Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

EA Sports has just released the complete Madden NFL 13 ratings for every wide receiver and tight end in the game.

For the complete Madden NFL 13 wide receiver and tight end ratings, click here.

The ratings category winners in Speed, Trucking, Elusiveness, and Acceleration will be reflected in the week one Madden NFL 13 roster update.

What are your thoughts on the wide receiver and tight end ratings?

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 scala42 @ 08/17/12 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Just looking at route running alone does anyone see anything wrong here with the players I have in the list?

C.Johnson RR 95
W.Walker RR 99
H.Nicks RR 92
Vicor Cruz RR 90
Jason Whitten RR 93
A.Gates RR 88

I'm personally fixated on this ability of players. I study this ability and admire it tremendously. When I watch a game I always look at how a receiver will execute running his route.

When I look at the following these players do not really distribute great route running ability but due to their strength deceptive speed or speed, and awareness of coverage they know how to get open.

Calvin Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, and Jason Whitten.

While these individuals distribute great route running.

Wes Walker, Victor Cruz, and Antonio Gates.

According to the ratings the order for these particular players RR is

1. Wes Walker RR 99
2. Calvin Johnson RR 95
3. Jason Whitten RR 93
4. Hakeem Nicks RR 92
5. Victor Cruz RR 90
6. Antonio gates RR 88

This order is extremely way off. While I would not argue Wes Walker at number 1 I definitely have a problems with the rest.

There is no way Johnson, Nicks or Whitten run a better route than Cruz. It's not even close. Now I just grabbed these players because they are easy to recognize by the masses, but do you agree?

I find route running to be extremely important and wish it was the main factor why a WR would get open in the game over speed. Hopefully next gen Madden will reflect that. Now maybe it does in Madden 13 , and if it does I think it is very important that this rating is distributed properly.

I would have had it this way.

1. Walker 99
2. Cruz 97
3. Gates 94
4. Nicks 90
5. Johnson 90
6. Whitten 88

I have watched these players in particular since they get a ton of TV time, and Whitten has always amazed me on how he gets open. He route running is so vanilla, but his speed is deceptive and he is very smart in zone coverage, but Gates can run a route. He executes a double move nicely. Victor at times hits you with a variation of moves, and even makes defenders fall when covering him.

I'm really baffled how they came up with these RR ratings for these players.
who is wes walker?

# 22 CoRRuPTMiND93 @ 08/17/12 02:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Just looking at the overalls for Washington. I think the gap between Josh Morgan and Leonard Hankerson is to big. Either lower Morgan's OVR or raise Hankerson's or both. But I don't think there is that big a difference between them.
i honestly think Hankerson is the better receiver, better Size, has good speed, can make unbelievable catches, and from what i've seen, he's a better route runner than people give him credit for.

# 23 xnickx5757 @ 08/17/12 02:55 PM
patriots offensive is going to be amazing

gronkowski: 97 ovr | 83 spd | 87 acc | 87 str | 82 awr | 92 cth

welker: 95 ovr | 86 spd | 99 acc | 55 str | 99 awr | 98 cth

hernandez: 88 ovr | 89 spd | 91 acc | 64 str | 79 awr | 91 cth

lloyd: 88 ovr | 92 spd |91 acc | 48 str | 88 awr | 93 cth

branch: 79 ovr | 88 spd | 88 acc | 39 str | 87 awr | 89 cth

thats one awesome receiving core

# 24 augmental @ 08/17/12 02:59 PM
A bit OT I know, but I was just watching a Lions vs Falcons E3 vid and they have Calvin Johnson as Calvin Johnson, Jr.? Why have Jr. on his jersey? He doesn't have Jr. on his jersey in real life. Pretty obvious...especially since he is the cover guy

# 25 gator3guy @ 08/17/12 03:21 PM
Where's Jake Ballard???

# 26 lavy23 @ 08/17/12 03:23 PM
Good attention to detail giving former high school kicker Wes Welker 73kick acc and 69 kick pwr

# 27 N51_rob @ 08/17/12 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by augmental
A bit OT I know, but I was just watching a Lions vs Falcons E3 vid and they have Calvin Johnson as Calvin Johnson, Jr.? Why have Jr. on his jersey? He doesn't have Jr. on his jersey in real life. Pretty obvious...especially since he is the cover guy
The NFL has changed their naming rules, and you have now have suffixes on the jersey now. Griffin III, Johnson Jr, and Helu Jr can no be printed on the uniforms.

# 28 Find_the_Door @ 08/17/12 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
Just looking at route running alone does anyone see anything wrong here with the players I have in the list?

C.Johnson RR 95
W.Walker RR 99
H.Nicks RR 92
Vicor Cruz RR 90
Jason Whitten RR 93
A.Gates RR 88

I'm personally fixated on this ability of players. I study this ability and admire it tremendously. When I watch a game I always look at how a receiver will execute running his route.

When I look at the following these players do not really distribute great route running ability but due to their strength deceptive speed or speed, and awareness of coverage they know how to get open.

Calvin Johnson, Hakeem Nicks, and Jason Whitten.

While these individuals distribute great route running.

Wes Walker, Victor Cruz, and Antonio Gates.

According to the ratings the order for these particular players RR is

1. Wes Walker RR 99
2. Calvin Johnson RR 95
3. Jason Whitten RR 93
4. Hakeem Nicks RR 92
5. Victor Cruz RR 90
6. Antonio gates RR 88

This order is extremely way off. While I would not argue Wes Walker at number 1 I definitely have a problems with the rest.

