Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

The official Playstation Blogcast (roughly at the 18:18 point) announced the Madden NFL 13 demo arrives on Tuesday, August 14th for PS3 and Vita, which means 360 owners should see the demo that morning.

No details have been announced, but at least we know the release date.

Thanks to iloveparkmin for the earlier link.

UPDATE: Madden NFL 13 demo details

The Madden NFL 13 demo includes the New York Giants vs. San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks vs. Washington Redskins.

UPDATE #2: You can choose difficulty settings. 5 min quarters and it's an entire game. It will also have full commentary. No sliders this year. You can change play style between game flow and conventional.

Quote:
The Madden NFL 13 demo offers two Play Now matchups. One features the Super Bowl XLVI champion New York Giants visiting the San Francisco 49ers in a rematch of last season’s NFC Championship game. The other involves the Seattle Seahawks traveling to the Washington Redskins, who are of course led by rookie QB Robert Griffin III. And before you step onto the field for either of these matchups, you’ll get to check out the redesigned pregame presentation. That includes a broadcast TV-inspired segment that features some top players in the upcoming game you’re about to play, and is followed by Jim Nantz and Phil Simms in the booth talking about the story of the game.

On the field, you have access to everything that’s new in Madden NFL 13. This includes Total Control Passing to accurately place the ball anywhere on the field as the QB; the Ball Hawk mechanic to aggressively play the ball in the air as a defender; play action abort to cancel out of a play action when sensing pressure as a QB; use of Kinect (Xbox 360 only) to control pre-play audibles and adjustments with your voice; and of course the Infinity Engine that brings physics you can feel on every play.

We also encourage you to use the Madden NFL 13 demo to create yourself with a Game Face for use in the full version of the game on August 28th. This year marks the first time you will be able to put yourself in the game as a player or coach using your Game Face before leading a virtual version of yourself to gridiron glory. Visit http://www.easports.com/gameface for details.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Steve_OS @ 08/10/12 05:19 PM
Updated OP.

No sliders this year. You can change difficulty and play style between game flow and conventional.

https://twitter.com/JDewiel/status/234033337478549504

# 42 ChicagoChris @ 08/10/12 05:23 PM
Nice. That demo set up shows alot of confidence in the product. I like it!

# 43 mrmass413 @ 08/10/12 05:27 PM
Ball hawk..... does this mean pass interference this yr?

# 44 EASPORTS_AJ @ 08/10/12 05:27 PM
Hey guys, this is AJ. I'm a Community Manager at EA SPORTS (you may have heard me on the Madden or NCAA Podcasts.) I was gonna hop on and explain what the Ball Hawk mechanic is, since I see some questions.

Basically, it's kind of like the Defensive Assist button (A/X), but for making a play on a ball in the air.

When the ball is in the air, you click onto the defender - hold Y/Triangle - and it will take you to the highest point (aggressive point) and attempt to make a pick.

This does NOT replace the old use of timing your picks by tapping Y, just as defensive assist didn't replace making tackles for yourself. You can still control your player and move him to a spot exactly as you could before. This just helps the people who struggle to get their defensive players in the right spot before attempting a pick. You can still swat the ball with LB/L1.

Hope this helps clarify things a bit.

# 45 azdawgpound @ 08/10/12 05:28 PM
wow 4 teams to choose from dont know why they picked seahawks though it shoulda been colts redskins makes more sense since both luck and rg3 went 1 and 2 in draft. now we know why it took so long its basically full 5 minute quarter games now if they can do 4 teams why not all 32? i mean they dont have to do everything but think its sorta unfair they made it up to 4 teams and why is it all nfc teams? should of been nfc and afc championships if they was gonna make 4 teams.

# 46 jmik58 @ 08/10/12 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
Hey guys, this is AJ. I'm a Community Manager at EA SPORTS (you may have heard me on the Madden or NCAA Podcasts.) I was gonna hop on and explain what the Ball Hawk mechanic is, since I see some questions.

Basically, it's kind of like the Defensive Assist button (A/X), but for making a play on a ball in the air.

When the ball is in the air, you click onto the defender - hold Y/Triangle - and it will take you to the highest point (aggressive point) and attempt to make a pick.

This does NOT replace the old use of timing your picks by tapping Y, just as defensive assist didn't replace making tackles for yourself. You can still control your player and move him to a spot exactly as you could before. This just helps the people who struggle to get their defensive players in the right spot before attempting a pick. You can still swat the ball with LB/L1.

Hope this helps clarify things a bit.
So it takes through all the way through the process... from positioning, to movement, and through the jump?

Or does it just get you in position to where you have to release the button and then tap it again to initiate an attempt to pick it off?

I can't believe we haven't heard of this. I struggle with defenders in pass coverage ... kind of a big deal to me. I'm anxious to see how it performs.

# 47 D Apocalypse @ 08/10/12 05:44 PM
I think the reason the Seahawks were chosen as a demo team is because they were the team that had the most significant uniform change in the league which btw, I actually like! Skins fan here btw.

# 48 D Apocalypse @ 08/10/12 05:45 PM
Oh and way to go EA for giving us a full demo! Shows confidence in the product indeed!

# 49 Brandwin @ 08/10/12 05:49 PM
Can we still hold down A for defensive assist? it seems to be gone from NCAA this year.

# 50 The_Balm @ 08/10/12 05:51 PM
Full commentary!!! I can't wait to be able to feel the new passing and physics.

# 51 Pezell04x @ 08/10/12 06:14 PM
This will decide if I purchase the game or not

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 52 DeuceDouglas @ 08/10/12 06:29 PM
So much for EA being afraid and 'ashamed' of their product. This demo is going to get played non stop until release day.

# 53 IrOnKoBe @ 08/10/12 06:39 PM
i get to try out the 49ers thats my online league team this year

# 54 Darth Aegis @ 08/10/12 07:07 PM
So no sliders at all in the actual game or just the demo? Man I hope not this could be a huge negative if there's no sliders in the finished product.

# 55 roadman @ 08/10/12 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutler23
So no sliders at all in the actual game or just the demo? Man I hope not this could be a huge negative if its in the finished product.
Pretty sure Steve meant demo.

# 56 Gaycandybacon @ 08/10/12 07:11 PM
That's pretty cool that we get to choose between 2 different games. Can't wait to try out Flynn and RGIII

# 57 Darth Aegis @ 08/10/12 07:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Pretty sure Steve meant demo.
Ya just making sure almost had a panic attack lol ya I went back and read it more carefully demo updates, just forgot about the sliders in past demos.

# 58 kehlis @ 08/10/12 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Appreciate the clarification and OS needs to paint your name pink to make you official, lol.
You sure you want him pink?

# 59 Brandwin @ 08/10/12 08:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghettogeeksta
Maybe this is why the demo is coming out late, they need the extra time to get all the new content in and tune it. It was worth the wait.
Why do you say demo is coming out late? Doesn't it usually drop about two weeks before release day?

# 60 TheBleedingRed21 @ 08/10/12 08:41 PM
Jeez. Hate the teams.

How about Colts and Redskins so I can play with my colts? (; Makes good for two rookie QBs.

Post A Comment
This thread has been closed for new comments.