Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

#1 - Calvin Johnson 99 - OVR
#2 - Rob Gronkowski 97 - OVR
#3 - Larry Fitzgerald 97 - OVR
#4 - Andre Johnson 97 - OVR
#5 - Vernon Davis 95 - OVR
#6 - Jimmy Graham 95 - OVR
#7 - Steve Smith 95 - OVR
#8 - Wes Welker 95 - OVR
#9 - Roddy White 94 - OVR
#10- Hakeem Nicks 94 - OVR

Agree or disagree?

Other Madden NFL 13 top 10 ratings:

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 Chrisksaint @ 08/13/12 01:52 PM
Eh it's debatable to say Nicks better then Colston when you at it over a career, last season yes but not by the wide margin you say. Dwayne Bowe is right there as well

# 62 cheapargentina @ 08/13/12 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
Yeah, as a Pats fan, you can't compare a Trucking Tight End to a Breakaway Wide Receiver.

That's why I said it's hard to compare Welker to Gronk and say Gronk's better even though he is a future hall of famer.
What is a trucking TE?

# 63 KmK @ 08/13/12 02:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutx15
My thoughts exactly. Is it just me or do the player models looks atrocious in this video. The Fitz part looks extremely horrible. His running motion just looks completely wrong, and when he gets tackled you can clearly see one of those infinity engine glitches that are going to pop up constantly it seems. He completely changes directions when the defender flips him. The defender flipped him like he weighs 8 ounces...
Yup same arcade like gameplay. Maybe im just blind but I see no difference in the engine at all. For something with so much hype surrounding it, it just looks bad.

# 64 DubTrey1 @ 08/13/12 02:06 PM
Well, I will tell you one thing - EA has again done their job. Posted ratings, debate ensues, hottest topic remains Madden until release.

# 65 videlsports @ 08/13/12 02:11 PM
Victor Cruz should be at least a 92 I hope. But the list is good to me as far as elite receivers, Greg Jennings should be in their IMO though, but this is just the beginning. I remember you had to stick with these ratings for the whole year, And I would edit the ratings,but now with dynamic ratings uit can be updated.

# 66 shavane @ 08/13/12 02:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I do not like the Welker rating. Way to high for "the best slot receiver in the game". He to me is a system WR. Never was this productive or highly rated til he got to NE and hooked up with Brady. His rating is one where I miss the HC rating system. But that's just me. Calvin Johnson is probably the only rating I've seen thus far that I have no issue with.
see this is the gray area that the ratings struggle to get right. You have a receiver like Welker who really can't hold a candle to most of the top flight receivers but how do make him a effective playmaker on the game. You jack his rating waaay up. You can't have him do what he does in the slot with 80 speed, 5'8, 80 jump..his ratings would come out horrible.

Is Cruz better than Nicks h@ll no! Anyone who truly understands football knows that. If you had to rate all their attributes side by side Nicks would be superior in every category except speed and salsa dancing.

Now if you ask is Cruz every bit as effective or as much of a playmaker as Nicks than yes he is. That is why ratings should almost be broken down into type of player. I know it would take a lot but quick example

Technicians - Rice, R Wayne, T. Holt, H. Nicks, R. White

Athletic - C. Johnson, R. Moss, J. Jones, A Johnson

Quick - W. Welker, D Jackson, V. Cruz

Each class can have attributes from the other class but their base running, catching, and route running would be based on their class everything else would fall below it. There can be more classes like possession etc but the ratings should be based of how well you do in specific areas not just numbers.

# 67 dj123456705 @ 08/13/12 02:31 PM
Where's Greg Jennings & Brandon Marshall & AJ Green & Reggie Wayne. They are all better then Nicks & White. Both of them should be like a 91

# 68 bmj2k7 @ 08/13/12 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RateSports
A.J. Green, Dwayne Bowe, Julio Jones, Marques Colston & Vincent Jackson are all easily better than Hakeem Nicks.

