Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 Gronkanador @ 08/17/12 11:53 AM
From what i heard it is like Road to Glory where you can't change the other team's jersey.

# 22 PPerfect_CJ @ 08/17/12 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronkanador
From what i heard it is like Road to Glory where you can't change the other team's jersey.
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why would they do that?! It's not like a uniform would affect anything. I don't understand why the pants are orange in the first place. I'm sure we will be forced to see the Vikings in purple pants, too. This game CONTINUES to kill the immersion factor! Smh.

# 23 TDKing @ 08/17/12 12:01 PM
So a snow game still just means playing on a white field.

# 24 roadman @ 08/17/12 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
My complaint is how he seemed to go immediately when the CPU pressed the button to throw and he ran really fast and the Receiver just went behind.

Hmm. How do you put more air under the ball.
Left stick, up.

# 25 jpdavis82 @ 08/17/12 12:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPerfect_CJ
That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Why would they do that?! It's not like a uniform would affect anything. I don't understand why the pants are orange in the first place. I'm sure we will be forced to see the Vikings in purple pants, too. This game CONTINUES to kill the immersion factor! Smh.
No, no, no you guys are wrong, you still can change the uniforms for the games that you play in during CCM. In play now games you can change all uniforms. In CCM you will only see the other teams uniforms that you are playing against, so I don't see what the problem is.

# 26 Senator Palmer @ 08/17/12 12:39 PM
Hey jp,

Are you saying that you CAN change the uniforms of your CPU opponent in CCM? Could you provide a link if you don't mind because we hand this thread a few months ago in which the silence was deafening... http://www.operationsports.com/forum...u-uniform.html

Edit: may have misread Ryno's point about the controller being 1 player compatible. But I'm still looking to see where you can select CPU uniforms. Can't find where any of the gamechangers have confirmed.

# 27 jpdavis82 @ 08/17/12 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Hey jp,

Are you saying that you CAN change the uniforms of your CPU opponent in CCM? Could you provide a link if you don't mind because we hand this thread a few months ago in which the silence was deafening... http://www.operationsports.com/forum...u-uniform.html

Edit: may have misread Ryno's point about the controller being 1 player compatible. But I'm still looking to see where you can select CPU uniforms. Can't find where any of the gamechangers have confirmed.
Oh, I thought you could select cpu uniforms for games you were playing in. I'm going to try and get this fixed in a patch.

# 28 TreyIM2 @ 08/17/12 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
Snow doesn't look good. Yet to see a sport game that's done it right.
I actually came up here to comment on the snow, myself. If u mean snow not looking good in terms of being on the field, I concur. No full snow deformity other than the footprints and even with that, they don't calculate foot sliding prints after all these years. I know they didn't say they would add it this year but I have noticed little things not talked about that are in the demo that came out such as field divots and dirt and paint actually being on the players skin. Nice little touches.

Back to the snow deformity, tho. Ian back during Madden 10 DID say they were going to have "full" snow deformity for that game. Either he lied or it was removed because of coding issues.

Now to fully watch this vid and see if the differences in the actual game vs. the demo. I wonder if this clip is from final code?

# 29 Bearsfan1 @ 08/17/12 01:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronkanador
I imagine this is sort of how the conversation went in regards to this option.

One guy: So are we ready to put this game on the market?

Another guy: Hey, why don't we take away the users ability to control the CPU's uniform?

First guy: Why would we do that?

The other guy: I don't know, but I bet they will be mad as hell! *Laughter*

# 30 TreyIM2 @ 08/17/12 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrawHat Patriot
This right here is an example of why I don't like icon passing. The second Jay Cutler "pressed X" the Packers player started run and made a quick catch to pick it off.

I like how there was a collision but it looked awkward to me IMO. So did the run play after.

This is another example of why I don't like icon passing, and even the Total Control Passing. There, the player pressed "B", but he had no control of how far he wanted to throw it. Which is why whenever a QB overthrows in Madden it feels scripted to me sometimes.

And last, look carefully at "Y" on this play. You see how the defender seemed to know he was doing an out route before the receiver in completed it and even the defender was playing zone? That's the problem between the CPU zone coverage and the user zone coverage. The CPU Zone at certain times seems to know what your doing before the play, compared to how when the user does zone, everybody just stands in area without really moving, even if the receiver is running a curl route and he's right near him.
1 - I don't agree, at all. It's called anticipation and "reading the QB's eyes". Happens all the time IRL...

2 - Nope, don't agree here, neither. U cannot account for the person's skill level who is playing the game. I have lead my players a ton even overthrown them on out and slant routes toward the side line. I had noticed dude short sticking the pass before I even read ur comment. It looks more like he tried to float it without using the stick to lead the receiver.

3. That's questionable because we all know of Madden's defender's abilities to be psychic. Lol. However, the defender is defending the under in the flat. His read seemed to be to move further out once the receiver passed him, not knowing whether or not the receiver would run an out. He has his job to do and the receiver happened to run an out. I would need to see a hot route streak run by that receiver, repeating the same exact playcalling on both sides to be able to be sure.

# 31 TreyIM2 @ 08/17/12 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
I actually came up here to comment on the snow, myself. If u mean snow not looking good in terms of being on the field, I concur. No full snow deformity other than the footprints and even with that, they don't calculate foot sliding prints after all these years. I know they didn't say they would add it this year but I have noticed little things not talked about that are in the demo that came out such as field divots and dirt and paint actually being on the players skin. Nice little touches.

Back to the snow deformity, tho. Ian back during Madden 10 DID say they were going to have "full" snow deformity for that game. Either he lied or it was removed because of coding issues.

Now to fully watch this vid and see if the differences in the actual game vs. the demo. I wonder if this clip is from final code?
Nothing sticks out as being different than the demo in this clip in terms of gameplay. Well, next Friday will be here soon enough so I can play after work, Season Pass style.

# 32 Darth Aegis @ 08/17/12 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDKing
So a snow game still just means playing on a white field.
Yep it looks the same since madden's infancy pretty neat huh? O wait we added little footprints in the snow now cool huh? Groundbreaking! everytime i get a snow game I sigh, it feels more like you got ice skates on and should have a hockey stick in your hand.

# 33 PPerfect_CJ @ 08/17/12 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdavis82
No, no, no you guys are wrong, you still can change the uniforms for the games that you play in during CCM. In play now games you can change all uniforms. In CCM you will only see the other teams uniforms that you are playing against, so I don't see what the problem is.
If we can't change our opponents uniforms in "franchise," (aka CCM) then that IS the problem. I want control of that. I don't want to be forced to watch other teams wear the wrong freakin' unis!

# 34 Gaycandybacon @ 08/17/12 04:16 PM
Rodgers FACE looks pretty GOOD!

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.