Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 141 imskykid @ 08/19/12 04:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by outtamyway24
The issue I have with this whole thing was if 19 other teams knew he was a bust, why was Schlereth so clear that he was the obvious first overall pick. IF there was a possibility that 19 teams considered him a bust, Schlereth should have said "Richmond has the ability to be 1st overall, but we'll see." Again, this may or may not have been intentional by EA. Perhaps they purposely made the "experts" get some stuff wrong, maybe they didn't. We don't really know, but what we do know is it's odd, to say the least, that the obvious first overall pick went 20th. Odd, not necessarily broken.
Unfortunately, if you watch some of the other draft videos you can see that each twitter personality has a few repetitive tweets. I think one keeps saying something along the lines of "looks like teams are fighting for position #team1 #team2" and if there's a trade Skip says "now the questions is, who are they going to take"... so I'm sure Schreleth has an automated tweet that says "x player is the obvious #1 pick." They can only program so many tweets for each personality so its inevitable that we are going to see some tweets that dont match up perfectly with whats happening.

However, its still a cool feature and I'm not going to let a pretend tweet by a fake Mark Schreleth ruin the experience.

# 142 outtamyway24 @ 08/19/12 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyT85
I honestly think it was intentional. It was one guys analysis. If it was all the "experts" saying he was the obvious #1 choice, I think then we can say it's truly broken. These analyst people do get things wrong, they're not 100% right, 100% of the time.
If it was intentional, then that's a good feature. It forces someone to have to scout and not just trust the "experts" suggestions. Since we haven't heard this is a possibility, I just found it to be weird. My hope though is that it was intentional and that the "experts" will in fact be completely wrong about a player. That would definitely add more realism.

# 143 k2thaz @ 08/19/12 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWood2
They nearly lost me when import draft class was left out ... and then I saw this video. Really, really immersive and so much better from a gameplay standpoint. I'll miss drafting Justin Hunter and co. ... but still. This is quite good.
I'm a big fan of NFL HC so I'm happy with this. Yes I'll miss the import but last year the Shoulder pads for WRs were big.. some guys were accurate others weren't. I like the fictional world and the back stories here.

Jack English is my favorite all time guy to play with and he's not even real

# 144 k2thaz @ 08/19/12 04:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid
Unfortunately, if you watch some of the other draft videos you can see that each twitter personality has a few repetitive tweets. I think one keeps saying something along the lines of "looks like teams are fighting for position #team1 #team2" and if there's a trade Skip says "now the questions is, who are they going to take"... so I'm sure Schreleth has an automated tweet that says "x player is the obvious #1 pick." They can only program so many tweets for each personality so its inevitable that we are going to see some tweets that dont match up perfectly with whats happening.

However, its still a cool feature and I'm not going to let a pretend tweet by a fake Mark Schreleth ruin the experience.
pretend tweets by Mark are better than real ones, so I'll take it

# 145 k2thaz @ 08/19/12 04:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlackGoku
You're right, these ARE stupid complaints. You wanna play Madden 12 with that broken import draft class? Be my guest. All you're really doing is beating a dead horse right now. Smdh.....
i'm with you, last year Michael Brockers 6th round, Blackmon 4th, Michael Floyd came out white and a 7th rounder.

even with fixed rosters it doesn't work out well, and let's not forget the HUGE shoulder pads.

i understand the frustration but I'm all for this new draft

# 146 Joobieo @ 08/19/12 04:41 PM
People need to relax and just take in the new draft setup and enjoy it .

# 147 JimmyT85 @ 08/19/12 04:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2thaz
i'm with you, last year Michael Brockers 6th round, Blackmon 4th, Michael Floyd came out white and a 7th rounder.

even with fixed rosters it doesn't work out well, and let's not forget the HUGE shoulder pads.

I can't really comment much on the lack of imported draft classes etc, simply because I've never done it.

We don't get NCAA over here in the UK, so it's never been a feature I've been able to use. I can understand why people are annoyed it's not in, but in all honesty, if it's as broken as it sounds, I don't see the point using it.

# 148 DerkontheOS @ 08/19/12 05:12 PM
Mind = Blown.

# 149 fsufan4423 @ 08/19/12 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerkontheOS
Mind = Blown.
Exactly! Can't wait to dive into this.

# 150 trevdawg0909 @ 08/19/12 05:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k2thaz

Yes, but last year you could go ahead and edit any players coming in that you didn't like. You could change names so that things were more realistic. It's that level of customization that I'm going to miss.
The problem is that EA can't seem to get the mix of simulation vs. video game right. Why take out features that sim fans love in order to appease the more gamey gamers. There are just as many sim fans out there who enjoy Madden too.

