Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

Jon Robinson just posted via Twitter, NBA Live 13 will not be shown at the EA Sports media event tomorrow. After we got our hopes up yesterday.

Quote:
Just got word that NBA Live will no longer be at the EA Sports media event tomorrow, but will have its own event at a later time.

Kotaku's Owen Good asked EA for a release date and received this head-scratching response.

Quote:
Asked EA Sports: "At this stage, will NBA Live 13 release on 10/2, or prior to NBA's 10/30 tipoff?" Reply: "At this stage, yes."

Let the rumors fly, because after all... That is all we have at this point.

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 23 @ 08/01/12 05:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by King_B_Mack
I cannot wait to see how the EA guys spin this one. 2K was gonna send some undercover guys to the event tomorrow to steal some more ideas. Eminem was supposed to EP Live but 2K found out and stole that idea so they had to go even more secret to save ideas. I don't know what it's gonna be this time, but I can't wait to see it.
Ill start off

King B you just hatin on EA

# 22 Drewski @ 08/01/12 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Ill start off

King B you just hatin on EA
You guys haven't even seen the game yet just a bunch of propaganda articles.

Bunch of 2k lovers

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 23 23 @ 08/01/12 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski

Bunch of 2k lovers

Going downhill from here

Still curious to see what they'll report on tomorrow

# 24 22cedric @ 08/01/12 05:31 PM
Maybe they're waiting to show the game when it's in the beta stage.

# 25 HoosierDaddy @ 08/01/12 05:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Going downhill from here

You're just a Live h8er

haha, jk 23

# 26 23 @ 08/01/12 05:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
You're just a Live h8er

haha, jk 23

LOL... I need to change my signature

Im like Da_anti- Czar

# 27 kennyacid @ 08/01/12 05:39 PM
I still think this game will be fine

# 28 MarvellousOne @ 08/01/12 05:40 PM
Quote:

Bunch of 2k lovers

Interesting theory my good fellow, but what else do we have to go off of? Nothing has been show except to those who attended E3. Word of mouth is a huge tool in the selling of a product, and if you have received a bad preview and have yet to commit to showing off you're product to the masses with any concrete evidence that your product is going to be as good as advertised, no announcement of the release of your product, and then you say this game will be shown on X day and then later say it will not be shown on X date, plus you don't even have the game on your upcoming release sheet. To top it off people already have doubt about your product because it hasn't been very good in past iterations, how can you expect people to be very optimistic when all the signs point towards a downward spiral. This has nothing to do with 2K or people being 2K fanboys or 2K lovers, EA just isn't stepping up to the plate point blank period as it stands right now, hopefully they do deliver this year...but there off to a rocky start.

If you're comment was considered a joke I will apologize to you in advance also because I would have taken it out of context.

# 29 Gstate_510 @ 08/01/12 05:41 PM
This is not looking good and although i don't play live anymore it still sucks for the people that was looking forward to its return

# 30 King_B_Mack @ 08/01/12 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyacid
I still think this game will be fine

# 31 Marvc @ 08/01/12 06:00 PM
Lololol all alone Kenny all alone on that thought. Hahah

# 32 alexthegreat @ 08/01/12 06:03 PM
The writing on the wall gets clearer every week for this game lol.

# 33 Marvc @ 08/01/12 06:08 PM
I really don't see any reason to be disappointed. There no way live will ever catch up to 2k now. It's
Ike SMU all those years aga getting the death penalty.never recovered. EA basically gave themselves the death penalty in terms of making a quality basketball game. It's a wrap, 2k has it on lock and all basketball fans shod rejoice in that.

I mean it could be the other way around(looks at madden angrily!) haha

# 34 yaboythecib @ 08/01/12 06:12 PM
really tho u only need a month to market a game really.... honestly september will be cutting it close... but really tho i think silence is the best way to market this game. EA should only i mean only market the game when the game is ready 4 the community. Cuz that was that was the mistake ea made wit elite 11 there where hyping a product that clearly wasn't ready to be shown nor released. I believe EA not goin to show nba live 13 till they believe the game is ready to be shown to a community that ready don't believe in them. showing anything least then a soild product is stupid. But in Silence EA got the community attention regradless of the negative feedback it bring. But at the same time Support or haters both want to see NBA LIVE 13. I believe that the silence is a new market stragery. i could be wrong....but idk

# 35 TreyIM2 @ 08/01/12 06:20 PM
I'm really starting to think EA is pulling some Tom-foolery on us all. I've been thinking about that interesting supposed tweet a couple weeks ago from dude from EA saying they're doing something a bit unconventional for them wit marketing for game. Vagueness and smoke could very well be it.
Remember, 2k was known for being extremely quiet about their game until recent yrs.

# 36 Drewski @ 08/01/12 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousOne
Interesting theory my good fellow, but what else do we have to go off of? Nothing has been show except to those who attended E3. Word of mouth is a huge tool in the selling of a product, and if you have received a bad preview and have yet to commit to showing off you're product to the masses with any concrete evidence that your product is going to be as good as advertised, no announcement of the release of your product, and then you say this game will be shown on X day and then later say it will not be shown on X date, plus you don't even have the game on your upcoming release sheet. To top it off people already have doubt about your product because it hasn't been very good in past iterations, how can you expect people to be very optimistic when all the signs point towards a downward spiral. This has nothing to do with 2K or people being 2K fanboys or 2K lovers, EA just isn't stepping up to the plate point blank period as it stands right now, hopefully they do deliver this year...but there off to a rocky start.

If you're comment was considered a joke I will apologize to you in advance also because I would have taken it out of context.
Was a joke good sir, no worries hah

# 37 23 @ 08/01/12 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaboythecib
really tho u only need a month to market a game really.... honestly september will be cutting it close... but really tho i think silence is the best way to market this game. EA should only i mean only market the game when the game is ready 4 the community. Cuz that was that was the mistake ea made wit elite 11 there where hyping a product that clearly wasn't ready to be shown nor released. I believe EA not goin to show nba live 13 till they believe the game is ready to be shown to a community that ready don't believe in them. showing anything least then a soild product is stupid. But in Silence EA got the community attention regradless of the negative feedback it bring. But at the same time Support or haters both want to see NBA LIVE 13. I believe that the silence is a new market stragery. i could be wrong....but idk
They didnt show us anything with Elite...

Thats why I went to Venice and got those videos... no matter how early or late a stage is Boozer should never be jumping from the FT Line

# 38 mvb34 @ 08/01/12 06:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimLeavy59
The NBA decides the release date not EA.

Did the NBA decided when NBA Live 2006 came out.. That came out in Novebmer..

# 39 Drewski @ 08/01/12 06:22 PM
Quote:
Quote:

Bunch of 2k lovers

Going downhill from here

Probably wont say a word and be like oh its coming along great, going to market it aggressive!

# 40 23 @ 08/01/12 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Did the NBA decided when NBA Live 2006 came out.. That came out in Novebmer..
Live 06 still came out on the Xbox 1

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.