Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

The '92 Dream Team & 2012 Olympic team will be featured in NBA 2K13. Charles Barkley is in, but Scottie Pippen couldn't get a deal worked out.

It's cool we get to battle it out between these 2 teams, but with Pippen off the roster, it puts a definite blemish on the announcement.

Check out the higher resolution NBA 2K13 screenshot, featuring the 92 Dream Team, right here.

NBA 2K13 to Feature 2012 USA Basketball Men’s National Team and Legendary 1992 "Dream Team"

2K Sports proudly announces partnership with USA Basketball for NBA 2K13

2K Sports today announced a partnership with USA Basketball to feature both the star-studded 2012 USA Basketball Men’s National Team and the 1992 “Dream Team” in NBA 2K13, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*.

“As executive producer, letting fans go head to head with these legendary USA teams was extremely important to JAY Z,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “We are excited to partner with USA Basketball, and share in JAY Z’s enthusiasm in making this a reality in NBA 2K13.”

The 2012 USA Basketball Men’s National Team has earned recognition as one of USA Basketball’s all-time greatest teams. NBA 2K13 cover athlete Kevin Durant helped lead the USA to its successful showing and joins the elite list of accomplished basketball players who have represented USA Basketball.

“It was an incredible blessing to have been part of the 2012 USA Basketball National Team,” said Durant. “USA Basketball's National Team legacy is incredible and so many of basketball’s all-time greats have been part of it, I’m just honored to be in that group. Like everybody, I can’t wait to see how our squad stacks up against the 1992 team in NBA 2K13.”

The original “Dream Team” is widely considered the most dominant sports team ever assembled, and featured 11 Hall of Fame players including Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Clyde Drexler, Karl Malone, Chris Mullin, David Robinson and Charles Barkley.

“The experience we shared in Barcelona is truly one of the highlights of my career,” said five-time NBA MVP and former NBA 2K cover athlete Michael Jordan. “Being able to represent not only my country but basketball as a whole is an honor that I will never forget.”

“The fantasy matchup between the legendary 1992 ‘Dream Team’ and the 2012 USA Men’s national team has become one of the greatest sports debates of our time,” stated JAY Z, the Executive Producer of NBA 2K13. “In NBA 2K13, we’re giving fans the opportunity to play as two of the best teams ever assembled in sporting history, literally putting the debate right into their hands.”

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, NBA 2K13 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available on October 2, 2012 in North America and October 5, 2012 internationally for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Wii™ system and Windows PC. The Wii U™ version of the title will be available during the holiday season. Fans are encouraged to pre-order now at participating retailers in order to receive the NBA All-Star content on day one at no extra cost.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 361 Arod2k9 @ 08/15/12 08:11 PM
Absolutely going crazy with the 1992 Dream Team on 2k13, I couldn't be happier. I will preorder tomorrow after work, I find it incredibly fun to think I'll play with Jordan, Drexler, Ewing, Robinson, even Laettner (oh those DUKE games) lol for my exhibitions offline games. Thanks 2K!

# 362 Rockie_Fresh88 @ 08/15/12 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby803
Who are we supposed to play the dream team against?
The Lakers

# 363 youvalss @ 08/15/12 08:54 PM
At least we got Laettner.

# 364 Nathan_OS @ 08/15/12 08:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrost32
Wow so we get an incomplete dream team lol Ha oh 2k, its just never easy for you guys. Also, if i get this game and see that its full of bugs and certain issues arent fixed and instead of fixing them you took time to make the dream team thats incomplete to play against who? i will be very upset. now if you said we have the dream team, 2012 team and a bunch of other international teams to play in like a tournament mode awesome, but seriously i care more about the gameplay then i do about this and crew which is a waste of a mode
I'm confused about your little rant

# 365 Kush77 @ 08/15/12 09:02 PM
No Pippen is tough for me as a Bulls fan. I like using the classic Bulls teams in custom Association mode.

What will be able to do with Dream Team? Play a Olympic mode of some sort? I personally wouldn't want to use them in a Association, if you even can. Beside some Dream Team specific mode and exhibition games, what else would there be to do with them?

I guess I'm not all that excited for Dream Team since we've been able to play with these guys the last two years, except Barkley.

Now they got Barkley, but he's only going to be on DT. No 93 Suns or 90 Sixers.

# 366 KyotoCarl @ 08/15/12 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Better Leattner then never I guess...

# 367 kevmasood @ 08/15/12 09:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by green225
yea my bad, just dissapointed. feel like after fooling us last year, letting us know whether it'll be in or not should've been one of the first announcements this time around. i mean i don't know if you saw the poll on 2k, but nobody cared about legends, it was clear the people wanted crew. with that said, i think dream team is cool, but uh... no pippen, so it's not the dream team.
speak for yourself uuuuu dont like the older players CLASSIC TEAMS a lot of ppl do i think your wrong on your so called poll about classic teams thats wat made 2k sell millions more copies and crew mode could care less about that cheating mode

# 368 almostbobsaget @ 08/15/12 09:12 PM
I'm sure this has already been said, but is anyone else somewhat terrified that these are the only two "bonus" teams that will be in the game? With 2K not licensing Pippen, I feel like they might be scaling back on getting player rights to put in the game, which means the end of the classic teams.

