Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

As everyone is already aware, the Madden NFL 13 demo arrives tomorrow for 360, PS3 and Vita.

Playstation.Blog has some more details about the Madden NFL 13 Vita demo, which includes a Super Bowl XLVI rematch between the New York Giants vs. New England Patriots.

Quote:
Our favorite part of development on this title was incorporating PS Vita’s unique features. I’ll just say this: you don’t know how much you need the touch screen until you get it in your hands — you can use your finger to freely draw receivers’ routes! We titled this feature Call Your Shots. It’s quick, it’s fun, and it will make you forget about the old way of individually assigning player hot routes (which we still have for you traditionalists). It also works wonders on defense, too. Quickly send a Linebacker on a blitz or drop your Safeties back off into a deep zone. We love using Call Your Shots in head-to-head games around the office — things get ultra-competitive when people here think they’re an armchair Mike Tomlin. With the touch screen, we also let you call plays, select players, and easily put a player in motion with a swipe of the finger.

When we looked at the rear touch pad, we wanted to use it as a way to provide enhanced control while emphasizing efficiency. The rear touch pad lets you modify each defensive group and offensive line pre-play. You can also double-tap it to do jukes with the ballcarrier or spins with a quick drag of the finger. PS Vita just has so many dynamic features; it was fun getting a chance to experiment with everything. We ended up using the motion sensor function for kicking, and the camera for snapping your photo for inclusion in Superstar mode. As a Designer, it’s really fun getting to play around with new hardware — especially with the tool set this system has — and finding ways to make Madden better.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 BEARYChi @ 08/13/12 03:57 PM
Bart Scott voice:"CANT WAIT"

# 2 addybojangles @ 08/13/12 04:53 PM
High hopes for Madden on Vita. Was very impressed with FIFA last year...

# 3 fsufan4423 @ 08/13/12 06:00 PM
Bring on the demo! My Vita needs some action

# 4 kevmasood @ 08/13/12 06:10 PM
I wanna c i bought the vita for madden

# 5 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/13/12 06:11 PM
Honestly for a handheld madden looks pretty sharp... The grass look done well too.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

# 6 Aggies7 @ 08/13/12 08:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Footballforever
Honestly for a handheld madden looks pretty sharp... The grass look done well too.

You going off a video I missed or just the screenshots.

# 7 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/13/12 08:17 PM
Just the few new screens I saw today..

# 8 w00dy Hayezz @ 08/14/12 11:27 AM
I keep checking the Playstation store to see if it's up yet. I have my fingers crossed that it will be good. I bought my Vita for NCAA 13, NHL 13, and Madden 13. Since only 1 of the 3 is even being released i REALLY hope it's good!

# 9 mikelecrenski @ 08/14/12 11:48 AM
Hey Woody,

Same here, I bought my Vita for sports games, but mostly for baseball. Did you try the Show? I was also hoping for a Tiger Woods, loved that on the PSP.

# 10 w00dy Hayezz @ 08/14/12 12:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelecrenski
Hey Woody,

Same here, I bought my Vita for sports games, but mostly for baseball. Did you try the Show? I was also hoping for a Tiger Woods, loved that on the PSP.
The Show is awesome, that's what gives me hope that Madden can be done well. I'm sure Assasin's Creed and Call of Duty will be cool on the Vita but the idea of hand held sports games is what made me buy the Vita. I'm really bummed not to get NCAA or NHL this year but if Madden is comparable in quality to The Show on the Vita i will be happy.

# 11 franch1se @ 08/14/12 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by w00dy Hayezz
The Show is awesome, that's what gives me hope that Madden can be done well. I'm sure Assasin's Creed and Call of Duty will be cool on the Vita but the idea of hand held sports games is what made me buy the Vita. I'm really bummed not to get NCAA or NHL this year but if Madden is comparable in quality to The Show on the Vita i will be happy.
if only Madden had cross platform saving. That's what helped make the show so awesome on vita.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.