Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

The '92 Dream Team & 2012 Olympic team will be featured in NBA 2K13. Charles Barkley is in, but Scottie Pippen couldn't get a deal worked out.

It's cool we get to battle it out between these 2 teams, but with Pippen off the roster, it puts a definite blemish on the announcement.

Check out the higher resolution NBA 2K13 screenshot, featuring the 92 Dream Team, right here.

NBA 2K13 to Feature 2012 USA Basketball Men’s National Team and Legendary 1992 "Dream Team"

2K Sports proudly announces partnership with USA Basketball for NBA 2K13

2K Sports today announced a partnership with USA Basketball to feature both the star-studded 2012 USA Basketball Men’s National Team and the 1992 “Dream Team” in NBA 2K13, the next installment of the top-selling and top-rated NBA video game simulation franchise*.

“As executive producer, letting fans go head to head with these legendary USA teams was extremely important to JAY Z,” said Jason Argent, vice president of marketing for 2K Sports. “We are excited to partner with USA Basketball, and share in JAY Z’s enthusiasm in making this a reality in NBA 2K13.”

The 2012 USA Basketball Men’s National Team has earned recognition as one of USA Basketball’s all-time greatest teams. NBA 2K13 cover athlete Kevin Durant helped lead the USA to its successful showing and joins the elite list of accomplished basketball players who have represented USA Basketball.

“It was an incredible blessing to have been part of the 2012 USA Basketball National Team,” said Durant. “USA Basketball's National Team legacy is incredible and so many of basketball’s all-time greats have been part of it, I’m just honored to be in that group. Like everybody, I can’t wait to see how our squad stacks up against the 1992 team in NBA 2K13.”

The original “Dream Team” is widely considered the most dominant sports team ever assembled, and featured 11 Hall of Fame players including Michael Jordan, Magic Johnson, Clyde Drexler, Karl Malone, Chris Mullin, David Robinson and Charles Barkley.

“The experience we shared in Barcelona is truly one of the highlights of my career,” said five-time NBA MVP and former NBA 2K cover athlete Michael Jordan. “Being able to represent not only my country but basketball as a whole is an honor that I will never forget.”

“The fantasy matchup between the legendary 1992 ‘Dream Team’ and the 2012 USA Men’s national team has become one of the greatest sports debates of our time,” stated JAY Z, the Executive Producer of NBA 2K13. “In NBA 2K13, we’re giving fans the opportunity to play as two of the best teams ever assembled in sporting history, literally putting the debate right into their hands.”

Developed by Visual Concepts, a 2K Sports studio, NBA 2K13 is not yet rated by the ESRB and will be available on October 2, 2012 in North America and October 5, 2012 internationally for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system, PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, Wii™ system and Windows PC. The Wii U™ version of the title will be available during the holiday season. Fans are encouraged to pre-order now at participating retailers in order to receive the NBA All-Star content on day one at no extra cost.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 SouthBeach @ 08/15/12 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Come on man, Pippen is not the main cog for the Dream Team... you are over exxaggerating now
Isn't that a bit hypocritical of you? To tell me I'm over-exaggerating about something I value as opposed to something you value? (re: Previous '92 Dream Team vs. Jay-Z announcement post)

Just because I feel a full '92 Dream Team would have been better, doesn't mean I'm not happy about the announcement.

I know Pippen wasn't the main "cog" as you put it. I'm just saying a full team is better than a team with one player missing regardless of his "legend status" when it comes to MJ, Barkley, Robinson, Bird, etc.

# 142 Gman 18 @ 08/15/12 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Yeah I'm curious about this as well....

Was hoping they added Wookie Walton's team for 2k13

Usually they would've announced it by now...so I'm guessing that there are no legendary teams this year...
Last year, they announced the classic teams on August 19. Today is August 15. So maybe they will announce them next week.

# 143 Daking0325 @ 08/15/12 12:24 PM
Well I can't say that I'm ecstatic, they already had these teams on 2k share

I was hoping it would be some revolutionary gamplay mechanic

# 144 Nitrous_18 @ 08/15/12 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan_OS
Ronnie Responding to a tweet

"@KIgbaroola One of our upcoming Dev Videos addresses passing and other gameplay mechanics."
This tweet has me more hyped than this announcement.

# 145 aholbert32 @ 08/15/12 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
People clamor for the Dream Team, they get it and now they all complain?

Great feature, won't use it much other then fooling around with a friend but cool.
See this should be the response for most people who arent thrilled by it. "Good to see the DT in the game, wish Pippen was in it but I probably wont use it anyway."

Not "No Pippen!!!!!!!!!! He was the star of the Dream Team!!!!!!!! The game is incomplete!!!!!!!!!!!! THE GAME WILL BE BUGGY AS HELL"

# 146 aholbert32 @ 08/15/12 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous_18
LOL...you are the minority.

# 147 Genocide3883 @ 08/15/12 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
See this should be the response for most people who arent thrilled by it. "Good to see the DT in the game, wish Pippen was in it but I probably wont use it anyway."

