Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 DaBlackGoku @ 08/15/12 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid
He will take an OVR hit on your team because his skills for the DE position is not what your team values. (Go read page 25 of the manual).

IRL, this happens but teams switch the pass rushing DE to OLB, like what Dwight Freeney and Robert Mathis are doing this season. Unfortunately, we wont be able to do that this year since we cannot edit players' positions.

One of the things I've been clamoring for a few years is a hybrid DE/OLB category for these players so they default into whatever position the scheme calls for. That way, if the Colts switch back to a 4-3, Freeney and Mathis would automatically switch back to DE. Also, the pass rushing DE you draft would switch to OLB if you run a 3-4.
There's a simple fix to this, if you decide to switch to a 3-4, just switch your pass rushing DE to OLB on the depth chart and put your run stuffing DEs or DTs at the other DE positions. Problem solved.

# 62 Nza @ 08/15/12 10:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlackGoku
There's a simple fix to this, if you decide to switch to a 3-4, just switch your pass rushing DE to OLB on the depth chart and put your run stuffing DEs or DTs at the other DE positions. Problem solved.
Or do what most teams have to do - find new players.

# 63 mestevo @ 08/15/12 10:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
The CC doc is pretty cool. Some pretty lousy grammar though:

Also, the Titans are not built around CJ and the run as it keeps eluding to. They drafted Wright for a reason - they are building a pass heavy offense. They passed 100+ more times last season under Munchak than 2010 and this all reads like Fisher is still running the team. This is with a first year noodle arm like Matt H and no offseason to properly scheme etc. They will definitely intend to be a pass heavy offense going forward (like any team should really).

Also, the Titans player types breakdown is shockingly off. Big maulers on the OL? hardly - they have a top end pass blocking OL. Run support CBs? er, no. Run stopper at DT? Who? Most on the Titans depth chart are pass rushers, like Klug and Casey. Clearly EA haven't been paying attention to all teams as this is all generalizations from the Titans of old - very old.
I'm sure there's stuff like this with many teams. Chiefs brief says they could use a pass catching TE when Moeaki has been pretty good aside from the ACL tear last year.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

# 64 moneal2001 @ 08/15/12 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoy227
So your telling me there is no season mode? I can't be the Steelers and do a season. If this is the case that would stink. This sounds like it's only super star mode where u can only be 1 player during ur career. And info would be great.
you can play as a player or as a coach. choosing to play as a player is similar to superstar mode from previous maddens. choosing to play as a coach is like playing franchise mode from previous maddens. hope that clears up your confusion.

# 65 imskykid @ 08/15/12 11:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlackGoku
True... this would work for my team, but not for the other 31 teams. It would be nice if the game recognized that this happens every year in the NFL. Not a deal breaker though... they made so many improvements that I doubt I'll be as bothered by it this year as I have been in year's past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
Or do what most teams have to do - find new players.
Most teams, especially in the first year of a new defense, use what they have since it's near impossible with the salary cap to dump all who they have under contract. What I'll probably do is switch to a multiple defense scheme during the transition year until I can get the right personnel to run the 3-4 or 4-3 full time.

Regardless, it will be a fun game.

# 66 jerwoods @ 08/15/12 11:20 PM
I Realty hope we can get back for Madden 14
1 Custom Rosters
2 NCAA Draft Class
and 32 Team Control Or Edit Player for CCM u don't need both of those I Would rather have 32 Team Control

# 67 jfsolo @ 08/15/12 11:29 PM
It's not so great in real life right now, but for CC being a Rams fan is a perfect jumping in point. The blueprint it shows for the team in the manual is exactly the way I want to build the team.

I use to spend a lot of time adjusting sliders for my sports games, but the last couple years, I've made a few tweaks and just rolled with it. This mode makes me want to do everything that I can to maximize the authenticity of the gameplay experience so that every move in CC has meaning.

# 68 TannerMendoza19 @ 08/15/12 11:32 PM
Eddie George and Steve Mcnair not on the legends list???

# 69 lilc998 @ 08/15/12 11:39 PM
Does anyone know if you can change your gameplan for a team. Like will the saints always be a vertical passing team or over time will they change into a running team? I just don't like being pigeon holed into a set system.

# 70 imskykid @ 08/15/12 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
I think if we get ncaa draft classes then we do need player editing...the past has told us they come in with jacked up equipment.
And jacked up ratings.

