Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 TeamBuilder @ 08/06/12 03:01 PM
So glad the in-game commentary is new. I shut off the sound last year because I was tired of hearing:

"Number twenty-two with the carry. Number fifty-five with the tackle."

# 2 huskerwr38 @ 08/06/12 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
So glad the in-game commentary is new. I shut off the sound last year because I was tired of hearing:

I think you will still hear that.

# 3 jpdavis82 @ 08/06/12 03:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I think you will still hear that.
No you won't they talked about it in the audio podcast they said you will hear players names or their position but not "number so and so".

# 4 ch46647 @ 08/06/12 03:08 PM
He didnt mention any upgrades to the crowd noise...

# 5 Reed1417 @ 08/06/12 03:10 PM
getting more and more excited for Madden i am.

# 6 Ky3217 @ 08/06/12 03:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder

Agreed. It really made me wonder how much time EA probably didnt put into updating commentary between Madden 11 and Madden 12

# 7 Gaycandybacon @ 08/06/12 03:15 PM
I love the New QB cadiences! Can't wait!

# 8 SageInfinite @ 08/06/12 03:16 PM
The intro showing the commentators talking, the animation is so smooth. I wish the game animated like that. Can't wait to hear how the hits and grunts sound this year.

# 9 robbins @ 08/06/12 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
He didnt mention any upgrades to the crowd noise...
I noticed that also. Unfortunately, that's one of the worst parts of the game by far. I better be able to hear and feel the difference between a damn preseason touchdown and a game winning playoff touchdown.

# 10 roadman @ 08/06/12 04:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbins
I noticed that also. Unfortunately, that's one of the worst parts of the game by far. I better be able to hear and feel the difference between a damn preseason touchdown and a game winning playoff touchdown.
Actually, there are crowd swells in the game.

# 11 RandyBass @ 08/06/12 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
"Custom stadium music was introduced in 2004's NFL 2K5 and it was done on an inferior console. 8 years later and you say you guys are looking to add that into a future version of Madden? Lol. 2k sports will be back by then and Madden will be obsolete. "

A comment in the video.
So, you're bringing over comments from the "thread" at Youtube; fanboy comments no less.

As the guys on Countdown say, c'mon man!

# 12 blklightning @ 08/06/12 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EaglesFan1825
I loved 2K5 but I'm getting so tired of it being compared to every single football game made. People should know by now Madden isn't going to reach that level.
Hahaha. Sick burn, dude.

# 13 davep @ 08/06/12 09:25 PM
Phil Simms looks like he's sucking on a sour ball candy.

# 14 roadman @ 08/06/12 09:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta

Commentary will still be chopped up as usual. If their was a really big change in audio/commentary, he would have said so something along the lines of, our commentary has been completely redone.
Chopped? How so?

They brought over the sound technology from FIFA and that isn't chopped.

The demo and game can't get here any sooner.

# 15 darknmild @ 08/06/12 10:17 PM
I wanna see and a play it for myself to show that your game is improved drop the Demo what is the hold-up. I mean youre the only NFL videogame in the market so what are you hiding afraid that if you drop the demo too early the fans will be able to tell the game is not that much improved?

# 16 roadman @ 08/06/12 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darknmild
I wanna see and a play it for myself to show that your game is improved drop the Demo what is the hold-up. I mean youre the only NFL videogame in the market so what are you hiding afraid that if you drop the demo too early the fans will be able to tell the game is not that much improved?
Let's not forget MS and Sony must certify the demo before dropping it. The certification process takes two weeks, but let's just go back and blame EA for that.

And what does your post have anything to do with audio, anyway?

# 17 Da-Man @ 08/06/12 10:53 PM
I'm hoping that if i reach year 3 in franchise i'll be able to hear the commentators say my rookies names instead of number this and that of madden 12.

# 18 splff3000 @ 08/06/12 11:04 PM
Wow, I'm guessing this guy didn't really wanna do this or something lol. He really looks like he doesn't wanna be bothered with it lol. Anyway on topic, I'm gonna take a wild guess that by day 3, I will have heard all the commentary in the game lol. This is what I'm expecting. Now what I'm HOPING is that the commentary will be dynamic during the seasons in CC. I'm also hoping that I win this Mega millions jackpot. I don't know which one I have a better chance with lol.

# 19 inkcil @ 08/06/12 11:13 PM
A very pitiful video aimed only at people who either have very low expectations or were going to buy the game regardless.

When you think about the NFL and the Sounds of the NFL, the only NFL videogame on the market should at least be able to go on for about 10 minutes about all of the game's sound features.

Once again, we are given a bunch of cliche's based off broken promises and features from yesteryear:

Custom soundtracks: They say - "sometime in the future." I say: "Yeah right. Somebody else did it on the last console almost 10 years ago. Catch up"

New Commentary: They say - "gonna be great this year. new commentary team." I say: "that's what u said about the radio guy, chris hammond and gus johnson"

NFL Films Audio: They say - "through our partnership with NFL Films, blah blah blah...this allows us to create authentic NFL audio blah blah blah." I say: "Yeah right, you been saying that at LEAST since madden 09. By the way, the best thing you EVER did with NFL Films was to include NFL Films soundtrack music and you took that OUT of the game!!!"

Madden theme: They say - "we got Madden theme music now." I say, "Huh, you're touting THAT as an audio FEATURE????!!!???! Madden has long since had it's own theme music. Are you guys talking to first-time console users or something?"

Crowds...don't even get me started.

Bugs...not to mention the "Audio POP" bug last year. Man.....

I can go on but I'll stop.

# 20 kingsofthevalley @ 08/07/12 12:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Chopped? How so?

They brought over the sound technology from FIFA and that isn't chopped.

The demo and game can't get here any sooner.
I'm going to have to hear it first man. Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't this FIFA commentary tech supposedly brought over for NCAA this year also? I say this because NCAAs commentary is still super shoddy lol.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.