Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

EA Sports’ Madden NFL 13 Ratings Reveal enters its second week as the fans decided amongst all QB’s that RGIII will be the fastest, Matthew Stafford will have the strongest arm, Aaron Rodgers will have the most accurate deep ball and Peyton Manning is the most aware.

Voting has begun to determine the most elusive running back in Madden NFL 13. For the rest of the week, we'll see polls for the acceleration and elusiveness rating.

This campaign allows fans to vote on attributes like speed, elusiveness, hit power and more. The winner of each vote will be the highest-rated player for that attribute at their position in Madden NFL 13.

Upcoming weeks will focus on running backs, wide receivers and defenders, with the winners in each category announced every Friday. Here is the voting schedule breakdown:
  • Aug 6 – 10: Running Backs – Speed, Acceleration, Trucking, Elusiveness
  • Aug 13 – 17: Wide Receivers & Tight Ends – Speed, Spectacular Catch, Route Running, Agility
  • Aug 20 – 24: Defense – Speed, Hit Power, Tackling, Man Coverage
  • Aug 24: Offensive Line, Special Teams and Overall Team Ratings
Not only will each winner receive a boost in their attributes in Madden NFL 13, but they’ll also be immortalized with a special card in Madden Ultimate Team. Fans who collect the cards of every winning player will be able to add them to a collection which will unlock a special Madden Ultimate Team reward in Madden NFL 13.

So the question is... Who should be the most elusive RB in Madden NFL 13?
  • LeSean McCoy
  • Adrian Peterson
  • Jamaal Charles
In case you missed it.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 DeuceDouglas @ 08/08/12 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
I admit he is not the strongest but that is not his part of his game. Elusivness is agility such as speed, balance and agility, not strength.
Isn't it still a factor though? If you're not breaking many tackles once contact is made, isn't that a factor in elusiveness?

# 42 bmj2k7 @ 08/08/12 03:25 PM
My top 5: Sproles, Peterson, Charles, McCoy, Johnson. Honorable Mentions: Foster, MJD

# 43 Chrisksaint @ 08/08/12 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceDouglas
Isn't it still a factor though? If you're not breaking many tackles once contact is made, isn't that a factor in elusiveness?
In my eyes elusiveness is about avoiding contact in general, once contact is made that's where the other ratings come into effect such as break tackle/stiff arm/trucking

# 44 DeuceDouglas @ 08/08/12 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
In my eyes elusiveness is about avoiding contact in general, once contact is made that's where the other ratings come into effect such as break tackle/stiff arm/trucking
I feel the same way for the most part. But at the same time a guy like Dexter McCluster is out of the same mold as Sproles, although not nearly as effective, but I don't really consider him that elusive. He's great in space but he's fairly easy to bring down. It's tough because I know they're really elusive but at the same time it's hard to overlook how easy they can be to bring down.

# 45 flyboyspitta @ 08/08/12 03:42 PM
elusive: cleverly or skillfully evasive. Sounds like Adrian Peterson to me. Adrian Peterson is the best overall back in the league and part of the reason is because of how elusive he is. Yea they get their hands on him... But there have been plenty of times where it looks like AP is stuck in the backfield but go for a 60 yd td because he Eludes the defenders.

# 46 flyboyspitta @ 08/08/12 03:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUZ2Rs4vbHw

# 47 flyboyspitta @ 08/08/12 03:51 PM
Quote:
if you get touched but get away you eluded the defender by definition.. so your personal opinion of elusiveness is incorrect... adrian peterson has whole teams just going for him and he still is eludes them

# 48 Chrisksaint @ 08/08/12 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyspitta
if you get touched but get away you eluded the defender by definition.. so your personal opinion of elusiveness is incorrect... adrian peterson has whole teams just going for him and he still is eludes them
My personal opinion is incorrect? Damn wasn't aware that was possible.

No one has the correct definition for these ratings cause were not even sure Madden creators themselves know.

