Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

EA Sports has just released the complete Madden NFL 13 ratings for every quarterback in the game.

For the complete Madden NFL 13 quarterback ratings, click here.

The ratings category winners in Speed, Throw Power, Deep Throw Accuracy, and Awareness will be reflected in the week one Madden NFL 13 roster update.

Just a few notable ratings.
  • Ryan 89, Cam 89, Schaub 89, Flacco 88, Cutler 87, Hasselbeck 85, Luck 84, Palmer 84, Dalton 83, Smith 83
  • RGIII rated 83 with 93 speed.
  • Sanchez overall 80, Tebow 77.
  • RGIII, Vick and Pryor are the fastest QB's in Madden NFL 13. Next 5 are Josh Johnson, Tyrod Taylor, Joe Webb, Cam Newton, Vince Young.
  • Top 10 QB Throwing Power. Stafford, Cutler, Mallett, Vick, Newton, Rodgers, Freeman, Osweiler, Skelton, Brady.
  • Top 12 QB Accuracy. Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Eli, Peyton, Schaub, Stafford, Big Ben, Luck, Romo, Ryan.
What are your thoughts on the QB ratings?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 DNMHIII @ 08/04/12 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
Ummm... riiiiight.

That's why some people questioned Newton's ability to make passes from the pocket when he came to the NFL.

Even taking away the eye test, where Luck looked like a significantly more polished passer than Newton, Luck was a better passer statistically too.

Newton: 66% completion percentage, 2,854 yards, 30 TDs, 7 INTs
Luck's last two seasons: 70.7%, 3,338 yards, 32 TDs, 8 INTs; 71.3%, 3,517 yards, 37 TDs, 10 INTs

Luck would have been the #1 pick last year had he come out.
You will never find one credible source say that Luck was a more polished passer than Newton. Actually, if you can find anyone that has you can post a link here and we can get a good chuckle.

# 102 N51_rob @ 08/04/12 11:58 AM
LOL, Andrew Luck was the QB at Stanford he didn't throw the deep ball, because he had no one who could get deep. There is a reason that Luck would've been picked over Cam last year if he came out.

Anyways. I think RGIII and Luck are a little overrated. That said, as a skins owner and user I'm not gonna complain to loudly. It is gonna suck for me personally because I am a sim guy and I know it will only be a matter of time before someone sees me as the Redskins and backs out because eventually the redskins will be a "cheese" team. Especially with the speedy receivers, RB and TE they have. At least they still have the community features.

# 103 bmj2k7 @ 08/04/12 12:07 PM
How is Gabbert and Tannehill better than Ryan Mallett, Brian Hoyer but mainly HOW IN THE WORLD ARE THEY RATED HIGHER THAN TJ YATES ??????? YATES won a playoff game and almost went to the AFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME, WTF. Im a Patriots fan and I think Schaub is a bit overrated but come on THAT IS JUST WRONG, Gabbert couldn't throw the ball, made bad decisions and held the ball like a new born baby, he didn't want to let go.

Cutler is going to get a +10 to deep accuracy so he might be a 92 at years end, I see a substantial increase for Bradford bc hes a beast, and this summer his WRs are turning heads bc they look so much better than last years team.

# 104 bmj2k7 @ 08/04/12 12:22 PM
How does Joe Webb have a 63 AWR and Curtis Painter have a 65 AWR and Ryan Mallett have a 45? If you increase his AWR +30 to 75 where Hoyer is, and give him a 80 something deep accuracy, with his already 98 throw power he will be one of the games best QBs. OH WAIT YOU CANT EDIT THEN PLAY CC, oh well guess i wont buy this until a patch fixes this, if not Madden 12 is still good enough!

# 105 N51_rob @ 08/04/12 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyj123_321
Luck, RG3 and Newton will all be great NFL starters. That being said if i had to choose one of the three as to who has the biggest chance of being a bust. I'd have to go with Luck, Newton and RG3 have speed with there game and can create plays with there legs that Luck can't. That's why i'd give them the edge.
Umm....Luck isn't that much slower than Newton. Cam Newton doesn't run away from DB's he runs around and over them. It takes more than an arm tackle to bring him down. Luck can do the same thing. Lets not forget the one handed catch he made when lined up at WR.

To say Newton has speed, but Luck does not. Pretty much leads me to believe you don't watch much football or at least didn't watch a lot of Luck at Stanford.

