Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Here is a quick NBA 2K13 video clip from Gamescom, just skip to roughly the 9:47 mark.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 TreyIM2 @ 08/15/12 08:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
I don't think 2k13 has real time physics, I may be wrong but aren't they still building everything off of the same engine, from the dreamcast days? I don't know, but from the looks of it I don't think it's rtp.

We'll have to see what the physics are like when a player tries to dunk on the whole team, or when he tries to block someone much bigger and stronger than him.
It was already said by the 2K team

# 42 youvalss @ 08/15/12 08:12 PM
If this short clip represents anything, it's the smoothest NBA 2K since 2K8. The year of the gameplay.

Graphics are 2K9'ish-2K12'ish, but that's not a surprise anymore.

# 43 jersez @ 08/15/12 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
It was already said by the 2K team
What was already said? I know it's not rtp. I just don't know why it's called rtp.

# 44 jersez @ 08/15/12 08:31 PM
Here is the 2k13 only version. So you don't have to skip back to 9 minute mark.

I didn't want to make a separate thread because it would be a waste of space.

# 45 youvalss @ 08/15/12 08:32 PM
Is there any reason why we don't see more videos?

# 46 texasgmr @ 08/15/12 08:33 PM
Looks great. Love the bumping. To me looks very smooth.

# 47 iLLosophy @ 08/15/12 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumpert21
why is everyone complaing about the pass being slow? ray allen was right next to him why would he beam it to him? lol..
And if Mike miller would've gone for the pass he would've had an easier time stealing it if it wasn't lobbed like that. That would've been a perfect time to try out the new bounce pass as well.

# 48 alkamist @ 08/15/12 08:38 PM
looks like 2k12 sorry but looks the same to me, unitl we get a better view of the game it still looks the same...

# 49 Nathan_OS @ 08/15/12 08:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkamist
looks like 2k12 sorry but looks the same to me, unitl we get a better view of the game it still looks the same...
Love people like you ....

Looks good to me , looks very smooth , defense is actually moving , Durant was actually working to get in position etc.

Only thing I didn't like was the Lob pass.

WTH looked like 2k12 to you?

# 50 KyotoCarl @ 08/15/12 08:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by alkamist
2K12 looked great so if they've focused on gameplay and just tweaked the graphics, as is obvious in the video, this game will probably be great.

I'm looking forward to more videos though!

# 51 Shinyhubcaps @ 08/15/12 08:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shumpert21
anyone notice after ray allen made the 3 the instant replay presentation had microphones coming out this obviously has to do with Jay Z. Jay z HAS a deeper part in this game then
It sounds ridiculous, but I noticed that too. The first thing I noticed though was that the Heat logo was on a black shield shaped like the new Nets logo. Hideous graphic! But I'll get used to it.

# 52 Joobieo @ 08/15/12 08:57 PM
Looked smooth I like it .

# 53 tony9 @ 08/15/12 09:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Seen some foot sliding on right block in that post up. No bueno...but it's still too early.
Good eye! Boshs feet were sliding in that video. The foot planting still needs some work.

Also Sefolosha was right in Allens face on defense and even got a hand up and Allen still swished it. Contested shots unfortunetly might not mean as much again this year.

Defense contact looked nice.

# 54 DatGD12guage @ 08/15/12 09:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
And if Mike miller would've gone for the pass he would've had an easier time stealing it if it wasn't lobbed like that. That would've been a perfect time to try out the new bounce pass as well.
I dont think anyone can justify that pass. Yes its an early build but, in that situation you utilize a chest pass or a bounce pass away from the defender the pass chalmers threw was more like an entry pass into the post which is to high for a smart point guard to throw to a spot up shooter, you wanna throw the ball into the shooting pocket, you guys know the deal.

# 55 coolcras7 @ 08/15/12 09:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony9
Good eye! Boshs feet were sliding in that video. The foot planting still needs some work.

Also Sefolosha was right in Allens face on defense and even got a hand up and Allen still swished it. Contested shots unfortunetly might not mean as much again this year.

Defense contact looked nice.
Or it could mean the greatest 3 point shooter ever in the NBA can make a difficult shot, or that the game is probably on casual.

# 56 tony9 @ 08/15/12 09:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Or it could mean the greatest 3 point shooter ever in the NBA can make a difficult shot, or that the game is probably on casual.
I would hope with someone as great as Sefolosha is on defense that even with Allen being a great shooter that wouldn't happen very often. Your right though game might of been on casual. I just hope in 2k13 contested shots mean a little more than they did in 2k12.

# 57 illwill10 @ 08/15/12 09:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
Like I said earlier, It is most likely because he has the Dead Eye Skill. It probably was played on a easier difficulty, but most likely his 3pt rating and DeadEye Skill came in to play.

# 58 coolcras7 @ 08/15/12 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatGD12guage
I dont think anyone can justify that pass. Yes its an early build but, in that situation you utilize a chest pass or a bounce pass away from the defender the pass chalmers threw was more like an entry pass into the post which is to high for a smart point guard to throw to a spot up shooter, you wanna throw the ball into the shooting pocket, you guys know the deal.
Actually I can, Chalmers is in front of Allen there for not in position to make a chest pass which would easy be intercepted, a bounce pass would force Allen out of position and unable to spot up for a quick shot, the lob over the defender was the best option.

# 59 Vni @ 08/15/12 09:21 PM
D is late to me anyway.

# 60 coolcras7 @ 08/15/12 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Like I said earlier, It is most likely because he has the Dead Eye Skill. It probably was played on a easier difficulty, but most likely his 3pt rating and DeadEye Skill came in to play.
As well as clutch factor.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.