Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 mdoud10 @ 08/10/12 08:17 AM
watched it without any sound (i am at work...) ... so far so good right?

# 2 vtcha @ 08/10/12 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoud10
They mainly addressed the dribbling controls & shot-stick & on-ball defense issue movement (better flow). Damn Michael Beasley looks baked as in that clip lol.

# 3 Vni @ 08/10/12 08:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdoud10
Yeah, sounds pretty good.

# 4 mdoud10 @ 08/10/12 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcha
They mainly addressed the dribbling controls & shot-stick & on-ball defense issue movement (better flow). Damn Michael Beasley looks baked as in that clip lol.
Doesn't he always?

# 5 barimanlhs @ 08/10/12 08:29 AM
Im liking the changes thus far, obviously I want to see them first hand and figure out their intricacies, but it appears to be headed in the right direction. The fact that they have talked about this physics system makes me feel much better about how it will play.

So far im incredibly happy and excited to see what else has been changed or improved upon. So far so good!

# 6 barimanlhs @ 08/10/12 08:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
So no shot stick anymore?
It sounds like it is still there, but its obviously been altered in some way... I mentioned in another thread, maybe it is the same but the dribble moves require a trigger to perform them? Thus you can do everything with that right stick

# 7 VDusen04 @ 08/10/12 08:31 AM
So far, so good. We'll have to see how smooth the adjusted system feels, but they're saying the right things and I'm encouraged by the very brief footage.

"Why is this guy catching up when physics tells us he's already beaten?"

That's pretty much 2K12 in a nutshell and I'm glad this was recognized by those in the know.

# 8 Drewski @ 08/10/12 08:34 AM
Really love what I heard and saw. Looks promising, excited as can be

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 9 Leftos @ 08/10/12 08:35 AM
Really like what I'm seeing so far, but I'm wondering as well, is this the end of the shot stick? Or will you be able to use, say a trigger or a button in conjunction with the Right Stick to get shot variety?

# 10 barimanlhs @ 08/10/12 08:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
Really like what I'm seeing so far, but I'm wondering as well, is this the end of the shot stick? Or will you be able to use, say a trigger or a button in conjunction with the Right Stick to get shot variety?
According the the gameimformer article, the shot stick works with the Left trigger. Id assume it is the same as before, only now it has a trigger with it

# 11 Goffs @ 08/10/12 08:37 AM
ok I'm officially HYPED!

Nice to see Jerson in there talking about DEFENSE!

Anybody else notice that the jersey on Beasley looked tighter

# 12 gabri3l3 @ 08/10/12 08:38 AM
I'm curious on how they're going to replace the shot stick!

# 13 STLRams @ 08/10/12 08:44 AM
I'm happy that defense shading is finally in the game, that is a basic stepping stone when playing on-ball defense in real life, especially if the guy can' dribble with his left or right hand, or is not good at finishing at the rim from a certain side.

# 14 mdoud10 @ 08/10/12 08:46 AM
the shot stick is still there... you have to use the left trigger to initiate a shot i guess. read it in this article:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2012/08/10/nba-2k13-changes-up-the-control-scheme-preview/

# 15 Pappy Knuckles @ 08/10/12 08:47 AM
Wow, this video has definitely amped up my interest in 2K13. I really like the ability to change your stance on defense to shade the ball handler. I had some issues with on-ball defense last year, so I'm curious to see how much better it feels this time around. Keep these videos coming.

# 16 BlueNGold @ 08/10/12 08:48 AM
Looks good as always. The shading controls are a real nice addition.

I like the idea of right stick dribbling just because it's much more accurate and easier to control than the old Isomotion control scheme, but I'm just curious how the shooting is going to work now.

Maybe Mike is bringing back Live 10's shooting controls? I prefer the shot stick but I thought that was a really good control scheme as well.

# 17 Goffs @ 08/10/12 08:48 AM
Another thing to take note guys is that the player models got a huge upgrade! The huge shoulders from the past 2k games are gone and it looks like it's more player specific....the calves looked skinnier to to give the player that much needed taller/lanky look...

# 18 VDusen04 @ 08/10/12 08:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy Knuckles
Wow, this video has definitely amped up my interest in 2K13. I really like the ability to change your stance on defense to shade the ball handler. I had some issues with on-ball defense last year, so I'm curious to see how much better it feels this time around. Keep these videos coming.
Yup, I'll just be happy if the physics portion on the defensive end is cleaned up. Interesting to see a few of these new features, as on the surface they seem to be re-introductions of what they offered previously. For instance, shading the ballhandler was present in. . . I want to say. . . 2K8 (with the red meter below the defender). And right-stick dribbling is a return to the original Iso-Motion.

Of course, my presumption is each of these re-introductions provides an entirely new level of refinement and awesomeness.

# 19 speedy9386 @ 08/10/12 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
So far, so good. We'll have to see how smooth the adjusted system feels, but they're saying the right things and I'm encouraged by the very brief footage.

"Why is this guy catching up when physics tells us he's already beaten?"

That's pretty much 2K12 in a nutshell and I'm glad this was recognized by those in the know.
That's what I'm saying I'm glad the developers aren't as blind as some of the people that thought the 2k12 defense was realistic.

# 20 BigBlue @ 08/10/12 09:02 AM
OMG! That other basketball game has NO CHANCE for a comeback.

I only have two items on my wishlist for NBA2k13:
1. That we can play the game, unranked online, with custom settings.
2. That we can play unranked, online with classic teams.

Please 2K, I beg you. Been asking for this for the last two years now.

BigBlue

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.