The difficulty they are going to have with importing draft classes is all the new player types they've added. I'm no programmer, but I could imagine that would cause all sorts of issues since, for instance, a linebacker isn't just a linebacker anymore... there are five different types of linebackers now and fitting every one into their right category could get messy.

However, if they find a way to make the import smooth, they should give us the option to edit the draft classes after import. That way we can make adjustments to ratings so the draft plays out somewhat realistically (no 1st round punters!), since transferring players from NCAA to Madden seems to do funny stuff to their ratings.

# 71 ConnSKINS26 @ 08/15/12 11:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
It's not so great in real life right now, but for CC being a Rams fan is a perfect jumping in point. The blueprint it shows for the team in the manual is exactly the way I want to build the team.

I use to spend a lot of time adjusting sliders for my sports games, but the last couple years, I've made a few tweaks and just rolled with it. This mode makes me want to do everything that I can to maximize the authenticity of the gameplay experience so that every move in CC has meaning.
Maybe I can get your thoughts on this, as a Rams fan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26
Here's an issue I have. They have a team like STL for example preferring Power RB because they have Steven Jackson.

But a new regime just came in and drafted Isiah Pead in the 2nd round for the future, and he's about the exact opposite of a Power RB.

So does that mean that STL values their own 2nd round pick at RB lower than they "should"?

# 72 imskykid @ 08/15/12 11:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilc998
Does anyone know if you can change your gameplan for a team. Like will the saints always be a vertical passing team or over time will they change into a running team? I just don't like being pigeon holed into a set system.
As a coach, you can have whatever gameplan you want.

# 73 ConnSKINS26 @ 08/15/12 11:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
yes but it's useless because you still can only play against the CPU in offline games no matter what team you have
Not necessarily. A huge amount of people here prefer 32-team control just so they can make sure the AI teams are managing their rosters in a realistic, intelligent, competitive way. So this workaround is still go for that.

# 74 NFLfan80 @ 08/15/12 11:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibbler
yes but it's useless because you still can only play against the CPU in offline games no matter what team you have
That's fine, as long as I can play as the Steelers and Packers myself.

# 75 The_Balm @ 08/16/12 12:05 AM
I don't see any mention to regular (Not in CC) practice mode in the manual has it been removed?

# 76 Aggies7 @ 08/16/12 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RamsFan5545
why isn't kurt warner in the list? i thought he was supposed to be one of the legends?
Yea he isnt considered a legend but heard he can make a comeback.

Any word on what older players may comeback? And also if a player that retires in year 5 is there a chance they will unretire and comeback a few years later?

# 77 RamsFan5545 @ 08/16/12 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnSKINS26
No. Warner may unretire and re-join the NFL in your CCM, though.
no check the list that they originally put out when they first announced the legends and kurt warner is one of them

# 78 RamsFan5545 @ 08/16/12 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Yea he isnt considered a legend but heard he can make a comeback.

Any word on what older players may comeback? And also if a player that retires in year 5 is there a chance they will unretire and comeback a few years later?
Player Legends

John Elway
Marshall Faulk
Barry Sanders
Jerry Rice
Lawrence Taylor
Warren Moon
Joe Montana
Deion "Primetime" Sanders
John Mackey
Emmitt Smith
Dick "Night Train" Lane
Troy Aikman
Gene Upshaw
Shannon Sharpe
Mean Joe Greene
George Blanda
Kellen Winslow, Sr.
Ronnie Lott
Dave Casper
Walter Payton
Michael Irvin
Reggie White
Rod Woodson
Derrick Brooks
Otto Graham
Steve Young
Kurt Warner
He's on the bottom of the list below steve young so hopefully they just made an error in the manual

# 79 Aggies7 @ 08/16/12 12:53 AM
Didn't see it in the huge manual but when you create a player do you get drafted or you get to choose your team.

I sure hope it's a draft.

And ramsfan thanks I just hope they are realistic about players coming back. No one over 40 years old right now please. I don't want to see that Troy Aikman is trying to make a comeback.

# 80 37 @ 08/16/12 12:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggies7
Didn't see it in the huge manual but when you create a player do you get drafted or you get to choose your team.

I sure hope it's a draft.
u choose your team

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.