Home
News Post

Michael Phelps is a record holder: he has the most medals out of any Olympian ever in history. Some are wanting to call Phelps the greatest Olympic athlete of all time, but it's worth noting that he happens to be great in a sport with numerous events. I'm not sure you can call him the best Olympic Athlete ever just based on his medal count -- as making a case for dominance in a sport long term could be made for many others.

However, winning 18 medals total (I'm avoiding Olympic results so this could have easily changed) is no small feat. It's one worthy of celebration.

So what about you? Is Michael Phelps the best ever? How impressed are you by his medal count?

Member Comments
# 21 MoultonHawk @ 08/05/12 07:55 PM
I think a lot of Phelp's success is due to his body, he's a beast, he has the longest torso I'll ever seen.

# 22 jgess6232 @ 08/06/12 02:31 AM
To you idiots who say it's just swimming, obviously have not taken your butts into a pool and swam 20 laps as fast as you could. Competitive swimming hands down is one of the most enduring and difficult sports of all time. The constant holding breathe to take a breathe, running out of breathe. You have to be an amazing athlete. And to win 18 total golds is downright impossible. He is hands down the greatest Olympian of ALL TIME.

# 23 cnilsson2 @ 08/06/12 11:18 AM
now I think Phelps is the best olympian of all time. His 18 golds are 10 more than Mark Spitz's 8 golds.

# 24 micahclay @ 08/10/12 07:24 PM
It's very impressive. Swimming is extremely difficult.

# 25 Tmizzle @ 08/21/12 12:57 AM
I think it is very impressive to be honest. As i am also from Maryland, i am very proud to support a home town guy in Phelps that broke the record. Swimming is no joke. I use to Swim for college and compared to Phelps, i would stand no chance at all!

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.