Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Madden NFL 13 Player Ratings - Top 10 Overall RB

#1 Maurice Jones-Drew - 97 Overall
#2 Adrian Peterson - 97 Overall
#3 Arian Foster - 96 Overall
#4 LeSean McCoy - 95 Overall
#5 Ray Rice - 95 Overall
#6 Matt Forte - 93 Overall
#7 Frank Gore - 92 Overall
#8 Steven Jackson - 92 Overall
#9 Jamaal Charles - 91 Overall
#10 Michael Turner - 91 OverallAgree or disagree?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 bxgoods @ 08/08/12 07:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chibears96
Wtf Turner stiff arming Ed Reed at :36.
What's the problem?

# 142 Aurabolt127 @ 08/09/12 04:53 AM
Really, Charles at a 91? This is a joke. Madden way overrates everyone. Terrible game construction....like when it was busy making Emmitt Smith a 99, giving him 99s in everything just to do it. It's just a flawed system.

# 143 8mileroad @ 08/09/12 08:29 AM
Sorry for stating the obvious... but Lesean McCoy runs nothing like Lesean McCoy.

# 144 angels eclipse7 @ 08/09/12 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
As soon as EA put the legends in the game, the ratings became based on "all time" because the legends are using the same ratings as the rest of the players. Like I said earlier, you can't have Barry Sanders rated at 99, then have MJD just 2 points below him. It just ain't right.
I think that MJD should be a 93 and Barry Sanders like a 101 (even though it only goes up to 99, they should still drive up his ratings after he has already hit 99).

# 145 Cj7298419 @ 08/09/12 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dj_MyTime
Two words...

Darren Sproles, just saying.
Yea, I'm interested to see what Sproles is rated

# 146 xMoJox @ 08/09/12 10:29 AM
Funny, you guys notice how long it took Faulk to say "top ten?" It's like C'MOON MAAAN!!

# 147 iAM-IncReDiBLe- @ 08/09/12 05:18 PM
Michael Turner isn't a good receiving back but he is easily one of the best hbs at running the ball period. He is a work horse an has been elite ever since he was given the starting job in ATL.

# 148 ShaneTheMaster @ 08/09/12 10:21 PM
I think EA would rate me an 89 overall.

# 149 shavane @ 08/10/12 08:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8mileroad
Sorry for stating the obvious... but Lesean McCoy runs nothing like Lesean McCoy.
Actually none of the backs run like themselves. Come to think of it no one on this game runs like themselves...lmao. I've finally moved on in my life and put the demons of 2k5 to rest and accepted that Madden is the only way I can take the edge of my need for a football video game fix and to be honest its helped me actually enjoy Madden more with my new lowered expectations. lol

Still curious why after all these years we can't get the simple task of having runners actually look like they are running...foot plants, digging, actual realistic leg movement instead of the weird running on skates for the last 20 years. 2k did it, there are a dozen action games that did it but the one game where it might be important to make players actually look like they run can't get it right...I'm just saying.

I do hope that one day there is a definitive destinction between the way different positions run...we can work on that 1st and then maybe attempt to differentiate between different running styles for actual players.

# 150 mpeterso @ 08/10/12 05:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
I disagree that 95-99 rating should be reserved for Hall of Fame type players. I think ratings should be based of the season the player had last season.
I agree for the most part. The problem with reserving 95-99 ratings for "hall of famers" is obvious - none of us know for certain if a player is getting into to the hall of fame until either they are well into their already hall of fame worthy career, or until they are basically at the end of their career and have met certain milestones and criteria that seem to be important to hall of fame voters. Even then, we may not actually find out if they are "hall of famers" until 2-3, sometimes 4 decades later when they actually get voted in.

Therefore, a player early in their career, playing at an elite level will actually be underrated using the 95+ equals hall of fame only criteria. This makes no sense when you consider that many of the truly greatest iconic players in NFL history were pretty much great right out of the box (i.e. Jim Brown, Lawrence Taylor, Ronnie Lott, Reggie White, Joe Greene, Anthony Munoz, Dick Lane etc) while others shone brightest in their first 2-4 years in the league (Earl Campbell, Gale Sayers, John Mackey, Mike Ditka, Marcus Allen, Eric Dickerson etc). In fact, the career arc for many NFLers is to burn brightest early in their career and then either fade away out quickly, or carve out a niche as a solid pro later in their careers. This seems particularly true when considering a position like running back where one or two injuries and wear and tear can knock a former beast to average back in a matter of a season or two.

The bottom line is ratings should be fairly heavily weighted to how the player is performing at this moment, in this season. I mean an elite season is an elite season because it can be some what easily compared to player performance before it. If a player is playing at an elite level, and is not just the product of a system, this should be recognised in their ratings.

# 151 DeuceDouglas @ 08/10/12 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MlbTheShowYo
LOL, dillusion. Mcfadden is a better every down runner, has more power, is a better receiver. Charles is a flash in the pan that was just a change of pace back. HE got his YPC from getting spot duty. If he was an every down back his YPC would be way lower.

Mcfadden is a way more dynamic overall player, Charles is not in mcfaddens league. Injuries should not matter to rating, heck Charles did noit play last year.

Darren Mcfadden is easily a top 5 back, he was the best in football last year before getting injured, from a pure physical skill set he may be the best in football. What a joke. Mcfadden is fast, elusive, a great receiver and can still run over people, he knocks over defenders.
You should familiarize yourself with the end of the 2009 season.

Week 14 - 20 car. - 143 yards
Week 15 - 25 car. - 154 yards
Week 16 - 24 car. - 102 yards
Week 17 - 25 car. - 259 yards

I wouldn't exactly call 20+ carries per game spot duty.

In 2010, he ran for 1467 yards. Hard to call nearly 1500 yards spot duty. By the looks of it, his spot duty is more effective than McFadden's full time duty. Weird.

# 152 shavane @ 08/13/12 10:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
You should familiarize yourself with the end of the 2009 season.

Week 14 - 20 car. - 143 yards
Week 15 - 25 car. - 154 yards
Week 16 - 24 car. - 102 yards
Week 17 - 25 car. - 259 yards

I wouldn't exactly call 20+ carries per game spot duty.

In 2010, he ran for 1467 yards. Hard to call nearly 1500 yards spot duty. By the looks of it, his spot duty is more effective than McFadden's full time duty. Weird.
lmao yeah that is weird when you think about it...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.