There is no way Johnson, Nicks or Whitten run a better route than Cruz. It's not even close. Now I just grabbed these players because they are easy to recognize by the masses, but do you agree?

I find route running to be extremely important and wish it was the main factor why a WR would get open in the game over speed. Hopefully next gen Madden will reflect that. Now maybe it does in Madden 13 , and if it does I think it is very important that this rating is distributed properly.

I would have had it this way.

1. Walker 99
2. Cruz 97
3. Gates 94
4. Nicks 90
5. Johnson 90
6. Whitten 88

I have watched these players in particular since they get a ton of TV time, and Whitten has always amazed me on how he gets open. He route running is so vanilla, but his speed is deceptive and he is very smart in zone coverage, but Gates can run a route. He executes a double move nicely. Victor at times hits you with a variation of moves, and even makes defenders fall when covering him.

I'm really baffled how they came up with these RR ratings for these players.

What in the world? Jason WITTEN (not Whitten) is among the best route runners in the league? He's doesn't have the speed to get open as often as he does.

# 29 augmental @ 08/17/12 03:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
The NFL has changed their naming rules, and you have now have suffixes on the jersey now. Griffin III, Johnson Jr, and Helu Jr can no be printed on the uniforms.
But Johnson has never used Jr. on his jersey. Has he said that he is going to for the 2012 season?

# 30 jwhezzy2003 @ 08/17/12 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnickx5757
patriots offensive is going to be amazing

gronkowski: 97 ovr | 83 spd | 87 acc | 87 str | 82 awr | 92 cth

welker: 95 ovr | 86 spd | 99 acc | 55 str | 99 awr | 98 cth

hernandez: 88 ovr | 89 spd | 91 acc | 64 str | 79 awr | 91 cth

lloyd: 88 ovr | 92 spd |91 acc | 48 str | 88 awr | 93 cth

branch: 79 ovr | 88 spd | 88 acc | 39 str | 87 awr | 89 cth

thats one awesome receiving core
not to mention tom brady ratings. Good luck defenses trying to stop this offense. I say just blitz and play some crazy cover 3 zone or cover 2 zone and hope the blitz get there or you get a pick.

# 31 Gaycandybacon @ 08/17/12 03:54 PM
Packers

WR

WR1: Greg Jennings

OVR: 93

WR2: Jordy Nelson

OVR: 89

WR3: James Jones

OVR: 79

WR4: Donald Driver

OVR: 78

WR5: Randall Cobb

OVR: 76

WR6: Diondre Borel

OVR: 65

WR7: Tory Gurley

OVR: 63

WR8: Jarret Boykin

OVR:59

WR9: Shaky Smithson

OVR: 59

WR10: Dale Moss

OVR: 56

TE

TE1: Jermicheal Finley

OVR: 86

TE2: Andrew Quarless

OVR: 70

TE3: D.J. Williams

OVR: 68

TE4: Tom Crabtree

OVR: 65

TE5 Ryan Taylor

OVR: 63

# 32 Gaycandybacon @ 08/17/12 04:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gator3guy
Where's Jake Ballard???
He retired.

# 33 Gronkanador @ 08/17/12 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaycandybacon
He retired.
Wrong. He was hurt in the superbowl, giants cut him and the patriots signed him off waviers. He is probably going to miss the year with ACL surgery and microfacture surgery.

# 34 Tyrant8RDFL @ 08/17/12 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by scala42
who is wes walker?
Oops my bad Welker

# 35 Gaycandybacon @ 08/17/12 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gronkanador
Wrong. He was hurt in the superbowl, giants cut him and the patriots signed him off waviers. He is probably going to miss the year with ACL surgery and microfacture surgery.
Shhhh

He doesn't know

# 36 A_New_Classic @ 08/17/12 04:41 PM
Brandon Marshall has 85 catching....Is that a joke?

I could understand getting slightly snubbed from the top 10, but 85 catching really??? He has some of the best hands in the damn league! Also only 86 spectacular catch sheesh...

At least they got his CIT and RR right at 96 and 95, but he's never had any issues with dropping open passes so I don't get the low catch rating. I think his CIT and RR might even be a tad high, but I'd much rather have ~90 for all of his ratings since he's well rounded IRL and this doesn't reflect that at all.

They gave Blackmon 90 catching and he hasn't even played a down!

# 37 jwhezzy2003 @ 08/17/12 06:04 PM
and the patriots got jeff Demps. The Olympic sprinter. He's gonna be slot wr, and returner.

Great another weapon that they needed

# 38 lavy23 @ 08/17/12 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by augmental
But Johnson has never used Jr. on his jersey. Has he said that he is going to for the 2012 season?
He was never allowed to before, but I don't know if he will now.

# 39 Pappy Knuckles @ 08/17/12 06:35 PM
INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

Pretty much what I expected from the Colts ratings. Reggie is solid as usual and Collie has some pretty good catch ratings. I'm gonna miss Dallas Clark because he's been my security blanket for years, but I'm excited to see what I can do with the new guys. Hopefully I can work in T.Y. Hilton in a little bit as well.

# 40 lightning_78 @ 08/17/12 09:13 PM
Anyone know Terrell Owens' ratings now that he should be back in the game? I know he was around an 83 OVR in 12's FA list but I heard he still run's a 4.4ish 40 so I'm curious as to what his spd and ovr will be now.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.