# 106 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/04/12 12:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyj123_321
Luck, RG3 and Newton will all be great NFL starters. That being said if i had to choose one of the three as to who has the biggest chance of being a bust. I'd have to go with Luck, Newton and RG3 have speed with there game and can create plays with there legs that Luck can't. That's why i'd give them the edge.
You know Luck was basically identical at the combine to Newton right? He can create with his legs, he just chooses not to because he sees the field better than Newton at this point in their careers.

# 107 bmj2k7 @ 08/04/12 12:28 PM
Newton will washout in less than 5 years, so many mobile QBs have washed out after 1 season, i give Newton 5 bc hes so big someone will give a chance like tebow for goal line stuff

# 108 bmj2k7 @ 08/04/12 12:30 PM
LUCK with WRs and playmakers will be a top 10 QB in no time

# 109 Yeah...THAT Guy @ 08/04/12 12:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmj2k7
How does Joe Webb have a 63 AWR and Curtis Painter have a 65 AWR and Ryan Mallett have a 45? If you increase his AWR +30 to 75 where Hoyer is, and give him a 80 something deep accuracy, with his already 98 throw power he will be one of the games best QBs. OH WAIT YOU CANT EDIT THEN PLAY CC, oh well guess i wont buy this until a patch fixes this, if not Madden 12 is still good enough!
You're not going to get Madden because RYAN MALLETT isn't one of the best QBs in the NFL overall-wise but he is skill wise?

# 110 DNMHIII @ 08/04/12 12:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy
You know Luck was basically identical at the combine to Newton right? He can create with his legs, he just chooses not to because he sees the field better than Newton at this point in their careers.
Hmmmmm....not sure if thats accurate at all to be honest.

Luck doesn't create with his legs because that not his game even though he definitly can make his way down field should he decide to leave the pocket. Luck isn't gonna juke or spin out of tackles, but he's more than capable of getting yards and sliding. Lucks game is at the line and checking out of bad plays and controlling the defense and thats why he's so coveted. I won't argue with Luck's strengths because I know how good he is, its when people start to compare Luck's passing game with Newton and RG3 that it becomes apparent that they just haven't watched much of Luck IMO.

# 111 MattGarza13 @ 08/04/12 12:54 PM
Who cares.. Haha only time will tell. RG3, Newton, and Luck all have HoF talent (easy, didn't say any of them will get close.. Just that physically at the QB position theres only been a few that can match them.) Not being racist but I believe Luck's athleticism gets overlooked because he was the white kid that went to Stanford.

They all have different types of games and I can't wait to hopefully see them join the elite group of QBs some day.

# 112 N51_rob @ 08/04/12 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
Hmmmmm....not sure if thats accurate at all to be honest.

Luck doesn't create with his legs because that not his game even though he definitly can make his way down field should he decide to leave the pocket. Luck isn't gonna juke or spin out of tackles, but he's more than capable of getting yards and sliding. Lucks game is at the line and checking out of bad plays and controlling the defense and thats why he's so coveted. I won't argue with Luck's strengths because I know how good he is, its when people start to compare Luck's passing game with Newton and RG3 that it becomes apparent that they just haven't watched much of Luck IMO.

It's equally apparent you have a huge anti-Luck agenda.

# 113 DNMHIII @ 08/04/12 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
It's equally apparent you have a huge anti-Luck agenda.
No not at all. I live 15 minutes from Palo Alto and I like Luck as a prospect, I'm just sick of people drooling over areas of his game that aren't reflective of his strengths. Luck is not a dynamic passer of the football and you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that says he is.

Newton and RG3 will ruin you with their arm if you let them, Luck will not and thats my view.

# 114 N51_rob @ 08/04/12 01:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNMHIII
No not at all. I live 15 minutes from Palo Alto and I like Luck as a prospect, I'm just sick of people drooling over areas of his game that aren't reflective of his strengths. Luck is not a dynamic passer of the football and you'll be hard pressed to find anyone that says he is.
Except for all those NFL personal people who have called him the second coming of Elway. Time will tell at this point.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 115 DNMHIII @ 08/04/12 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Except for all those NFL personal people who have called him the second coming of Elway. Time will tell at this point.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
Oh I get that and like I said I think he's talented no doubt. Luck could become a great QB and I'd compare him to a P. Manning without the same level of passing skills entering the NFL thats all. My point is that as passers Newton and RG3 were better passers than Luck in college and I think they'll be better passers in the NFL as well.

