacked before I could fake the handoff. LSU's ball with :55 seconds left and no time outs. They score, the PAT was blocked, and the ensuing kickoff was ran back between the 20 and 30 yard line. With :08 seconds left, I make a perfect pass down the middle to a wide receiver that broke free after a pump fake on a Hail Mary play, and he crosses the goal line as time runs out. Final score: UGA 41, LSU 36. Then the game freezes. Unbelievably frustrating.....
This is the game mode that I've played so far, so I can't say whether it freezes elsewhere; however, it does seem that most people either have more trouble with Dynasty than Road to Glory, or just don't play Road to Glory, so I thought I would document my troubles to show the extent of the issue.

# 242 El Capahoe @ 01/03/13 11:24 PM
Xbox 360

GT: El Capahoe

Online Dynasty

Played the same team/game time and it has froze at the exact same spot both times. Right after I kick the ball off to them at halftime it goes to a replay screen or highlights and freezes right away every time iv'e tried to play the game.

# 243 ZekeRoberts @ 01/05/13 07:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Capahoe
Xbox 360

GT: El Capahoe

Online Dynasty

Played the same team/game time and it has froze at the exact same spot both times. Right after I kick the ball off to them at halftime it goes to a replay screen or highlights and freezes right away every time iv'e tried to play the game.
Exactly this just happened to me, except it was an offline team builder dynasty. But it was exactly right after halftime

X360, GT: CRob16

# 244 ForestGump @ 01/06/13 01:21 PM
That game has so many problems, i just stopped playing it. Im sure tons of people have too. The RTG mode is sooooo bad. Its worse then the splinter cell series.++

# 245 gatek99 @ 01/08/13 07:27 PM
Which console: Xbox360

Online/Offline: Online

Mode: Online Dynasty

Where does it happen exactly? It does not freeze, it just loads and loads and loads and never goes to the game. You then about 10 minutes later here it say at the end of the first qtr there is no score here, and keeps loading

This is vs a human player in the conference championship week

# 246 StoneCalf @ 01/10/13 12:21 AM
Which console: X360
Online/Offline: (I am connected to the internet while playing my Offline Dynasty)
Mode: Offline Dynasty
Where does it happen exactly?: Usually during halftime transition screens (hard freeze requiring total system reboot)

Note #1: Occurs roughly once every 10 games. (I have begun my 7th dynasty season, so this is a regular occurence)
Note #2: I do not use custom playbooks, if that matters
Note #3: Please implement an in-game save feature in future version to at least mitigate this annoyance.

# 247 Bilbobobbins @ 01/13/13 03:28 PM

Online/Offline: Online/Offline

Mode: Online Dynasty/Offline Dynasty

Where does it happen exactly? Game freezes during the end of quarter cut scene with the big ESPN logo. Happens at then end of the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd quarters about once every 4-5 games.

# 248 El Capahoe @ 01/13/13 09:42 PM
I posted here a few days ago but my freezing problem has gotten to the point where I can't play any games on any game mode. Every single one of my games freeze in the 1st or 2nd quarter usually after a play. The only way I can get through a game is by pausing the game after every play or calling no huddle. I have tried everything out there to fix it but nothing has worked. Should I just get a refund on the game?

Xbox 360

# 249 TheCapstone32 @ 01/15/13 02:02 PM
360 offline

Game always freezes in an EA transition screen. It usually happens every other game for me. It's pitiful when you feel accomplished knowing you were able to finish a full game without it freezing. Good work EA!

# 250 77Hockey @ 01/19/13 09:45 AM

Online/Offline: Offline

Where does it happen exactly? 4th Quarter of Rice vs UCLA during a transition screen. Really sucks as I was making a big comeback as Rice.

# 251 El Capahoe @ 01/19/13 10:22 PM
This game is so screwed up. I really hope that another company takes over NCAA next year when EA's contract runs out. This "patch" doesn't work at all. Games are still freezing left and right and EA doesn't really even care. They've made their money for this game already.

# 252 nanosports @ 01/21/13 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
Which console: X360
Online/Offline: (I am connected to the internet while playing my Offline Dynasty)
Where does it happen exactly?: Usually during halftime transition screens (hard freeze requiring total system reboot)

Note #1: Occurs roughly once every 10 games. (I have begun my 7th dynasty season, so this is a regular occurence)
Note #2: I do not use custom playbooks, if that matters
Note #3: Please implement an in-game save feature in future version to at least mitigate this annoyance.
This is also the same problem I'm having. It goes to the big logo(about to show score) and then the console crashes. Pretty annoying as you have to restart the 360(and judging by the noises, the 360 likes the restart as much as I do).

# 253 davidkoala @ 01/25/13 12:24 AM
System: xbox 360

Dynasty

My game freezes everytime i try to start using create a coach wowww

# 254 jmalymal @ 02/07/13 02:39 PM
Gamertag: Matubbo
Console: Xbox 360
Online/Offline: Both

Issues: Rare freezing, absolutely nothing regarding Gametrack (i.e player stats etc.), halftime updates, trophy awards etc.

# 255 cdiddy135 @ 02/08/13 12:03 AM
xbox 360
mode rtg
please help on rtg it freezes the whole game right when i move down to play the next game but everthing else works fine other then rtg

# 256 opd897 @ 02/10/13 08:47 PM
Xbox 360

Was having some good fortune, played 6 games without a freeze. Then, in my offline dynasty it has frozen 3 games in a row, right after half time when play has resumed, 2 of them on a studio update and one just on a routine play. Guess no hope of getting this fixed at this point. Really wish EA would get their act together.

# 257 bigTex @ 02/12/13 07:32 PM
Which console: xbox360
Online/Offline: offline
Mode: all
Where does it happen exactly? Cut scene, halftime, studio update, during gameplay, etc.: my game freezes whenever i play as, against, or try to edit the rosters for washington and texas a&m. its gotten really annoying as i could play around it, but then i had a bowl game against a&m and i had to sim through. anybody else having this program? my disc isn't scratched.

# 258 bcduggan @ 02/12/13 07:55 PM
PS3
Online Dynasty
VS CPU

Both me and the other player in the online dynasty I run have had it freeze in the cut scene at the end of the game. Most recently happened to him 2 nights ago.

# 259 Mustafa @ 02/22/13 01:02 AM
I had my 1st freeze occur today.

System - XBOX360
when- during offline Dynasty (but I was connected to XBOX live)

As I was entering into the menu where I can adjust my "recruiting assistance"
the game froze up. I read about some people manually disconnected from XBOX live so I tried that. Didn't work/

# 260 nyce hoffa @ 03/15/13 06:23 PM
Platform - Xbox360

Happens when playing dynasty mode, mainly during halftime of my games

Usename - Nyce Hoffa

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.