Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

EA Sports has just released the complete Madden NFL 13 ratings for every running back in the game.

For the complete Madden NFL 13 running back ratings, click here.

The ratings category winners in Speed, Trucking, Elusiveness, and Acceleration will be reflected in the week one Madden NFL 13 roster update.

What are your thoughts on the running back ratings?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 bmj2k7 @ 08/10/12 12:17 PM
Panthers Jonathan Stewart 84 90 91 78 93 65
Panthers DeAngelo Williams 84 93 93 65 49 86

So why exactly is Williams under Stewart??? Williams is a 1500+ yard runner, Stewart is 1000 yard runner. Williams was like a 89 end of last season and i believe a 95 beginning of the season.

# 22 Dbrentonbuck @ 08/10/12 12:17 PM
Every time one of these lists get announced it makes me wonder even more why they would not make the ability to edit rosters for CC a priority instead of not having time to get it in. You are never going to get a group of people to agree on the ratings of over 2000 players. It just seems like that would have been a really smart PR move for Madden. You would cut out literally thousands of negative comments generated on social media, message boards, etc.

# 23 HolyCrap @ 08/10/12 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRMosier_LM
Trent Richardson=Monster!

that is all
Too bad he's hurt...not beastly enuf

# 24 seasprite @ 08/10/12 12:30 PM
It is blocked for me here at work, anyone mind giving me the ratings for the Chief running backs? Thanks

# 25 cuttingteeth @ 08/10/12 12:33 PM
Wow...little Danny Woodhead got some love. He'll be fun to see in action.

# 26 bmj2k7 @ 08/10/12 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seasprite
It is blocked for me here at work, anyone mind giving me the ratings for the Chief running backs? Thanks
TEAM First Name Last Name Overall Speed Acceleration Strength Trucking Elusiveness

Chiefs Jamaal Charles 91 97 97 59 62 96
Chiefs Peyton Hillis 83 85 86 83 93 58
Chiefs Dexter McCluster 74 92 95 47 40 90
Chiefs Cyrus Gray 66 92 93 64 53 79
Chiefs Nate Eachus 64 84 81 75 70 80
Chiefs Shaun Draughn 64 79 84 68 63 77

# 27 seasprite @ 08/10/12 12:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmj2k7
TEAM First Name Last Name Overall Speed Acceleration Strength Trucking Elusiveness

Chiefs Jamaal Charles 91 97 97 59 62 96
Chiefs Peyton Hillis 83 85 86 83 93 58
Chiefs Dexter McCluster 74 92 95 47 40 90
Chiefs Cyrus Gray 66 92 93 64 53 79
Chiefs Nate Eachus 64 84 81 75 70 80
Chiefs Shaun Draughn 64 79 84 68 63 77
Really appreciate it, thanks.....I would "thank" your post, but I cant at work either lol

# 28 azdawgpound @ 08/10/12 12:39 PM
whats trent richardsons main stats? not home so cant see stats.

# 29 spfhelmiii @ 08/10/12 12:53 PM
Wow, Pass Block ratings are ALL messed up. I didn't catch this until I saw that little LaMichael James has a better PB rating than Frank Gore, who is arguably the best pass-blocking RB in the league (certainly Top 5). Then looked at the rest of them for RBs - yikes.

Not sure where they are coming from on these - must just be arbitrarily setting these to get the OVR for these players where they want.

# 30 N51_rob @ 08/10/12 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by spfhelmiii
Wow, Pass Block ratings are ALL messed up. I didn't catch this until I saw that little LaMichael James has a better PB rating than Frank Gore, who is arguably the best pass-blocking RB in the league (certainly Top 5). Then looked at the rest of them for RBs - yikes.

Not sure where they are coming from on these - must just be arbitrarily setting these to get the OVR for these players where they want.
Completely agree, somehow rookie Alfred Morris is a better pass blocker than Tim Hightower, when it was Hightower's ability to block in 3rd downs that kept Helu on the bench early in the year last year.

# 31 eF 5ive @ 08/10/12 01:06 PM
No love for Bradshaw's stiff arm? :\

# 32 DubTrey1 @ 08/10/12 01:09 PM
I am please with Foster's ratings and seeing Texans get some love - Tate as well... I do have to scratch my head as well though on the truck rating for Foster - and my only thought is perhaps in terms of gameplay - perhaps it allows Foster to fall forward after tackle than actually trucking a defender... Foster falls forward for yards alot after runs, so I can only imagine the truck rating combined with the new engine lends itself to this and not how it was prior in Madden 12? I am only guessing... otherwise - it is too high, even for my boy Foster. He is more elusive than a truck type back.

# 33 TeamBuilder @ 08/10/12 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmj2k7
Panthers Jonathan Stewart 84 90 91 78 93 65
Panthers DeAngelo Williams 84 93 93 65 49 86

So why exactly is Williams under Stewart??? Williams is a 1500+ yard runner, Stewart is 1000 yard runner. Williams was like a 89 end of last season and i believe a 95 beginning of the season.
Catch rating is my guess. Stewart has a 70 catch rating, Williams has a 52 catch rating.

