Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 1 fsufan4423 @ 08/16/12 08:59 AM
Looks good.

# 2 C the Lyte @ 08/16/12 09:13 AM
Well he did commit to the Titan's off season program and put on some extra muscle in the weight room this year.

# 3 ch46647 @ 08/16/12 09:20 AM
Crowd atmosphere is freaking incredible this year! It sounds good on the demo but nowhere near as good as these vids of retail!

# 4 jpdavis82 @ 08/16/12 09:29 AM
Replays look better in the retail version too.

# 5 roadman @ 08/16/12 09:39 AM
Wow, loved the out of bounds pass by Colt McCoy.

Maybe this year the difference between Colt McCoy and A-Rod is obvious.

# 6 Moegames @ 08/16/12 09:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
Replays look better in the retail version too.

# 7 SageInfinite @ 08/16/12 10:57 AM
This video actually looked pretty good.

# 8 SageInfinite @ 08/16/12 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
@2:26... Chris Johnson gets knocked down by his own lineman... awesome!
Now that I thought was terrible.

# 9 gator3guy @ 08/16/12 11:15 AM
Is it just me or does it seem like the Left Ends (right side of the screen) get the majority of the sacks? I noticed this in the demo. Coincidence maybe.

# 10 jethrobag @ 08/16/12 11:25 AM
I don't know if this was identified earlier, but it looks like they have the same attendence issue in bad weather games. the stands are half empty. The crowd sounds great though.

# 11 illwill10 @ 08/16/12 11:27 AM
It is just not LEs, but LOLBs too. I gotten sacks with Kerrigan and not Orakpo. They need to balance out the Tackles.

# 12 bucknut88 @ 08/16/12 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Wow, loved the out of bounds pass by Colt McCoy.

Maybe this year the difference between Colt McCoy and A-Rod is obvious.
In the demo, I've noticed a big difference from Eli to RGIII throwing the ball. That's what I like to see!

# 13 Dogslax41 @ 08/16/12 11:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SageInfinite
Now that I thought was terrible.
Agreed. And I don't see this being resolved this year as it looks like they need to add a distinction in between offensive and defensive players to the ball carrier as a subset to momentum. The engine needs to be able to tell the ball carrier to put a hand up and react to blockers realistically with respect to relative speed. Right now it appears it is only reading it as a pure physics equation of force and vectors and the user is responsible for manually adjusting speed, which just isn't possible with maddens controls.

The engine needs to take into account teammates and intended direction but not allow that to trump momentum. For example if the rb runs into a pulling guard he should go down. If the are both going in the same direction he should not slam into the back of him and fall because the engine should slow his feet to dispel some of the impact.

I will say though that all the other tackles in the video looked good and much improved.

# 14 bucknut88 @ 08/16/12 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
It is just not LEs, but LOLBs too. I gotten sacks with Kerrigan and not Orakpo. They need to balance out the Tackles.
How much of this is a flaw and how much is is that most QBs are Right handed and it's much easier for them to throw the ball moving to their right than to their left? By doing so, you open yourself up to being sacked by the left side of the defense....

It may not be that simple I know, but just saying this could be the problem as well. In playing the demo, I notice that even a little bit of pressure from the right side and the QB moves to his right a little bit..

# 15 jpdavis82 @ 08/16/12 11:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jethrobag
I don't know if this was identified earlier, but it looks like they have the same attendence issue in bad weather games. the stands are half empty. The crowd sounds great though.
That was Cleveland though

# 16 Dogslax41 @ 08/16/12 11:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
Most qbs being right handed dictate that the LT be the much stronger of the two. That's why LTs make a fortune in comparison. I am actually alright seeing this as I nerf my pass rush with sliders anyway to get a realistic number of sacks. I put my better coverage and run stoppers to go up against the blind side tackle and leave my pass rusher to the other side.

# 17 illwill10 @ 08/16/12 11:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut88
How much of this is a flaw and how much is is that most QBs are Right handed and it's much easier for them to throw the ball moving to their right than to their left? By doing so, you open yourself up to being sacked by the left side of the defense....

It may not be that simple I know, but just saying this could be the problem as well. In playing the demo, I notice that even a little bit of pressure from the right side and the QB moves to his right a little bit..
Dont have a problem with the sacks. It just the rate of success of shedding the blocks on the right side of the line compared to left.

# 18 seasprite @ 08/16/12 11:38 AM
Im having a different experience I suppose, I have been able to apply pressure and have had a couple of sacks with Orakpo and JPP.

# 19 Bgamer90 @ 08/16/12 11:40 AM
Seems like there's way less quirks caused by the physics engine in the retail game in comparison to the demo.

Looks good

# 20 psychraider32 @ 08/16/12 11:55 AM
I think I saw some snow sticking to the uniform's like as in a clump of snow sticking to a knee pad. Pretty neat.

They should still have sideline heaters and players wearing beanies on the sideline instead of hats. Just a few little things that would make bad weather games great. Would like to see more field degragation as well.

« Previous12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.