Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Here is a quick NBA 2K13 video clip from Gamescom, just skip to roughly the 9:47 mark.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 liberaluser @ 08/15/12 10:58 PM
The game looks miles better, miles better than 2k12 already and they still got time to make it better.

And as far as people complaining that the D is tough this year, tough. Unlike the real NBA which coddles its superstars, I want the game world to punish stick jockeys for running right into me while they drive toward the basket.

Unless you want 2K to get serious about giving dozens of fouls to reckless ball-handlers every game, then you can't foul the defense for playing rough too.

# 82 blues rocker @ 08/15/12 11:01 PM
the physics in 2k13 are probably just an improvement on their same animation system...as long as it works, i don't really care whether it's physics or just an improved animation system. what they have so far looks pretty good in the video. i think truly real time physics are still a ways off though.

# 83 The 24th Letter @ 08/15/12 11:02 PM
I keep thinking I didn't watch the same thing as you guys....this is a LOT from :30 lol

# 84 RRLBJ96 @ 08/15/12 11:03 PM
I don't know why but is anybody else hoping that nba live will be better than 2k. For some reason the only thing that bothers me about 2k is that they actually do not use TNT presentation or ESPN (although that's taken by Live). The presentation does not make 2k look better. if they had TNT with Reggie miller and better presentation. It would be sick. I guess that's saved for nba 2k15 or something. And I liked how the players in live were bigger. 2ks player models and generally the whole game looks smaller for some reason. But 2k at this point dominates Live. So I can't really complain lol

# 85 jersez @ 08/15/12 11:05 PM
Also this is the official hand checking rule. From NBA.com

Hand Checking: A defender may not place and keep his hand on an opponent unless he is in the area near the basket with his back to the basket. A defender may momentarily touch an opponent with his hand anywhere on the court as long as it does not affect the opponent’s movement (speed, quickness, balance, rhythm).

This is real hand checking. you can watch the full video but the beginning when he was guarding magic was real hand checking and defense before today's NBA

# 86 Norris_Cole @ 08/15/12 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
defender in front breathing on ray allen is invisible with that all net jumper? looks like button tap releases again tis year negating the need to practice shooting

everything else looks excellent especially the defense on ball
Ray allen + pro level + default sliders.

You should already know this , right Teebone?

# 87 jersez @ 08/15/12 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
the "physics" in 2k13 are probably just an improvement on their same animation system...i just want something that feels and looks like real physics. as long as it works, i don't really care whether it's physics or just an improved animation system. i think truly real time physics are still a ways off though.
I agree, doesn't matter as long as it's represented.

# 88 Sir Riley Rocks @ 08/15/12 11:28 PM
Like most people have said, the game looks smooth.

KD looking slimmer but the jerseys are still too baggy lol.

still copping first day

# 89 johnnyg713 @ 08/15/12 11:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRLBJ96
I don't know why but is anybody else hoping that nba live will be better than 2k. For some reason the only thing that bothers me about 2k is that they actually do not use TNT presentation or ESPN (although that's taken by Live). The presentation does not make 2k look better. if they had TNT with Reggie miller and better presentation. It would be sick. I guess that's saved for nba 2k15 or something. And I liked how the players in live were bigger. 2ks player models and generally the whole game looks smaller for some reason. But 2k at this point dominates Live. So I can't really complain lol
hmm thats weird statement. 2k does a phenomenal job with presentation. The best in sports gaming history. TNT or ESPN would be cool but 2k has proved they can dominate without it. I can see if they had trouble with presentation (like many other sports games do) then I would be asking for the same thing.

With that said, I hope live does well but imo opinion I don't think it will ever come close to nba 2k. Call me a 2k fanboy, but I think they just get-it when it comes to developing their basketball titles.

# 90 liberaluser @ 08/15/12 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
Also this is the official hand checking rule. From NBA.com

Hand Checking: A defender may not place and keep his hand on an opponent unless he is in the area near the basket with his back to the basket. A defender may momentarily touch an opponent with his hand anywhere on the court as long as it does not affect the opponent’s movement (speed, quickness, balance, rhythm).

This is real hand checking. you can watch the full video but the beginning when he was guarding magic was real hand checking and defense before today's NBA
Today's NBA really is a joke when you see that sick skill and ferociousness on D from Pip.

# 91 cmebfresh @ 08/15/12 11:38 PM
the offense already looks frustrating. no kind of court spacing. looks like it going to be a lot of weird stuff and no call fouls going to the rim. Those bumping would be fouls, also hope there are more help defense because kd can't play defense on lebron like that sorry. but i like the how the players movement seem real smooth can't wait for the demo

# 92 fatleg3 @ 08/15/12 11:38 PM
WOW Ray Allen jumpshot is so beautiful. From the way he catches and shot to his release is spot on in this clip.

# 93 Caveman24 @ 08/15/12 11:43 PM
that on ball d look glorious

# 94 THE YAMA @ 08/16/12 12:01 AM
Great video here. Looks a lot more smooth. Can't wait to get my hands on this game!

# 95 Norris_Cole @ 08/16/12 12:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
that on ball d look glorious
Cpu's on ball defense always look glorious, even when using JJ Redick!

I hope users can defend like that, specially when using great on ball defenders.

# 96 Boilerbuzz @ 08/16/12 12:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blues rocker
the "physics" in 2k13 are probably just an improvement on their same animation system...i just want something that feels and looks like real physics. as long as it works, i don't really care whether it's physics or just an improved animation system. i think truly real time physics are still a ways off though.
No offense, but if motion captured data from REAL people doesn't look 'real', then what does? It burns my soul when companies claim 'real time physics' and let people believe that they have an engine capable of things not seen in movies or academia. What would you need to see in that video that would make it more real for you? Just wondering.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

# 97 ekferio @ 08/16/12 12:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
Good input, sir. Why don't you appreciate what's good instead since that outweighs the bad.

Getting tired of people nitpicking and not seeing the big picture instead.
Passing has been an issue on the 2k series for as long as I know. You're telling me to ignore it? You make no sense. I'm not saying I hate or love the game because of a 30 sec or less video. Just stating what I see.

# 98 Boilerbuzz @ 08/16/12 12:43 AM
Oh come on. It certainly has never been perfect. It's been downright bad at time. But for as important as passing is in the game, it has never been so bad as to break the game. And if folks can't see the clear improvement, then that's by choice.

# 99 jersez @ 08/16/12 12:55 AM
Actually looking at the Chalmers pass, I think it was the users fault. He didn't utilize the manual bounce pass feature, so the game had to throw that slow lob pass over the defender. Instead of a chest pass, which would have hit the defender.

The only thing, is the pass was really slow. I think we should wait till someone that can play or someone experience(jerzyreign) plays the game, before critiquing everything.

# 100 blues rocker @ 08/16/12 01:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
No offense, but if motion captured data from REAL people doesn't look 'real', then what does? It burns my soul when companies claim 'real time physics' and let people believe that they have an engine capable of things not seen in movies or academia. What would you need to see in that video that would make it more real for you? Just wondering.

i didn't say i looked bad, dude. i think it looks really good...i'm just saying it's probably being created by an animation system and not a "real time physics" system. that's all.

i'm basically saying that i don't care how they go about conveying a sense of physics, as long as it looks real and makes sense...and what i've seen so far looks pretty good.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.