And to the guy who called me a racist, you are a fool.
There is nothing at all racist about realizing that certain names are more prevalent to a particular race. If I said my name was Treon, Keyshawn, Kenyon, Muhammed, or Ahmed, you would not picture me to be white would you? That's all I'm saying....

# 151 Ferweezy @ 08/19/12 05:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdawg0909
Yes, but last year you could go ahead and edit any players coming in that you didn't like. You could change names so that things were more realistic. It's that level of customization that I'm going to miss.
The problem is that EA can't seem to get the mix of simulation vs. video game right. Why take out features that sim fans love in order to appease the more gamey gamers. There are just as many sim fans out there who enjoy Madden too.

There is nothing at all racist about realizing that certain names are more prevalent to a particular race. If I said my name was Treon, Keyshawn, Kenyon, Muhammed, or Ahmed, you would not picture me to be white would you? That's all I'm saying....
Heck he could be light skin.

# 152 DaBlackGoku @ 08/19/12 05:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevdawg0909

Well, the reason you can't change names is pretty obvious, I think it would mess up the backstories. Notice how they call them by their names during the draft (and hopefully during actual gameplay) so changing names could screw all of that up, and frankly I like the backstories.

# 153 S C 0 0 Z E @ 08/19/12 05:47 PM
..but you can't change your rookies numbers, can you?

# 154 RoyalBoyle78 @ 08/19/12 05:52 PM
I want this game now!!!!!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

# 155 DaBlackGoku @ 08/19/12 07:09 PM
This game is gonna be beast!

# 156 tical2399 @ 08/19/12 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by balcobomber25
Racism is alive and well in this one.
Dude cut the crap. he mentioned one issue about race and its a legit one. White folks dont tend to be named Treon. The rest of it is legit too. I don't want a fake rookie in my game I want the real ones from NCAA. They took that out so whatever, but don't make it worse by telling me this fake rookie is related to another fake player.

What team is this fake player on so I can goo look at his ratings and stats? Whats that you say? I can't actually find him in the game? Then you should probably leave that bit of dialog out.

# 157 MattGarza13 @ 08/19/12 07:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tical2399
Dude cut the crap. he mentioned one issue about race and its a legit one. White folks dont tend to be named Treon. The rest of it is legit too. I don't want a fake rookie in my game I want the real ones from NCAA. They took that out so whatever, but don't make it worse by telling me this fake rookie is related to another fake player.

What team is this fake player on so I can goo look at his ratings and stats? Whats that you say? I can't actually find him in the game? Then you should probably leave that bit of dialog out.
Wow................................. SMH. Called imagination okay. The game probably uses a random name and appearance generator. Everyone keeps saying (not saying you are.) that a white WR being drafted first is so unrealistic, so basically there all saying if there was a white WR that ran a 4.3 40 that was 6'4' 230 and absolutly dominated the SEC he wouldn't be drafted high because he was white. Pfft.

# 158 moneal2001 @ 08/19/12 07:22 PM
Quote:

the reason for no draft class import has been stated. the current DCs dont work with the new CCM format, having storylines and all. its an ncaa issue not a madden one. I dont care about real players since they all become fake when the game gets turned on. What do you do when Stud Jr. comes out in your DC but decides to stay in real life?

# 159 S C 0 0 Z E @ 08/19/12 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick589
I dont care about name and race as much as i care about equiptment. That doesnt mean im right though.

I understand not being able to edit names but why not the ability to edit skin color? And for christ sakes let me put a damn visor on my first round pick if i want!!! Haha
...and change their numbers!!

# 160 DaBlackGoku @ 08/19/12 07:41 PM
Quote:

Wow, what a boring guy you are. No imagination what so ever. Also, EVERYONE becomes fake once you start the game. So you were satisfied with that sorry excuse for an import draft class in Madden 12? If so then go ahead and keep playing that came and stop coming here to cry about everything (there are threads for that anyway). Also, let me break down White boy Treon Patrick for you. He's 6"4, 230lbs (a BIG receiver), he was the best WR in the SEC and scored 45 career touchdowns while at Florida. He comes into the NFL and runs a 4.34 40 yard dash and has the best hands out of everyone in the draft. You're the Cowboys, Dez Bryant and Jason Witten both have been released and as a result, you have the #1 pick in the draft. Demarco Murray has turned into a stud, Tony Romo is an elite QB, the offensive line is healthy and the defense has been stellar, all that's missing is a potential #1 wide receiver. Now tell me, WHO are you going to draft with that #1 pick?

Did that happen in this case? Maybe, maybe not. But it's a plausible situation is it not? A WR has been taken #1 overall in the draft before, it can happen again. Besides, it's just a video game......

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.