Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 speedy9386 @ 08/18/12 09:56 PM
Wow this looks amazing.

# 22 Brandon26841 @ 08/18/12 09:56 PM
I really don't have a problem with the WR going 1st overall (although him being white and named Treon is a little... unrealistic, haha), although I doubt that will ever happen again unless the prospect is a Calvin Johnson clone. The TE going 2nd overall is just terrible though. Vernon Davis going 6th overall is the highest I can ever remember a TE going, and that was questionable then and still is now. Most elite TE prospects are going to go in the 15-25 range.

Other than that, looks really good. It would just be nice if it were a little more realistic, but you can't have everything I guess.

# 23 imskykid @ 08/18/12 09:58 PM
Do we even know that it was the CPU making the picks? The video says it's an online draft... maybe those were users.

# 24 gzenius @ 08/18/12 10:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid
Do we even know that it was the CPU making the picks? The video says it's an online draft... maybe those were users.
it was the cpu.. it says above the team picking if its the cpu or a user

# 25 outtamyway24 @ 08/18/12 10:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid
If you notice, all of the picks say "CPU" except for the 4th pick, which is the Titans, that has the user's name.

# 26 outtamyway24 @ 08/18/12 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by belucheez2
Well, I think the whole Mark tweet is actually alright. He said "Pretty obvious that Z. Richmond will be going first overall. Question is, will the Cowboys field offers for the pick?" which to me indicates that the Cowboys didn't need the QB, but were open to the offers for teams to trade up to get Z Richmond; in the end they didn't trade the pick so Richmond didn't go first overall.
But he dropped 19 picks to 20th overall. Even if the Cowboys didn't need him and he was the obvious "first overall" pick, he wouldn't have made it passed 3rd at worst.

# 27 outtamyway24 @ 08/18/12 10:22 PM
Quote:
How do you know?
Pause it at 3:19.

# 28 GAM3R4LYF3 @ 08/18/12 10:22 PM
Skip Bayless tweets about Tebow?

This is by far the most realistic draft ever!

# 29 Bigmac612 @ 08/18/12 10:31 PM
White dude named Treon??....makes sense....

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

# 30 bsantos_5 @ 08/18/12 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outtamyway24
But he dropped 19 picks to 20th overall. Even if the Cowboys didn't need him and he was the obvious "first overall" pick, he wouldn't have made it passed 3rd at worst.
Ever heard of Aaron Rodgers? Either way I don't think Mark Schlereth's tweet was a mistake. As announcers are wrong all the time where a player will be drafted. That is part of the unpredictability of the draft.

# 31 outtamyway24 @ 08/18/12 10:41 PM
Quote:
Not what I meant. I mean, how do you know that he should have went 3rd or 2nd? Maybe 19 teams didn't need a QB, or needed another position.
Of course that isn't clear, but an obvious 1st overall pick would not drop to 20th. The Colts didn't need Andrew Luck, seeing as they had a 1st ballot HOF'er, but he was the obvious 1st overall pick, took him anyways, and let the face of their franchise leave. In this day and age where the NFL Draft is the most important 48 hours of the NFL off-season, that is WAY too much value to not take him. Unless the tweet was incorrect and he's really not as valuable as Schlereth thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsantos_5
Ever heard of Aaron Rodgers? Either way I don't think Mark Schlereth's tweet was a mistake. As announcers are wrong all the time where a player will be drafted. That is part of the unpredictability of the draft.
I have heard of Rodgers. Have you heard that he wasn't the "obvious" first overall player? Have you also heard he wasn't even the first QB taken in that draft? Not a fair comparison.

# 32 SuckaRepellent @ 08/18/12 10:46 PM
This is actually pretty cool aside from a tight end going #2 lol

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide

# 33 StanleyStutters @ 08/18/12 10:55 PM
Quote:
Not what I meant. I mean, how do you know that he should have went 3rd or 2nd? Maybe 19 teams didn't need a QB, or needed another position.
I really like the new draft, but this is unrealistic. People are on here defending the WR & TE selections by saying it's a pass first league (which I get), but you're telling me that 19 teams in a row passed on the #1 Quarterback? Experts make mistakes on prospects all the time, but the #1 QB in the draft, who is considered by some to be the top player, slipping all the way down to #20 is unrealistic.

# 34 Major9 @ 08/18/12 10:55 PM
Im fine if a WR or TE taken that high is just a rare thing in Madden...even if its just every 5 years or so but I do remember draft experts saying Randy Moss had 1st pick talent when coming out of college but for other reasons it didn't happan.

# 35 Chrisksaint @ 08/18/12 10:56 PM
The skill sets that TEs have, i'm surprised good ones in drafts aren't picked more in the top 5 so I have no problem with one being picked #2

# 36 NDAlum @ 08/18/12 11:04 PM
I have no problem with the selections. When a kicker/punter or interior offensive lineman is taken #1/#2, then I'll join the complainers.

# 37 outtamyway24 @ 08/18/12 11:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
The skill sets that TEs have, i'm surprised good ones in drafts aren't picked more in the top 5 so I have no problem with one being picked #2
I think we will see a transition period soon where TEs get drafted higher, mainly due to the slotted rookie salary.

# 38 mars85042 @ 08/18/12 11:08 PM
This looks pretty awesome, lets go 13!!!!!

# 39 imskykid @ 08/18/12 11:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outtamyway24
If you notice, all of the picks say "CPU" except for the 4th pick, which is the Titans, that has the user's name.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gzenius
it was the cpu.. it says above the team picking if its the cpu or a user
Good call guy. Then it is pretty strange. At least it's not punters like it was with imported draft classes last year.

# 40 Redskinsfan26 @ 08/18/12 11:18 PM
Pretty sweet! I like the new scouting... It seems simple yet fun. Overall looks impressive especially with the commentary about each draft pick

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.