# 34 TeamBuilder @ 08/10/12 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DubTrey1
I am please with Foster's ratings and seeing Texans get some love - Tate as well... I do have to scratch my head as well though on the truck rating for Foster - and my only thought is perhaps in terms of gameplay - perhaps it allows Foster to fall forward after tackle than actually trucking a defender... Foster falls forward for yards alot after runs, so I can only imagine the truck rating combined with the new engine lends itself to this and not how it was prior in Madden 12? I am only guessing... otherwise - it is too high, even for my boy Foster. He is more elusive than a truck type back.
Agreed. I was shocked to see that his truck rating is higher than Peyton Hillis'.

# 35 Dbrentonbuck @ 08/10/12 01:41 PM
I think that Jacquizz Rodgers got screwed in these ratings. He led all rookies with 19 broken tackles on just 78 carries. That's a 24.4 percent rate of broken tackles per touch. By comparison Frank Gore 4%, Peyton Hillis 2.2%, Michael Bush 4.4%. Quiz has a 54 for strength and a 42 for trucking. That is way too low. He is short, but he isn't "small". He regularly runs through much bigger guys. He should be rated a little lower than MJD in those two categories as he is the same mold of player. Not saying he should be rated high, just higher in those two categories because the way he is rated right now means he will play like a scat back, Daren Sproles type and that isn't what he does. He plays much more like MJD (running through the middle, breaking tackles, etc.). I am not wanting him to be highly rated, I just want him to play like he does in real life. I shouldn't have to avoid contact with a DB with Quizz, because in real life he would try to truck a guy like that, not run around him. Just an observation. Not all short guys are scat backs and not all big guys are great at breaking tackles.

# 36 N51_rob @ 08/10/12 01:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbrentonbuck
I think that Jacquizz Rodgers got screwed in these ratings. He led all rookies with 19 broken tackles on just 78 carries. That's a 24.4 percent rate of broken tackles per touch. By comparison Frank Gore 4%, Peyton Hillis 2.2%, Michael Bush 4.4%. Quiz has a 54 for strength and a 42 for trucking. That is way too low. He is short, but he isn't "small". He regularly runs through much bigger guys. He should be rated a little lower than MJD in those two categories as he is the same mold of player. Not saying he should be rated high, just higher in those two categories because the way he is rated right now means he will play like a scat back, Daren Sproles type and that isn't what he does. He plays much more like MJD (running through the middle, breaking tackles, etc.). I am not wanting him to be highly rated, I just want him to play like he does in real life. I shouldn't have to avoid contact with a DB with Quizz, because in real life he would try to truck a guy like that, not run around him. Just an observation. Not all short guys are scat backs and not all big guys are great at breaking tackles.
Question for you. Did he break tackles because he was strong and ran over people of did he break tackles because he is small and elusive? What are his elusive and agility ratings?

# 37 Dbrentonbuck @ 08/10/12 01:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Question for you. Did he break tackles because he was strong and ran over people of did he break tackles because he is small and elusive? What are his elusive and agility ratings?
Both... the problem is that he runs up the middle a lot... he doesn't avoid contact... they even use him in some goal line situations. He IS elusive just like MJD is, but he will also plow into you and ring your bell just like MJD will do. He is 1 inch shorter and 10 lbs lighter than MJD. Same mold, same kind of player, though no where near as good yet. The issue is that you can't really run up the middle when your strength is 54 and your truck is 42 lol.

# 38 Dbrentonbuck @ 08/10/12 01:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Xoy2ZDIZO0 this will show you what I mean. He doesn't just juke guys... sometimes he lowers his head and wants to see who is the last one standing

# 39 shavane @ 08/10/12 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdoug312
Why is Ray Rice's stamina so low (compared to the top 4)?
this is one of the many flaws with the current rating system...if you ever messed around with the ratings you understand that when you give a player high marks in one category you have to drop them in other categories to prevent them from being too high. The flaw is that it seems EA drops random categories which make it unrealistic to that player. Rice has a very high amount of stamina. Its like the speed issue if you make someone a 90+ burner than you have to drop other categories because the speed jumps their ratings way up.

# 40 Dbrentonbuck @ 08/10/12 02:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shavane
this is one of the many flaws with the current rating system...if you ever messed around with the ratings you understand that when you give a player high marks in one category you have to drop them in other categories to prevent them from being too high. The flaw is that it seems EA drops random categories which make it unrealistic to that player. Rice has a very high amount of stamina. Its like the speed issue if you make someone a 90+ burner than you have to drop other categories because the speed jumps their ratings way up.
Which is why we should get rid of overall all together and make so that the relevant stats for each position are easily view-able.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.