Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

This video is also available on the OS Youtube channel, please subscribe while you're there.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 Guard-ian @ 08/11/12 10:32 AM
What I really hope is that only elite ballhandlers can perform all kind of dribblings without risking too much loosing the ball or at least pick up the dribble. Also only top physical specimens as Rose or Westbrook should be able to blow by, explode and dominate the defense easily (unless you have in front an elite defender as Tony Allen)...

So far so good. ;-)

# 142 GhettoBoi71685 @ 08/11/12 10:55 AM
Looking pretty good I just have 2 concerns 1. Sliding- in the developer insight i still seen Danny Granger sliding hopefully that is an area they clean up before launch
2nd. Streetball 2k13- im hoping and praying to god almighty that moving the dribble controls to the right stick doesn't bite 2k in the *** by people online turning NBA 2K13 into AND 1 MIXTAPE 2K13

other than that it looks pretty solid

# 143 plyrically @ 08/11/12 10:58 AM
lol. 4th year in a row am I complaining about it, and still it's not fixed.

LaMarcus Aldridge still has high socks. He never ever in his life wore high socks. Great, I'm sure his J is still off, too. And So is Matthews'.

Wonder who's in charge of those things (must have someone in charge for that, right?) - he's prolly getting paid bad or something - cause he shows zero commitment.

So glad I sold both my consoles, I'd rather play in the playground.

# 144 playguitar90 @ 08/11/12 11:02 AM
Do the default controls apply when in the post? If I'm in the post with a player and I pull away from the basket on the right stick, will I shoot a fade or dribble?

It will take some getting used to for me, but the new control scheme does sound pretty cool.

# 145 silverskier @ 08/11/12 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhettoBoi71685
1. Sliding- in the developer insight i still seen Danny Granger sliding
This! Granger is sliding. And we have only seen interaction between two players in 1v1, but not in 2v1 for example, so maybe there is sliding - and morphing - in there, we'll see!
Another problem that I've seen is with some reactions of the defensive players in some 1v1 interactions, the reactions look pretty good, but for example when Rose is dribbling Rondo, Rondo's reaction continues to be like a zombie, like in the previous nba2k. I guess that perfection can't be achieved =P.

# 146 8KB24 @ 08/11/12 11:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plyrically

LaMarcus Aldridge still has high socks. He never ever in his life wore high socks. Great, I'm sure his J is still off, too. And So is Matthews'.

Wonder who's in charge of those things (must have someone in charge for that, right?) - he's prolly getting paid bad or something - cause he shows zero commitment.

Buy the game for PC. It's getting exponentially better every day in comparision to consoles.

# 147 GhettoBoi71685 @ 08/11/12 11:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoGotti
1.)
That wasn't granger, it was Augustin
2.)
that clip was like 2 seconds...you can't base it off of a 2 second clip. They said they fixed the D that it was much tighter and more responsive. Believe in what they say.
he is not talking about the one on one interaction between augustin and conley he is talking about in the background of that clip you can clearly see danny granger sliding watch real close

# 148 iLLosophy @ 08/11/12 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DboyRavage
I would guess that behind the back would be a half circle on the analog. And a spin would be a full circle.
He said half circle is half-spin now

# 149 Eman5805 @ 08/11/12 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoGotti
1.)
That wasn't granger, it was Augustin
It was both. And Granger was sliding.

Towards the end. Granger literally slides into position.

# 150 silverskier @ 08/11/12 11:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman5805
It was both. And Granger was sliding.

Towards the end. Granger literally slides into position.
Quote:
he is not talking about the one on one interaction between augustin and conley he is talking about in the background of that clip you can clearly see danny granger sliding watch real close
That's exactly what I meant, thx

# 151 Guard-ian @ 08/11/12 12:15 PM
Quote:
Looking pretty good I just have 2 concerns 1. Sliding- in the developer insight i still seen Danny Granger sliding hopefully that is an area they clean up before launch
2nd. Streetball 2k13- im hoping and praying to god almighty that moving the dribble controls to the right stick doesn't bite 2k in the *** by people online turning NBA 2K13 into AND 1 MIXTAPE
very good points.

Cheers!

# 152 iLLosophy @ 08/11/12 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverskier
That's exactly what I meant, thx
He does ice skate there for a half second, but it's not as exaggerated as what we've seen in 2k12. And it's not like he teleported, they probably just need to tweak the animation.

# 153 Goffs @ 08/11/12 12:42 PM
I wonder if the physics engine effect the off ball players....I would love to see a 5 on 5 gameplay just watch the other players run into each other and see how they react.

Hopefully the gamescom version shows off the physics engine..

# 154 GhettoBoi71685 @ 08/11/12 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guard-ian
very good points.

Cheers!
appreciate it my dude

# 155 Gatorfan Frank @ 08/11/12 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by plyrically

Don't worry dude. I'm sure they'll have accurate accessories on the next gen!

# 156 johnnyg713 @ 08/11/12 01:23 PM
The stuff they are doing with this game is incredible. Are you guys series with some of these comments? Tell me a video game that has realistic animations. Actually name a game that has player movement animations that even rival NBA 2k. Not only is 2k the most realistic sports game I've ever played, its the most realistic video game Ive ever played, period.

# 157 Goffs @ 08/11/12 01:24 PM
The accrssoies are available its just that 2k insider doesn't really utilize any if it.

# 158 Vni @ 08/11/12 01:40 PM
Quote:
2nd. Streetball 2k13- im hoping and praying to god almighty that moving the dribble controls to the right stick doesn't bite 2k in the *** by people online turning NBA 2K13 into AND 1 MIXTAPE 2K13

other than that it looks pretty solid
Good eye, had to watch it quite a few times before noticing Granger sliding nasty in the back.

# 159 GhettoBoi71685 @ 08/11/12 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
Good eye, had to watch it quite a few times before noticing Granger sliding nasty in the back.
hopefully in the coming weeks leading up to launch they clean all the sliding up HUGE pet peev of mine

# 160 moneal2001 @ 08/11/12 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rule of Two
Why not have the right stick engaged as the "shot stick" by default and hold left trigger to perform the iso moves? We're already used to holding it for iso moves so it makes more sense. Why switch it?

Hopefully you can change this idiotic oversight in the menu.
someone already mentioned that it was an option.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.