Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Check out the new Madden NFL 13 screenshots of Michael Irvin.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 eko718 @ 08/04/12 01:27 PM
The graphical quality is good but it doesn't look much like him. Looks too diesel.

# 42 coogrfan @ 08/04/12 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
The first pic is nice but it clearly has some sort of filter applied to it to make it look old.

As for the sleeve stripes, it seems on these old jerseys EA still used the Nike template and simply extended the sleeves, and for some reason the stripes stayed where they are on the Nike version.
If so, why are the stripes in the right place on the Ronnie Lott and Walter Payton screenshots?

# 43 BK_NC @ 08/04/12 01:59 PM
These screenshots look like they've been Photoshop'd some, not captured straight off the running game.

While it looks "good", I think its to beefy and thick to be an accurate model of Irvin. But Madden has always had this problem to me of their models in general looking "bigger" than the real life players do on TV.

But I can't trash the Madden models too much because to me the NFL 2K (including APF 2K8) models have appeared on the thin side to me. No one seems to have gotten it totally right.

I wish EA would concentrate more on how the players look playing in motion on the field in their games instead of how pretty their models look in a still screenshot. No one plays the game in freeze frame. This is their 8th release on the 360 and while its improved some, the players still look to robotic in to many parts of the game.

# 44 KANE699 @ 08/04/12 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan
If so, why are the stripes in the right place on the Ronnie Lott and Walter Payton screenshots?
This is correct, with each sleeve type, there is an ablity by the art team to decide what the pattern on that sleeve should look like and even with the current jerseys they seem to have done a great job for most teams like the Bears and Niners but not the Cowboys here.

This needs to be fixed on the long sleeve template for all of the cowboys uniforms it would appear.

# 45 Jim Jones @ 08/04/12 02:32 PM
the lack of a mouthpiece is so glaring. you can't find a real picture of Irvin without that thing either dangling off his facemask or in his mouth.

# 46 Evlmnky33 @ 08/04/12 03:10 PM
there was 88 coments on this... and then i screwed it up.

# 47 Joey Sauce @ 08/04/12 03:16 PM
It's hilarious that no one has yet realized they used Roy Williams' face as Michael Irvin's. EA, we are not idiots.

# 48 Plush oNe @ 08/04/12 03:16 PM
I swear, that first pic looks like it's a real life still shot!

# 49 KANE699 @ 08/04/12 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stampede_94
They won't fix it. EA does not patch graphics. Fields have suffered season after season.

Incorrect, uniforms are patchable.

# 50 darknmild @ 08/04/12 03:22 PM
looks good now drop the demo

# 51 jorge380 @ 08/04/12 05:00 PM
These models look like Madden 08.

# 52 CcAaRrSsOoNn3 @ 08/04/12 05:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyi05
It's hilarious that no one has yet realized they used Roy Williams' face as Michael Irvin's. EA, we are not idiots.
Good post. Looks exactly like Ol' Roy.

# 53 coogrfan @ 08/04/12 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82

Check out the new Madden NFL 13 screenshots of Michael Irvin.

If the game ships with the Cowboys as the only team with screwed up old school sleeves I'm going to be seriously ticked.

# 54 iBetYaQuit @ 08/04/12 05:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justcallmedaddy
Where is Irvin's mouthpiece?
If its in the game, It's in the game...? Glad to see their living up to their motto

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

# 55 KANE699 @ 08/04/12 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coogrfan

If the game ships with the Cowboys as the only team with screwed up old school sleeves I'm going to be seriously ticked.
That's not the only thing, I don't believe they added the captains patches to the Cowboys or the Cowboys logo on the front of the helmets they wore last year.

# 56 Find_the_Door @ 08/04/12 06:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KANE699
That's not the only thing, I don't believe they added the captains patches to the Cowboys or the Cowboys logo on the front of the helmets they wore last year.

No, the Cowboys have patches. I had Donny change it from Witten to Romo last year but it doesn't appear in game. They have to have that preset for it to appear in game. I've been sending that and the legends sleeves errors the last month or so and I've received no response, looks troubling.

# 57 BigBadTom @ 08/04/12 11:58 PM
Since when was Michael Irvin a 280 pound tank? Looks like everyone has a flak jacket on

# 58 stoncold32 @ 08/05/12 01:49 AM
I've only read the first page, but I cant believe the praise from everyone.

Since when was Mike Irvin that big....he looks like a TE in that last picture.

# 59 Khimera @ 08/05/12 01:56 AM
All the player models are thicker than they should be. They need to make the arms shorter and shrink them overall. Not every player in the NFL is built like a tank, come on EA.

# 60 KANE699 @ 08/05/12 03:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
No, the Cowboys have patches. I had Donny change it from Witten to Romo last year but it doesn't appear in game. They have to have that preset for it to appear in game. I've been sending that and the legends sleeves errors the last month or so and I've received no response, looks troubling.
The problem is they have to turn on the patches back on for the jersey's because they had been turned off.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.