Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

Madden NFL 13 demo is available now for the 360, queue it up right here.

If it's not showing up on your console, try this route.

1: Go to Game Marketplace
2: Demo
3: Genre
4: Kinect

The Madden NFL 13 demo will be available for PS3 later this afternoon. We'll update the post when it pops up online.

The Madden NFL 13 demo includes the New York Giants vs. San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks vs. Washington Redskins.

You can choose difficulty settings. 5 min quarters and it's an entire game. It will also have full commentary. No sliders this year. You can change play style between game flow and conventional.

Check here for PS Vita demo details.

Play a game or two and post your impressions here.

*UPDATE: Madden NFL 13 demo is online for PS3 now!

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 Tengo Juego @ 08/14/12 07:34 AM
Won my first game on All-Pro w/ Slow speed threshold @ 0. 21-3 Skins.

RTP seems to be driven by a lot of the animation already present in Madden. It's a welcomed implementation, but I was really disappointed to not get a real fresh feel of hitting a ball carrier. Once contact is made it kicks in, but like I said, it's not really driving a lot of the animation like I was wanting and hoping it to.

Passing game feels a lot like NCAA 13, but I didn't pass too much. I think I was 8/10 for a TD. Defense still feels a little outmatched in coverage.

O-line vs D-line is still in serious need of reconstruction. But we all already knew that going in. Physics does give defense a little more of an edge, especially in getting the ball carrier or QB down. QB's getting their blockers shoved into them aren't just throwing the ball into or out of the contact.

Run animations are still not natural looking enough. Player movement and play in the trenches need to be the headline additions for 14.

# 42 Steve_OS @ 08/14/12 07:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime nR
Wow that left trigger thing is really neat.
Here it is.

# 43 capn_razzamataz @ 08/14/12 07:42 AM
Overall fairly impressed. I'd say my only real gripe as of now is that the infinity engine isn't visible enough (for lack of a better term) in one-on-one tackles. It doesn't deliver as many "WOW!" moments as Backbreaker's physics engine does, but then it doesn't give you as many "DOH!" moments as Backbreaker's physics engine does, either.

EDIT: Oh, and the whole zig-zag/swerve running thing is definitely a bummer, but we already saw that before the demo dropped.

# 44 capn_razzamataz @ 08/14/12 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by twimstaxs
It is a game. NOTHING WILL EVER BE what people want it to be. Take it for what it is.. A GAME. If someone tells me Call of Duty is real because its like really killing someone with all the emotions and feelings and that ITS REAL LIFE than that person needs help. In REAL football you think on the fly. Not in any world will a game be able to think on the fly. Sorry not going to happen sir.
Why does it matter what he thinks? His disdain (even though that's not what it is) isn't preventing you from enjoying the game. Just as your enjoyment isn't preventing his disdain.

# 45 Tyler_Bullard @ 08/14/12 07:46 AM
I've noticed DE's will disengage from blocks this year.

Just had a play where Eli threw deep to Nicks and I was controlling the safety and I missed the receiver going for the big hit and took out my corner instead it was one of the coolest moments I've ever seen in Madden.

# 46 CFTejada @ 08/14/12 07:49 AM
How's the defense?

Do Purple Zone's get out to the sideline more?

# 47 Goins @ 08/14/12 07:50 AM
This is the best madden demo ever released. Sorry NCAA i got the INFINITY ENGINE NOW!

# 48 The 24th Letter @ 08/14/12 07:51 AM
Your AI D seems ALOT more competent, I love that....time to test this theory on All Star

# 49 R9NALD9 @ 08/14/12 07:51 AM
Can RE and ROLB get decent pressure this year without controlling them yourselfs?

In other words will players like Ware, Aldon Smith etc. be factors this year

# 50 shavane @ 08/14/12 07:52 AM
I appreciate all the early impressions...I'm on PSN so I won't be able to donwload the game until afet work today.

Presentation, commentary, and crowd noise seems improved from everyones impressions. What I need to hear is the actual on the field gameplay!!!

Passing how well does the ball placement, improved trajectory, and defensive reaction feel. Did they really eliminate leaping LBers so I can drop between them and a safety. Do the QB passing stats feel accurate? Is there a fight for the ball between DBs and WRs.

Running self explanatory does the new physics make it feel more organic. Actually M12 had really nice running lanes, you could run play side and also cut back runs if you read the hole right were money. The biggest let down was people coming off blocks when they shouldn't is this improved.

Defense everyone appears to be struggling so far but I still want to hear how the defense is. How is the blitzing, coverage, Lbe play, and DL. How does tackling feel with the new physics.

Anyways keep up the impressions hopefully we can get a few vids posted to help pass my day at work...come on 4 o'clock EST lol

# 51 shavane @ 08/14/12 07:52 AM
Quote:
Anything positive today? Anything? Anything? Maybe one good impression?
lmao well said

# 52 Tyler_Bullard @ 08/14/12 07:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC
Anyone figured out how to hot route?
Push up on the directional pad.

# 53 The 24th Letter @ 08/14/12 07:54 AM
How's play action going for you guys?

Got sacked on my first try...

# 54 Find_the_Door @ 08/14/12 07:55 AM
Just noticed something great for sim gamers! If you manually move a linebacker up to the line of scrimmage and switch to another player he will retreat back to his original position. Nano's might have finally been dealt with!

# 55 seasprite @ 08/14/12 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
How's play action going for you guys?

Got sacked on my first try...
I have ran it twice as WSH and only on default pro with no issues at all. LBs bit on it and I ran it after running an ISO, Off Tackle, and a sweep play.

# 56 seasprite @ 08/14/12 07:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batum Shaka Laka
Just noticed something great for sim gamers! If you manually move a linebacker up to the line of scrimmage and switch to another player he will retreat back to his original position. Nano's might have finally been dealt with!
Positive news imo

# 57 seasprite @ 08/14/12 07:58 AM
Quote:
Nope it continues with negativity.....
Everyone is entitled to their opinion of the Demo whether it be negative or positive.....dont you think?

# 58 Whaaaazuuuuup @ 08/14/12 07:58 AM
Download has been sitting on 1% for an hour....wtf!!!

# 59 Find_the_Door @ 08/14/12 07:59 AM
Quote:
I do not NANO, but that is true that is absolutely horrible!

Don't get me wrong you can still move players elsewhere just not to the line of scrimmage. If you take them there then they will retreat after you try to select someone else.

# 60 The 24th Letter @ 08/14/12 08:01 AM
Ran a couple successful play actions....

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.