Debateable ones are Desean Jackson, Mike Wallace, Pierre Garcon.
In that one comment you lost ALL credibility. AJ was a rookie, he has to do it atleast 2 more years, Bowe maybe bc his size id still take Knicks and im a PATS FAN, Jones another rookie, with Ryan at QB he will never get close in the next 2 years to Knicks and definately not White, Colston is a JOKE right? he basically a young Burress with Brees, Jackson is the only one you get any credit for but hes on a terrible team with a average QB, Jackson is a NO, refuses to get near anyone, Wallace is fast but in the same boat as Jackson but is a little more bulky, Garcon, must be a redskins fanboy or your just have no football IQ

# 69 THE YAMA @ 08/13/12 02:44 PM
Overall, extremely inflated!

# 70 SaintBrees @ 08/13/12 02:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tikibarber
You have lost your everlasting mind, Nicks is better than all those guys by a good margin. Did you see this guy in the playoffs, didn't he set a playoff record for most receiving yards. You people are selling Nicks short.The guy is a pure beast.
I wouldnt say nicks is better than all those guys by a "good margin". Marques Colston has had 5 1,000 seasons in his first 6 seasons. Not to mention he has had seasons where he has missed 3 or more games and he is stil able to reach 1,000 yards.

# 71 MattGarza13 @ 08/13/12 02:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmj2k7
In that one comment you lost ALL credibility. AJ was a rookie, he has to do it atleast 2 more years, Bowe maybe bc his size id still take Knicks and im a PATS FAN, Jones another rookie, with Ryan at QB he will never get close in the next 2 years to Knicks and definately not White, Colston is a JOKE right? he basically a young Burress with Brees, Jackson is the only one you get any credit for but hes on a terrible team with a average QB, Jackson is a NO, refuses to get near anyone, Wallace is fast but in the same boat as Jackson but is a little more bulky, Garcon, must be a redskins fanboy or your just have no football IQ
Why are you talking about basketball on the Madden forum.. I know the knicks are pretty good but cmon. Learn how to spell the players name before you tell someone they don't know what their talking about.. Irony at its best.

# 72 bmj2k7 @ 08/13/12 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj123456705
Where's Greg Jennings & Brandon Marshall & AJ Green & Reggie Wayne. They are all better then Nicks & White. Both of them should be like a 91
This must be a JOKE right? Jennings had one of the worst years ive ever seen as a WR, he wasn't there no 1 guy last season, and damn if his stats didn't make Jennings loiok HORRIBLE, Nelson was the no 1 guy last season and already is this season, if anything you should be asking wheres Nelson NOW Jennings Wanye will probably be a 87, Marshall maybe a 93, AJ probably a 86, I would only take Marshall over Nicks.

# 73 bmj2k7 @ 08/13/12 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattGarza13
Why are you talking about basketball on the Madden forum.. I know the knicks are pretty good but cmon. Learn how to spell the players name before you tell someone they don't know what their talking about.. Irony at its best.
Its called spell check for what I have saved not a big deal, unless your and idiot!!!!

# 74 bmj2k7 @ 08/13/12 03:01 PM
I know EA refuses to add real NFL hits to Madden to show its not violent, and take the feel of football away but why did they have to add the friendly Gronkowski spike when a few years ago one of there main features was TD celebrations?

# 75 Gaycandybacon @ 08/13/12 03:01 PM
This is weird... It seems like there's more TE's than WR's on this list. If the lists were separate I bet it'll look a lot better.

# 76 btemp @ 08/13/12 03:05 PM
Again, ratings are way too inflated.

# 77 thehitokiri @ 08/13/12 03:16 PM
All the guys hating on Vernon ... You can clearly see that you guys don't watch the niners play. The 49ers run the ball more than they throw it. The reason why he had big games in the playoffs is because the niners opened up the playbook because teams wanted to stop the running game. He is a complete TE. San Fran puts him to block first compare to gronk and jimmy who play for passing teams. The saints and pata are known for throwing the ball more than 30 times a game. The niners are know for rushing the ball more than 30 times a game.

# 78 pjb2329 @ 08/13/12 03:18 PM
Fellas, fellas, fellas are you all forgetting about everybody's number 1 Double D Aka Donald Driver. Shoot oh yeah that's Dancing with the Stars MY BAD.....lol

# 79 Gaycandybacon @ 08/13/12 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjb2329
Fellas, fellas, fellas are you all forgetting about everybody's number 1 Double D Aka Donald Driver. Shoot oh yeah that's Dancing with the Stars MY BAD.....lol

HOF right there buddy!

# 80 Gaycandybacon @ 08/13/12 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenSaints
What Overall do you think D. Driver will be! Double D.

80? But he really should be 99 in elusiveness. Acutally, 99 OVR all togetther. Donny better of watched that Dancing with the stars tape or someones gonna get their butt kicked.....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.