# 49 flyboyspitta @ 08/08/12 04:18 PM
Quote:
My personal opinion is incorrect? Damn wasn't aware that was possible.

No one has the correct definition for these ratings cause were not even sure Madden creators themselves know.
yes your opinion is incorrect.... when there is a clear definition of something you can't say in my opinion the definition is this

# 50 Chrisksaint @ 08/08/12 04:22 PM
Quote:
yes your opinion is incorrect.... when there is a clear definition of something you can't say in my opinion the definition is this
Were talking about Madden there is no clear definition really, and even so my idea isn't wrong when one of the definitions of elusive is hard to catch which implies someone doesn't touch you. So if you want to troll at least make it entertaining

# 51 saintsyadig @ 08/08/12 04:48 PM
Man! I'm just glad we have everybody talking about Sproles. Maby he is not a better rb than McCoy, but if he was the main back like McCoy is, then Sproles wouldn't be far behind. And finally ALL was saying is Sproles should have been nominated.

# 52 flyboyspitta @ 08/08/12 05:15 PM
Quote:
Were talking about Madden there is no clear definition really, and even so my idea isn't wrong when one of the definitions of elusive is hard to catch which implies someone doesn't touch you. So if you want to troll at least make it entertaining
how does hard to catch imply doesn't touch you... just curious hard to catch means simply that "hard to catch" if someone is in a police chase and they grab him but then he gets away he was elusive enough to get away but they touched him right? Thats just an example dont take it literal

# 53 Chrisksaint @ 08/08/12 05:28 PM
Quote:
how does hard to catch imply doesn't touch you... just curious hard to catch means simply that "hard to catch" if someone is in a police chase and they grab him but then he gets away he was elusive enough to get away but they touched him right? Thats just an example dont take it literal
To me elusiveness is when you're running with the ball you're doing jukes moves, cutbacks, stopping on a dime,etc. so that defender does not have the opportunity to touch you as that increases your risk of being tackled. Usually like I said earlier once contact is initiated that's usually where other attributes come into effect.

# 54 moneal2001 @ 08/08/12 05:33 PM
Quote:
To me elusiveness is when you're running with the ball you're doing jukes moves, cutbacks, stopping on a dime,etc. so that defender does not have the opportunity to touch you as that increases your risk of being tackled. Usually like I said earlier once contact is initiated that's usually where other attributes come into effect.
the elusive rating in madden is how well a player uses elusive animations to break a tackle. both it and trucking replace the basic break tackle rating while playing the game. while the break tackle rating is used for simulations.

elu is more like being able to weasel your way out of a tackle compared to running a guy over with the trucking rating. the things you describe are controlled by either the juke, spin, or agility ratings.

# 55 Chrisksaint @ 08/08/12 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneal2001
the elusive rating in madden is how well a player uses elusive animations to break a tackle. both it and trucking replace the basic break tackle rating while playing the game. while the break tackle rating is used for simulations.

elu is more like being able to weasel your way out of a tackle compared to running a guy over with the trucking rating. the things you describe are controlled by either the juke, spin, or agility ratings.
Which goes back to what I also said earlier there is no definition in Madden as to what is clearly does, I wouldn't be surprised if it's similar to the way the overall Throwing Accuracy has an effect combined with the TAS,TAM, and TAD.

Or to the fact there is too many ratings for a RB, they need to just make it two ratings one being the elusiveness type(juke,spin,etc) and power running(trucking,etc)

# 56 jeremym480 @ 08/08/12 05:46 PM
McCoy is the most elusive and this is coming from an Eagles h ater

# 57 il blood il @ 08/08/12 05:56 PM
u guys dont think bradshaw shouldnt be up there as well? hes all about juking and making ppl miss....

# 58 tikibarber @ 08/08/12 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by il blood il
u guys dont think bradshaw shouldnt be up there as well? hes all about juking and making ppl miss....
This is what I was thinking, Bradshaw makes some of the sickest cuts I have seen and he does it in in very heavy traffic. Although he has lost his explosion and speed due to foot injuries, he is very elusive.

# 59 StreetCarp @ 08/08/12 07:06 PM
Sproles and even Woodhead are more elusive than all 3 of those guys except maybe Charles.

# 60 A_New_Classic @ 08/08/12 07:14 PM
I hate the Eagles, but McCoy deserves top elusiveness right now.

His cuts and jukes are disgusting.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.