Not "No Pippen!!!!!!!!!! He was the star of the Dream Team!!!!!!!! The game is incomplete!!!!!!!!!!!! THE GAME WILL BE BUGGY AS HELL"
considering the same glitches have been in the game since I started playing (2k10). And ALOT of stuff needs to be improved/fixed (Online servers)

I could give two ****s less about some gimmick

# 148 Goffs @ 08/15/12 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman 18
Last year, they announced the classic teams on August 19. Today is August 15. So maybe they will announce them next week.
I really should keep up with the dates lol

Well I guess we just wait and see...I really enjoyed the Legendary mode and the mode got even better when the roster makers were able to add in the missing legends...

Now that this announcement has passed bring on the vids from gamescom and the official one from 2k!!

# 149 strobox88 @ 08/15/12 12:28 PM
It's kinda funny, actually, for a "huge" announcement to also encumber a "huge" disappointment by not having the complete Dream Team roster.

# 150 aholbert32 @ 08/15/12 12:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genocide3883
considering the same glitches have been in the game since I started playing (2k10). And ALOT of stuff needs to be improved/fixed (Online servers)

I could give two ****s less about some gimmick
Good for you. So you should have no comment about any of these announcements in the future. I'm sure you will not purchase 2k13 until you have confirmed they have fixed the online and other bugs that have been in a game for 3 yrs.

# 151 23 @ 08/15/12 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Isn't that a bit hypocritical of you? To tell me I'm over-exaggerating about something I value as opposed to something you value? (re: Previous '92 Dream Team vs. Jay-Z announcement post)

Just because I feel a full '92 Dream Team would have been better, doesn't mean I'm not happy about the announcement.

I know Pippen wasn't the main "cog" as you put it. I'm just saying a full team is better than a team with one player missing regardless of his "legend status" when it comes to MJ, Barkley, Robinson, Bird, etc.

No I just think your analogy was way over the freaking top and it was

# 152 TeamBuilder @ 08/15/12 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitrous_18
Agreed, because this news is actually talking about gameplay improvements instead of hyping the inclusion of the Dream Teams to get more casual fans to buy.

# 153 Gatorfan Frank @ 08/15/12 12:31 PM
One step forward and one step back...

# 154 VDusen04 @ 08/15/12 12:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JwP23
^^^^THIS. I was super excited until I found out Pippen wasn't in. In 2k12, we can kind of create the dream team with no Barkely. In 2k13, we have the dream team with no Pippen. Seriously, what's the difference? Authentic jerseys, players' ages and some minor yet inaccurate tweaks of the ratings? SMH..
I can't wait to try out their physics engine and new control systems but this isn't even an announcement to me since the team is incomplete AGAIN.
Those are actually huge differences for me. As I briefly mentioned earlier in this thread, I could not buy into using a Dream Team someone had created with horribly generic jerseys (XBox360). I'd say imagine if Miami Heat jerseys were not including in an NBA game, would it not be terribly troublesome if we had to create our own Miami Heat team with black generic jerseys and no text or realistic logo?

Basically, we could kind of create the Dream Team in 2K12 like we used to kind of be able to create Michael Jordan is every 2K prior to 2K11. The official inclusion of the Dream Team is a big step up for me.

# 155 DJ @ 08/15/12 12:32 PM
What's up with Scottie not being in this year? He was in 2K11 and 2K12, doesn't make sense that now he'd balk at being in a video game.

Nice that Barkley is finally in the game; hopefully we get those 93 Suns in the game finally.

# 156 aholbert32 @ 08/15/12 12:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Agreed, because this news is actually talking about gameplay improvements instead of hyping the inclusion of the Dream Teams to get more casual fans to buy.
Question: Didnt we already do this with the Jay-Z announcement? Isnt it understood that Ronnie 2k's announcements are NEVER geared to get hardcore fans excited? He is their ****ing Twitter/Social Media guy. He is totally focused on casual fans. The same people who were upset about Ronnie's hype during the Jay-Z announcement are here complaining about the hype for this announcement.

What did you expect? "@Ronnie2k The huge announcement is.....MANUAL BOUNCE PASSES!!!" Really?

# 157 Gatorfan Frank @ 08/15/12 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanbarkley
I don't know what do u guys think, but imo uniform textures and fit have been improved a lot.
How bout those generic shoes though?

# 158 aholbert32 @ 08/15/12 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ
What's up with Scottie not being in this year? He was in 2K11 and 2K12, doesn't make sense that now he'd balk at being in a video game.

Nice that Barkley is finally in the game; hopefully we get those 93 Suns in the game finally.
Money. He got paid to be in 2k11 and 12. Its possible he wanted more money or the 2k's budget was smaller because of Barkley's inclusion.

# 159 aholbert32 @ 08/15/12 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatorfan Frank
How bout those generic shoes though?
Retail version will have accurate shoes.

# 160 SouthBeach @ 08/15/12 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
No I just think your analogy was way over the freaking top and it was
Again:

What I value vs. what you value.

"Over the freaking top" if you think I value a Corvette as a supreme automobile.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.