Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

The Madden NFL 13 demo will not arrive tomorrow, it's looking more likely to release on Tuesday, August 14th. When we get a specific date and details for the demo, we'll be sure to post it.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 DeuceDouglas @ 08/06/12 10:44 AM
Pretty much figured it'd be next week with the ratings reveal stuff still going on. They're going to stretch things out as much as they can up to release.

# 2 Dj_MyTime @ 08/06/12 11:01 AM
Face>palm followed by smh.

# 3 toine2983 @ 08/06/12 11:07 AM
Not that surprising.

If the demo was coming tomorrow, I'm pretty sure EA would've announced it/hyped it up at the tail end of last week.

# 4 ch46647 @ 08/06/12 11:08 AM
The lack of a demo so far is growing increasingly worrisome. Once again, I do not think the Madden team is very confident in their product this year. You would think with all the buzz and excitement they created for the Infinity Engine, they would be chomping at the bit to show gameplay videos and get the demo out.

They have done neither....

EDIT: If you follow NHL you can see how confident they are in their product. They release 5 minute long RAW gameplay videos showing specific changes to their gameplay. With Madden we get 30 second clips of a zoomed in view that is in more of a "sizzle trailer" format then showing real gameplay.

# 5 SteelerSpartan @ 08/06/12 11:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
The lack of a demo so far is growing increasingly worrisome. Once again, I do not think the Madden team is very confident in their product this year. You would think with all the buzz and excitement they created for the Infinity Engine, they would be chomping at the bit to show gameplay videos and get the demo out.

EDIT: If you follow NHL you can see how confident they are in their product. They release 5 minute long RAW gameplay videos showing specific changes to their gameplay. With Madden we get 30 second clips of a zoomed in view that is in more of a "sizzle trailer" format then showing real gameplay.
I still don't get why we never got a video showing all the new 430 Catching animations

# 6 Dj_MyTime @ 08/06/12 11:30 AM
Loving how anticipation has turned to worry for so many seemingly. I will say the way they've gone about things this year does not fit the mold of the past three years, but it also hasn't given any indication that something is WRONG imo.

Kinda works out if next Tuesday holds true, our M13 league is doing our team draft that same night.

# 7 jbd345 @ 08/06/12 11:36 AM
If I remember correctly we had two 10 minute gameplay videos out this time last year. We haven't seen anything since E3.

# 8 DeuceDouglas @ 08/06/12 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
Have they decided to delay the release of the game or something?
Why is this a shock?

Madden 12 Demo - August 9th Release - August 30th (3 weeks)
Madden 11 Demo - July 27th Release - August 10th (2 weeks)
Madden 10 Demo - July 23rd Release - August 14th (3 weeks)
Madden 09 Demo - August 1st Release - August 12th (less than 2 weeks)
Madden 08 Demo - August 24th Release - August 14th (2 weeks post release)

# 9 DeuceDouglas @ 08/06/12 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
But it's coming out august 28th so shouldn't the demo be out tomorrow based on the last two years?
Well, last year it came out three weeks before release, and the year before it came out two weeks prior to release. So if the demo comes out next week it will fall right in line with the last two years.

# 10 poster @ 08/06/12 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
I still don't get why we never got a video showing all the new 430 Catching animations
Is there really 430 new catch animations, or is that over-hype?

Sorry for being off-topic, blow away if needed, mods.

# 11 seasprite @ 08/06/12 11:59 AM
My bubble has been popped

# 12 DeuceDouglas @ 08/06/12 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan1825
Man I miss when the game came out earlier.
Me too. Seeing that August 10th for Madden 11 and then realizing that's only four days away from today makes the late release even worse.

# 13 Majingir @ 08/06/12 12:29 PM
If this is the case, then looks like NHL might be the same with the demo being out 2 weeks before the game.

# 14 Gjordan @ 08/06/12 12:34 PM
Traditionally the demo has been announced about 2 weeks in advance of release. Not saying that means anything, just saying.

I would venture to say, no announcement by the end of this week, may mean "no demo coming before release". A lot of things are different this year.

# 15 RGiles36 @ 08/06/12 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan1825
Man I miss when the game came out earlier.
The anticipation sucks! However, it also sucked having the game in-hand and having to wait weeks for the week 1 roster update to officially begin franchises.

So there's give and take. I want the game now, but I like that when it hits retail, the week 1 roster update won't be far behind & thus franchises can begin sooner.

# 16 SageInfinite @ 08/06/12 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
The anticipation sucks! However, it also sucked having the game in-hand and having to wait weeks for the week 1 roster update to officially begin franchises.

So there's give and take. I want the game now, but I like that when it hits retail, the week 1 roster update won't be far behind & thus franchises can begin sooner.
Agreed. 10 char

# 17 DickDalewood @ 08/06/12 01:03 PM
We had tons of info revealed prior to E3 via the presentation podcasts, Madden was one of EA's main games shown at E3, and from E3 we got TONS of pure gameplay videos.

So regardless off how much gameplay we've seen, and info we've received, because it hasn't been on last year's time schedule, suddenly this game is going the way of NBA Elite? Some of you can't possibly be serious with this...

Honestly, outside of seeing MORE gameplay footage, what more do you need to know? We know about the physics, the updated animations, CC mode, graphical/lighting updates, we've gotten weekly screenshots of players and legends... and despite all this, we've gotten a lack of info? Again, outside of just seeing a few more gameplay videos, we've already been told almost all the info there is to know about this years title. And let's be honest, if they continued to release podcasts/webcasts of things we already know, then everyone would be bitching that this is all "old news".

I'll agree that if we don't get a demo next week that I'd be bummed, but it is what it is. Until that point though, people need to chill. The conspiracy theories are just ridiculous, lol.

# 18 Ky3217 @ 08/06/12 01:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerSpartan
My guess is that they probably think people will look to NCAA 13 to see those

# 19 DirtyJerz32 @ 08/06/12 01:20 PM
I'm fine with that. I'm still playing NCAA anyway and without the infinity engine they should play the same... Right?

# 20 MostlyChilly @ 08/06/12 01:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647

And...with NBA Live 13, well we've gotten a couple of screenshots.

« Previous1234567Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.