Home
News Post

At the dawn of August, we're learning a lot more about which teams are contenders and which are...ahem...pretenders. Outside of the AL East, each division is easily up for grabs with very close races -- although the AL East is only separated by 6.5 games, a margin which is easily erased with a bad series or two.

So, with so many teams (15 to be exact) still realistically having playoff potential at this stage of the season, we're going to be darned impressed when you accurately predict the World Series.

So who do you have winning both leagues and playing in the World Series?

Sound off!

Game: MLBReader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: SportsVotes for game: 2 - View All
Member Comments
# 21 Chrisksaint @ 08/03/12 06:18 PM
Angels/Giants

# 22 Jimbo614 @ 08/03/12 06:55 PM
Well, just yesterday I said it was finally time for Reds Fans to start making World Series plans. Right now, barring catastrophe, I think the Reds are on one of those rolls you only see from Championship calibre teams.
So, being in Cincinnati, who would I like to see? Hmmm.
I guess it's between two teams... Yankees or Rangers.
Something about that Yankee Series back in June was magical. I think Reds found out who they were that weekend.
So, I guess I'm hoping for the Yankees.
Then again, I like The Rangers; And the Josh Hamilton story would be fun. And I'd like to see the Rangers get off the snide. Just not at the expense of my Reds.

# 23 TCM @ 08/04/12 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 55
Spoiler
I tell ya what, that was my match up to begin the season, and dad gummit I'm not changing it now.

# 24 RunningTheNight @ 08/04/12 01:01 AM
Isn't it in my sig?

But, on a serious notes, I'm going with the Angels vs the Nats.

# 25 gigadkc @ 08/04/12 05:07 AM
Yankees vs Dodgers

# 26 HadlerT @ 08/04/12 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTheNight
Isn't it in my sig?

But, on a serious notes, I'm going with the Angels vs the Nats.
Man, I wish. not just because it's the M's, but they'd have a legit chance of winning.

But seriously, Yanks over Reds, in 6.

# 27 BrianFifaFan @ 08/04/12 08:16 AM
Yanks vs Reds.

Reds in 7.

# 28 Buckeyes_Doc @ 08/04/12 01:27 PM
Angels vs Reds

# 29 redsrule @ 08/04/12 03:46 PM
Houston vs Minnesota!

Seriously though, the Angels vs the Reds seems like a good bet as of now.

# 30 weeeeeeez @ 08/04/12 03:48 PM
Reds vs. Rangers.

# 31 KingV2k3 @ 08/04/12 07:22 PM
The most entertaining for me would be the 'Nats vs. the A's...

I'm always in favor of underdogs, new blood, mixing it up, etc...

# 32 Speedy_Bronco @ 08/04/12 07:25 PM
Astros vs Indians. Picked them at the start. Aint changin it now.

# 33 ZB9 @ 08/05/12 05:02 AM
If I had to bet on it, it would be Chicago White Sox vs. Reds

but im pulling for Rangers vs. Giants

# 34 bodean @ 08/05/12 10:54 PM
Detroit Tigers and whoever, doesn't matter to me, national league is weak this year

# 35 Dice @ 08/06/12 08:31 AM
Right now, it looks like the White Sox and Giants.

In the case of the White Sox, rookie manager Robin Ventura looks like he's pushing all the right buttons this year. GM Kenny Williams is also pushing all the right buttons with his transactions this season. I know the Yankees and Rangers can knock the cover off the ball but the White Sox seem to have a better pitching staff despite the injuries and under-performance of Phil Humber.

In the case of the Giants, one key for them is if Tim Lincecum is gonna figure it out and come out of his year long slump. The two-time Cy Young award winner would make the Giants have the best pitching staff in the league hands down. And even with him under-performing, the Giants still have one of the better staffs in baseball. If Lincecum turns it on, look out. Yes, they don't have the slugging of the Red but they have enough offense to get them through just like in their championship season of 2010.

# 36 Buckeyes_Doc @ 08/06/12 10:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodean
Detroit Tigers and whoever, doesn't matter to me, national league is weak this year
How is the NL weak?

# 37 cnilsson2 @ 08/06/12 11:09 AM
Rangers vs Reds

# 38 Perfect Zero @ 08/06/12 10:39 PM
Right now I would say Rangers vs. Nationals, but that's the thing about "right now"

# 39 Kentucky_Wildcat23 @ 08/07/12 11:15 AM
Pirates Vs. Angels

# 40 DieHardYankee26 @ 08/07/12 04:32 PM
I would love to see Yankees - Nationals. My favorite team against the team closest to me and a team that I've come to root for and respect in the Nationals (mainly because of Ryan Zimmerman). Any matchup with the Yankees, Nationals, or Dodgers would be great for me. I really hate Texas and don't want to see them make it again, but if they have to, I'd be happy to watch them lose again.

Detroit would be fun also. I have a feeling Verlander would provide at least 1 or 2 really legendary pitching performances in an extended post season / championship run.

TL;DR: Yankees - Nationals.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.