Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

What a difference a year makes. For this basketball fan, last summer was painful. The NBA was in the midst of a lockout, the summer league was cancelled, free-agency was on hold and the prospect of missing a full season was all too real. By stark contrast, the Nike-penned motto "basketball never stops" which was conceived during that lockout, seems to be the theme this summer. Less than a month after the 2012 season ended, summer league began and then Olympic basketball shortly thereafter. With the Olympics now over, what has often been one of my favorite times of the year now begins: NBA 2K season.

The NBA 2K franchise currently stands at the pinnacle of video game basketball and, until NBA Live returns, has only itself for competition. This is a challenge the games’ developers seem to acknowledge, as they have repeatedly communicated a refusal to rest on their laurels but rather to push the envelope with each consecutive release. So what type of a difference has a year made for NBA 2K13? We are slowly finding out the details and they seem pretty legit.

So what am I looking for exactly? Here's my list of things that NBA 2K13 will have to do in order to 'win' this season for me...

Read More - NBA 2K13's Keys to Victory

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 jreezy18 @ 08/19/12 02:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profit89
I think EA is going to get slaughtered this year.
I'm kind of doubting whether there will even be a "this year" for NBA Live.

# 22 JerzeyReign @ 08/19/12 07:36 AM
With 2k, you know we'll get an improvement to gameplay somehow, someway -- they've never let us down there for the most part. But online... not the game... but online.... online needs to be fixed. Strengthen up the servers like every other game out there and give commish controls in OA and they'd be set. Online leagues is the future (which is pretty much NOW) and in order to grasp the large numbers of gamers who love leagues, those two things need to be fixed.

Other than that, I agree with everything else. NIce article.

# 23 JasonMartin @ 08/19/12 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalkofanation
Be on virgingaming gettin that money baby.
Has 2K ever held a tournament or something with Virgin?

# 24 MiamiHeatles @ 08/24/12 07:31 PM
2k looks like they are coming with it this year.. I wanna see the signature abilities, the offensive and defensive post play, the crowd, all the right accessories for home and away...

« Previous 12Next »

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.