I'm hoping this is not the case, but I'm fearful that we've seen the last of the classic teams in 2K12.

# 369 KyotoCarl @ 08/15/12 09:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget
I'm sure this has already been said, but is anyone else somewhat terrified that these are the only two "bonus" teams that will be in the game? With 2K not licensing Pippen, I feel like they might be scaling back on getting player rights to put in the game, which means the end of the classic teams.

I'm hoping this is not the case, but I'm fearful that we've seen the last of the classic teams in 2K12.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kush77

Now they got Barkley, but he's only going to be on DT. No 93 Suns or 90 Sixers.
These are really premature statements since we've only tipped the iceberg on what we're going to see. The DT is a new addition so not strange that they're talking about them instead of talking about classic teams which are now 2 years old.

Last year they didn't start talking about classic teams until later in the developer diary sessions anyway so we don't need to jump to conclusions or speculate on stuff like this, imo. Jordan and co was a long-time agreement from what I've read so we can look forward to having classic teams for at least a couple more years.

# 370 Sinner @ 08/15/12 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by almostbobsaget

Still 6 weeks till release...they haven't announced everything about this mode yet..many other things to announce about the game. Maybe jumping the gun a bit?

# 371 alecast @ 08/15/12 09:31 PM
Here are my 2 cents:

First of all, I don`t play on line games. Second, I just don`t give a damn about crew.
Third, the legendary teams and the return of Michael Jordan are an essential part of 2k`s NBA game success and that is why 2k11 sold 5M+ copies.
Many guys just love the legendary teams and I, speaking for myself, will never, I mean, never, buy a NBA 2K game if legends are not in it.
I don`t care about NBA today.
Fouth, adding Barkley is great, I loved it. But leaving Pippen out of the mix is worse than having Barkley because Barkley wil be only a part of the Dream Team. Pippen is a part of many Chicago Bulls teams and I don`t see me playing with or against Chicago if Pippen is not in the team. It makes no sense.
So please, 2k, sign Pippen, give him the money, and keep classic squads.

# 372 almostbobsaget @ 08/15/12 09:36 PM
Just to clarify: these are only my thoughts. I'm not jumping the gun or anything, I hope I'm proven wrong. But my first thoughts were, "OMG I hope this isn't it!"

2K has pulled out surprises every year around this time, and I don't see this year as being any different. I hope it's no different.

# 373 aloncho11 @ 08/15/12 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youvalss
Well, he does indeed have the best cyberface of all the Dream Team members...

# 374 TRHINO @ 08/15/12 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Amazing announcement, BUT, no Pippen on classic Bulls teams then i'm not buying the game. I can live without him on the Dream Team.

As i've said before, no legends, then i'm sticking with 2k12.

I am with you on that man I totally agree, no legends and if you are not going tgo build on what you did last year with legends i am not buying it

# 375 Joobieo @ 08/15/12 09:37 PM
Pipped is really being greedy ? I never would of thought I'd do something like this . He's won rings , he's in the hall of fame , I mean your going to be a legend in the NBA forever . But you can't help out the most popular basketball game by not signing a deal that wasn't worth enough money . Come on now Scottie . It's free for you and you don't have to do anything expect sign on the dotted line .

# 376 aloncho11 @ 08/15/12 09:46 PM
It's funny how people quickly forget about Barkley and how people hated him for refusing to be in basketball videogames, for almost 20 years...

# 377 gator3guy @ 08/15/12 09:56 PM
So do they go with the NBA 3-point line or the FIBA 3-point line?

# 378 KyotoCarl @ 08/15/12 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
It's funny how people quickly forget about Barkley and how people hated him for refusing to be in basketball videogames, for almost 20 years...
This.
I'm a huge Pippen fan and it was sad to hear that he wasn't going to be in 2K13. But, we got Barkley who, as you said, hasn't been in a basketball game for 20 years, which is great news!

Pippen not being in the game has its reasons and it's not because they didn't try to get him and not because he wanted more money than anyone else. There's a reason behind everything and we, who buy and play the games, have no clue on how the politics behind everything works.

Can't we be happy Barkley's in the game and be happy for the other improvements 2K13 will bring?

# 379 alecast @ 08/15/12 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
This.
I'm a huge Pippen fan and it was sad to hear that he wasn't going to be in 2K13. But, we got Barkley who, as you said, hasn't been in a basketball game for 20 years, which is great news!

Pippen not being in the game has its reasons and it's not because they didn't try to get him and not because he wanted more money than anyone else. There's a reason behind everything and we, who buy and play the games, have no clue on how the politics behind everything works.

Can't we be happy Barkley's in the game and be happy for the other improvements 2K13 will bring?

I`m gonna be happy with Barkley`s presence in the game if he can be added to the Suns and to the Sixers.
Being able to play him only in the Dream Team is like getting a Ferrari as a birthday present and be able to drive it only in my backyard.

# 380 KyotoCarl @ 08/15/12 10:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alecast
I`m gonna be happy with Barkley`s presence in the game if he can be added to the Suns and to the Sixers.
Being able to play him only in the Dream Team is like getting a Ferrari as a birthday present and be able to drive it only in my backyard.
Defintely. I play alot of fantasy draft seasons with a friend so we would like him to be part of the draft. It will probably be possible to assign him to a team, otherwise some smart person on this forum will figure out a way to make it work.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.