# 116 jcool213 @ 08/04/12 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by batyuki
So what's with the fan voting stuff ? People voted Aaron Rodgers to have the best deep ball accuracy, yet he ends up with a 94 and Eli has a 96. Looks like the votes are pointless in the end.

Also, why does Newton have a 75 deep accuracy while he had an 85 in the final Madden 12 roster ? Seems a little random to me.
it is called not giveing a ray lewis

# 117 KingV2k3 @ 08/04/12 02:16 PM
I'm not that concerned with the OVR / THP / THA ratings...

It's the AWR rating that helps determine how well the defense (CPU) plays against you (HUM)...

Luck has a 60, RGIII has a 58 and...wait for it...

VINCE YOUNG has a 67!!!

It wouldn't be so bad, if it weren't for the fact that traditionally (?) AWR has been the "poor relation" of progression...

With those "starting points", ain't no way Luck or Griffin will EVER get their AWRs into the ranges that even mediocre starters begin the game with...

For instance, Orton is a 79 AWR and Palmer is an 80...

At a 3-5 point AWR increase over multiple seasons, it would take Luck / RGIII over 5 years to get as "smart" as Orton...

Don't underestimate the impact of QB AWR in this title...

Luck and RGIII might have great ratings re: "measurables", but in gameplay versus the CPU, they're going to be facing a very "smart" defense, which calibrates off opponent AWR...

AWR is the main reason I'm going to be complaining about the lack of editing...

I could manually progress the QBs (and others) from season to season, to reflect their "learned experience" of playing in the NFL...

Lastly, AWR doesn't seem to be fully understood / appreciated by the stock ratings...

The current system allows for too much of a spread in "intelligence" and not enough of a spread re: "measurables"...

Well, that's my "awareness" of the situation!

# 118 DNMHIII @ 08/04/12 02:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I'm not that concerned with the OVR / THP / THA ratings...

It's the AWR rating that helps determine how well the defense (CPU) plays against you (HUM)...

Luck has a 60, RGIII has a 58 and...wait for it...

VINCE YOUNG has a 67!!!

It wouldn't be so bad, if it weren't for the fact that traditionally (?) AWR has been the "poor relation" of progression...

With those "starting points", ain't no way Luck or Griffin will EVER get their AWRs into the ranges that even mediocre starters begin the game with...

For instance, Orton is a 79 AWR and Palmer is an 80...

At a 3-5 point AWR increase over multiple seasons, it would take Luck / RGIII over 5 years to get as "smart" as Orton...

Don't underestimate the impact of QB AWR in this title...

Luck and RGIII might have great ratings re: "measurables", but in gameplay versus the CPU, they're going to be facing a very "smart" defense, which calibrates off opponent AWR...

AWR is the main reason I'm going to be complaining about the lack of editing...

I could manually progress the QBs (and others) from season to season, to reflect their "learned experience" of playing in the NFL...

Lastly, AWR doesn't seem to be fully understood / appreciated by the stock ratings...

The current system allows for too much of a spread in "intelligence" and not enough of a spread re: "measurables"...

Well, that's my "awareness" of the situation!

This is so spot on and its why the attribute values relative to just about every position needs to be tweaked so you don't have a bunch of athletic idiots running around.

# 119 Dr. Poe @ 08/04/12 02:23 PM
Jaws stated that Flacco had the strongest arm in the NFL when he did his QB rankings.
Flacco's arm strength should be higher.

Why is RGIII awareness so low. It makes it seem like he is ********.

It seems like EA has a hard time with its rating system. They think that they have to rate people so high in order for them to be good. It's like Joe Montana never had the strongest arm but he used his limited abilities to become one of the greatest of all time. It seems like if you don't get an overall over 90 in madden then your player will suck. They have to find a way to count for the intangibles.

# 120 titans2091 @ 08/04/12 04:32 PM
How is it that Jake Lockers rating is a 75 while Hasselbecks rating is an 85?

Im not saying Hasselbeck is a bad rating because I would give him that rating as well but Locker should only be a few points behind Hasselbeck.

Last time I checked both of those QB's were in a competition for the starting job for the titans. So I don't see how they have a huge difference in rating. Also Jake Locker is better than Vince Young so I dont know how they can have the same rating.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.