Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 41 MostlyChilly @ 08/16/12 04:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2kH1e16Pz10

Short clip, 30 secs gameplay here, but much better resolution and not hard on the eyes, you can see from this vid that animations are much smoother, although I'm not gonna look forward to seeing a Rockband looking replay screen with the team logo on a shield at 0:23.

Might seem a little nitpicky here, but not a fan of the 'Dunk Intensity' display either, seems like it would belong in a arcade game like NBA Jam and not in a game that strives to be a realistic simulator.

# 42 ForeverVersatile @ 08/16/12 05:08 PM
Dude it's a videogame if they could do better they would have already, stop try to over analyze everything. The game isn't finished smh..

# 43 Sundown @ 08/16/12 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
No I feel that it's a bit much as well..Looked like it was one of the holiday presentations...as someone mentioned they need TNT or NBA TV type broadcast swipes...

flashy isn't always better...
I'm not really feeling it either. It's not horrible but it takes a step away from real broadcast rather than towards. At least the player poses look good but the layout looks more rap/video game/card capture game than TNT. Does it have anything to do with Jay-Z being a producer and directing the presentation?

I also don't get the shield motif in swipes and overlays. What about a shield says NBA? It doesn't look bad in the swipe but I don't want to see it everywhere. Is this Jay-Z trolling us all and sneaking in the Nets logo into everything?

# 44 bigeastbumrush @ 08/16/12 05:51 PM
I liked:
Floor spacing. Best I've seen so far in videos.
Fluidity of big men in the lane.
Harden's jumpshot.
Stat overlays.

Didn't like:
Dunk Intensity meter. Can this be disabled?
All of the overhead pop ups for the players.
Minor clipping.

# 45 bigball12 @ 08/16/12 05:55 PM
Still no 2nd bench & full assistant coaches. Also, the crowd is still insanely excited 24/7.

# 46 illwill10 @ 08/16/12 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigeastbumrush
I liked:
Floor spacing. Best I've seen so far in videos.
Fluidity of big men in the lane.
Harden's jumpshot.
Stat overlays.

Didn't like:
Dunk Intensity meter. Can this be disabled?
All of the overhead pop ups for the players.
Minor clipping.
I dont think the Dunk Intensity meter serves a purpose. All you have to do is make sure noone is where a Nike+ shoe.

By Overhead Popups, Do you mean the Icons or the Sig Skills? The Sig Skill only shows when you select it using the d-pad

# 47 Gman 18 @ 08/16/12 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bug
Did they pull the video cause I can't view it
No, they didn't.

# 48 CMH @ 08/16/12 05:57 PM
How can you guys see all of this?

There's a huge blotch of bright light in the middle of the screen. Quality is downright awful. I had to stop watching. Can't register anything.

Thank goodness for your comments.

# 49 domidomdomz @ 08/16/12 06:18 PM
I don't like the new overlay design. Feels like medieval. LOL. But that's just minor pet peeve.

# 50 Gramps91 @ 08/16/12 06:18 PM
looks really nice to me, the menus look pretty cool too. I just hope the scoreboard is pretty big. It was WAY to small on 2k11 and they made it bigger in 2k12 which made me happy, so I'm hoping the new scoreboard is as big as the one in 2k12. Looking forward to the demo.

# 51 blues rocker @ 08/16/12 06:22 PM
please don't tell me tapping the turbo trigger still does the half spin...the guy in the video keeps doing the half spin, so that makes me think this bizarre control choice has made a return for 2k13...wow. i do not understand why 2k would choose that control feature at all, let alone 2 years in a row. all it does is ruin the responsiveness of the sprint trigger...shouldn't the half spin be controlled with the right stick like all the other moves? i'm not sure if this is the case, but the over-abundance of half spins in that clip make me worried that it's true.

# 52 bigeastbumrush @ 08/16/12 06:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill10
I dont think the Dunk Intensity meter serves a purpose. All you have to do is make sure noone is where a Nike+ shoe.

By Overhead Popups, Do you mean the Icons or the Sig Skills? The Sig Skill only shows when you select it using the d-pad
I guess it was the Sig Skills. Didn't realize the users were doing it.

Thanks for clarifying.

# 53 kjjnesb @ 08/16/12 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
I'm not really feeling it either. It's not horrible but it takes a step away from real broadcast rather than towards. At least the player poses look good but the layout looks more rap/video game/card capture game than TNT. Does it have anything to do with Jay-Z being a producer and directing the presentation?

I also don't get the shield motif in swipes and overlays. What about a shield says NBA? It doesn't look bad in the swipe but I don't want to see it everywhere. Is this Jay-Z trolling us all and sneaking in the Nets logo into everything?
Feel this way too the presentation looks very video gamey and flashy was kinda hoping they'd pull a Madden 12 with better broadcast camera angles and cuts but regardless the gameplay is looking good.

# 54 RoundingThird @ 08/16/12 08:17 PM
Video was bad quality, doesn't help my value to the game.

# 55 UnbelievablyRAW @ 08/16/12 09:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I was worried the game might be no fun until I saw the fadeaway 3 from Lebron in the corner.

Just sealed the deal on my pre-order!
Coincidentally, that's when I stopped the video because I can already see people doing that all day online with default settings on

# 56 fatleg3 @ 08/16/12 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
Coincidentally, that's when I stopped the video because I can already see people doing that all day online with default settings on
cmon now. Do you not think that this is not on rookie or tuned so that players can have fun with the game. Thats like watching one of the madden videos on RB ratings and getting disgusted because Ray Rice is breaking every tackle

# 57 Joobieo @ 08/16/12 10:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pared
I was worried the game might be no fun until I saw the fadeaway 3 from Lebron in the corner.

Just sealed the deal on my pre-order!
I felt the same exact way !

I loved the dribbling as well it seemed much more effective in this video .

# 58 fsufan4423 @ 08/16/12 10:32 PM
I have one question that maybe some can answer. 2K11 was the first 2K basketball game I played since the first one on Xbox. I still think its the best baketball game to date. I thought 2K11's player models were a bit bigger than in 2K12.

I didn't play 12 long. Compared to what the videos have shown, do you think they went back to those models?

# 59 Vni @ 08/16/12 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsufan4423
I have one question that maybe some can answer. 2K11 was the first 2K basketball game I played since the first one on Xbox. I still think its the best baketball game to date. I thought 2K11's player models were a bit bigger than in 2K12.

I didn't play 12 long. Compared to what the videos have shown, do you think they went back to those models?
I'am with you on 2K11's models beeing bigger than 12. And I've always prefered 2K11's ones.

From the vidéo I see they seem bigger than 12 and more like 11 but it might also be the camera angle. Can't tell for sure.

# 60 LD2k @ 08/16/12 10:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
I wonder what "Dunk Intensity" is about; or if it's just a measure of how emphatic the dunk was/is.

Spoiler
Dunk Intensity - pretty cryptic in the title...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.