Home
NHL 13 News Post

The NHL 13 demo will be available for 360 and PS3 in North America on August 21st and on August 22nd for Europe.

The NHL 13 demo features four different modes. Play Now, NHL Moments Live, Hockey Ultimate Team and Free Skate.

In Play Now, you will control either the Los Angeles Kings or the New Jersey Devils in the 3rd period with a random score each time you play.

To learn more about the NHL 13 demo, click here and check out the latest blog.

Game: NHL 13Reader Score: 8/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 23 - View All
NHL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 AC @ 08/14/12 10:25 AM
Why a day later for us PS3 guys?

# 2 JezFranco @ 08/14/12 10:27 AM
May note they mentioned those dates and "North America and Europe"...

# 3 Qb @ 08/14/12 10:28 AM
Any news on demo features?

# 4 JezFranco @ 08/14/12 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qb
Any news on demo features?
Not on gamescom anyway... they just finsihed the NHL show (which was quite funny) with mentioning the dates.

# 5 tsp120 @ 08/14/12 10:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CupCrazyManiac
was that the

HUGE #NHL13 announcement ??? The DEMO DATE?
Yep.

Santa Claus had a press conference yesterday and also had a HUGE announcement. Apparently, Christmas is going to be in December this year.

# 6 JezFranco @ 08/14/12 10:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsp120
Santa Claus had a press conference yesterday and also had a HUGE announcement. Apparently, Christmas is going to be in December this year.
Yup... 25th in the North America and the 24th in Sweden.

# 7 mercalnd @ 08/14/12 11:21 AM
Quote:
I cant believe thats all...EA is really BIG IN MARKETING!
At least they announced something. They didn't just announce that they'd have a huge announcement in the next couple of weeks. It's a step up from a certain other company.

# 8 canucksss @ 08/14/12 11:24 AM
Quote:

I cant believe thats all...EA is really BIG IN MARKETING!
you should know that by now.... hahaha..... anyhow... cant wait for the demo. i thought the big announcement will be PS3 users can play against 360 ppl.

hope sliders are included in the sliders...and that will be NEWS for me

# 9 nolesfan69 @ 08/14/12 11:45 AM
So the demo is next week.

# 10 THE YAMA @ 08/14/12 11:46 AM
Pretty excited for this news.

# 11 Dispatch @ 08/14/12 11:56 AM
This is awesome! I thought we were about two weeks away. Getting it a week earlier is a pleasant surprise.

# 12 brandon27 @ 08/14/12 12:09 PM
Sweet! Sounds good to me!

# 13 Pezell04x @ 08/14/12 12:20 PM
Pretty excited about this.

Will probably be the 3rd period of the Kings/Devils, 5 minute period.

Might have some HUT in there like last year.

Hopefully sliders will be unlocked.

# 14 Vikes1 @ 08/14/12 12:50 PM
Really looking forward to the demo.

As quite a few have said, NHL '13' may be the biggest change to the game since the '07' skill stick. That's a pretty exciting claim. Next Tues should be fun.

# 15 Majingir @ 08/14/12 01:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pezell04x
Pretty excited about this.

Will probably be the 3rd period of the Kings/Devils, 5 minute period.

Might have some HUT in there like last year.

Hopefully sliders will be unlocked.
They should have longer demo than 5 min period. Why not 20 min 3rd period and that's it(and no option to change sliders).

HUT mode on demo is useless, all it accomplishes is giving user 1 free pack for the full game, so I'd rather a single 20 min period for the demo and you must win(maybe always start that period down by at least a goal) on a certain difficulty, to unlock the HUT pack for the full game.

# 16 Steve_OS @ 08/14/12 01:49 PM
Details.

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/article/demo-blog

The demo will feature access to four different modes – Play Now, NHL Moments Live, Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) and Free Skate – and the ability to earn up to three HUT Item Packs to use in the full version of NHL 13.

In Play Now, select either the Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings or the New Jersey Devils as you battle it out in the third period. The period will start with a randomized score each time you play. Test out the all-new ‘True Broadcast’ camera which delivers a startlingly realistic hockey broadcast presentation as the camera swivels and zooms to capture every moment.

# 17 SinisterAlex @ 08/14/12 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS
Details.

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/article/demo-blog

The demo will feature access to four different modes – Play Now, NHL Moments Live, Hockey Ultimate Team (HUT) and Free Skate – and the ability to earn up to three HUT Item Packs to use in the full version of NHL 13.

In Play Now, select either the Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings or the New Jersey Devils as you battle it out in the third period. The period will start with a randomized score each time you play. Test out the all-new ‘True Broadcast’ camera which delivers a startlingly realistic hockey broadcast presentation as the camera swivels and zooms to capture every moment.
Free skate?! Please tell me that is free roam arena from FIFA!

# 18 gopher_guy @ 08/14/12 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
Yep, skater v. goalie!

# 19 Dispatch @ 08/14/12 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterAlex
Thats the impression I get from that. Which makes it a welcomed addition to the demo. Should be fun practicing some shootout moves and what not.

# 20 SinisterAlex @ 08/14/12 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gopher_guy
Yep, skater v. goalie!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch
Thats the impression I get from that. Which makes it a welcomed addition to the demo. Should be fun practicing some shootout moves and what not.
FINALLY! I've been wanting this for years now. I love free roam in FIFA. Good way to kill time when waiting for friends to get on or to practice moves.

Cannot WAIT for this demo. I'm so pumped.

« Previous123Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.