Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Thanks ‏@TheBlueprint83!

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 kolanji @ 08/19/12 02:46 AM
finally on D wade's missed FT the ball doesnt get ignored by the players lining up i see ibaka not being a wall the ball just hit and he reaches down and gets it.....
just the little things that bring this game closer to life..am loving it

# 22 jersez @ 08/19/12 03:30 AM
It's a early build but a glitch at 3.30 where the ball warps to the cpu. Just pointing it out.

# 23 brandon623 @ 08/19/12 03:34 AM
Durant's jumper looks spot on

# 24 Yungturbo @ 08/19/12 04:29 AM
@brandon623 your not lien finally we won't have to touch his sig shot! I guess he did his own mocal since he is on the cover. The shot looks life like!

# 25 daboom @ 08/19/12 06:05 AM
Game looks pretty good, still waiting on some later build gameplay, but one thing I couldn't help but notice, Durant is wearing the KD 3, not the 4. What's up with that?

# 26 Nius @ 08/19/12 06:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1213
all that reaching in..man..call a foul. I hope they fix that before it drops. every year people spam the steal button and there is no risk for it..only reward. it's the think I hate most. why do they not want to make it so a foul is called. heck with appealing to the casual player. punish the user for spamming the steal button already
Exactly! This problem is so easy fixable, I just don't understand why 2ksports let stealing spamfest to continue.

# 27 jfsolo @ 08/19/12 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM1213
all that reaching in..man..call a foul. I hope they fix that before it drops. every year people spam the steal button and there is no risk for it..only reward. it's the think I hate most. why do they not want to make it so a foul is called. heck with appealing to the casual player. punish the user for spamming the steal button already
On the default level/slider settings they're not going to change that. It is definitely designed for the casual player and it's going to stay that way. As others have said below, it's easy fixable by using a different level and changing sliders, but don't expect default to ever be tuned to be anything close to realistic. It is what it is.

# 28 NowAndLaterCARZ @ 08/19/12 09:48 AM
i thought i read somewhere in a 2ksports team-up article that full court passing was gone completely. 2:09 norris cole throws a cam newton touchdown pass

# 29 blues rocker @ 08/19/12 09:56 AM
the Harden layup sequence at 2:57 was a bit wonky...first his layup animation was a bit slow (he hung in the air too long)...second, he used the wrong hand - the defender was coming from his right, so he should've used his left hand and used his body to shield the ball from the defender...so looks like they haven't quite perfected the contextual layups. whatever side the defender is coming from, the player should use the opposite hand on the layup. i don't know why this is so hard to get in the game.

third thing about that layup: the contact looked pretty weird...the defender slammed into him in mid air, but the defender just kind of bounced off of him and slid off his body without seeming to affect Harden.

the turbo trigger still looks wonky and unresponsive like last year, not sure why they can't get this right. if you're holding turbo, your player should sprint at full speed...but it often feels like you have to release the turbo trigger and hit it a second time in order to get the speed burst you wanted. not sure why they handled the turbo trigger like that in 2k12, and again in 2k13.

# 30 Muzyk23 @ 08/19/12 10:41 AM
Perkins shouldn't be getting the ball at the top of the key and faking to shoot the jumper. He looked like Durant there.

Besides, I still don't like some of the rebounding animations - players jump too high on those and it doesn't matter if it's harden, battier or ibaka.

The CPU AI the previews were talking about is kind of missing in those vids.

# 31 coolcras7 @ 08/19/12 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowAndLaterCARZ
i thought i read somewhere in a 2ksports team-up article that full court passing was gone completely. 2:09 norris cole throws a cam newton touchdown pass
they are never going to 100 percent get rid of the full court pass, they can only affect there success rate, there have been enough videos that show them being intercepted by the defense.

# 32 aloncho11 @ 08/19/12 11:47 AM
I'm not expecting to see full sim style because of the build and the game being played by casual gamers mostly. This video showcases very nice and smaller details:

I like the passing animations I'm seeing from James Harden. The dribbling and motion from players like KD, Lebron, Wade seems very organic.

The ball physics are cool too, nice to see it has been revamped, the type of bounces the ball takes off the rim and the way it interacts with players' hands while dribbling, passing and shooting is awesome.

I'm still seeing sliding in the animations where 2 players collide (with and without the ball), but I guess it could be due to the early build.

I do agree, however, that certain player models look off, like Shane, KD, James Harden. I think this is mainly due to the proportion of their heads with their bodies. KD seems to have an overly large head in order to compensate with his "not thin enough" body model. S.Battier's head is too big in proportion to his body. Harden's is just a little big, I think his head looks a little too vertical.

Some skin tones need to be improved, like Battier's, he looks too white/pale. Ray Ray too.

On the matter of correct body types that will make players look more realistic, many roster editors have done a great job in editing (some very thoroughly) player bodies, that it's just a matter of 2K simply copy pasting those edits so the game has them correct, right out of the box.

# 33 TreyIM2 @ 08/19/12 12:04 PM
Wow, seeing the gameplay in this looks bad, in terms of "the human(s)" controlling the game. Lol. Vids like this could turn off the casual gamer...but I'm not a casual gamer...depending on what the game is. Heh.

I still think it's a bit early to harshly judge this games look from these off-screen vids from a visual stand point and the fact that it's an early build but I did notice Durant's head size and Wade 's beard looks weird (heh).

As much as I can't stand the person(s) playing and their sloppy skill level(s), good to get some vids. I can't wait to get my hands on the demo and delight in finally getting true analog dribbling to go with this high level b-ball game.

# 34 Goffs @ 08/19/12 12:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Wow, seeing the gameplay in this looks bad, in terms of "the human(s)" controlling the game. Lol. Vids like this could turn off the casual gamer...but I'm not a casual gamer...depending on what the game is. Heh.
eh...the ones playing are casual gamers...infact all the other vids shown except for jerzeyreign are all casuals....

# 35 ForeverVersatile @ 08/19/12 01:10 PM
@ Blues Rocker do you have to analyze every single animation? it's a little annoying because you do very often. Like others have mentioned, things are never going to be perfect and it seems you want that too badly.

Every game has pauses between animation transitions due to the command your giving the game to perform. I know you mean well, but your going to drive yourself crazy trying to analyze everything and ask why things can't be the way you want to be.

# 36 youvalss @ 08/19/12 04:00 PM
Maybe 2K went all the way with the Casual vs. Sim styles. What I mean, is that when playing casual - the CPU plays casual as well. Didn't 2K say something like that they're trying to attract more casual players? What's the point of playing the Casual setting when the CPU plays sim style? Maybe that's why the CPU doesn't play as great as it could. Hopefully...

# 37 TreyIM2 @ 08/19/12 04:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
eh...the ones playing are casual gamers...infact all the other vids shown except for jerzeyreign are all casuals....
Cool. It doesn't really matter to me, tho. Game is copped, day 1 off the single fact of iso-motion being ditches for analog dribbling. Just traded my dusty 2K12 in, among other games but towards Madden. Lol. Pre-ordering 2K13 another time.

# 38 2ksuperior9 @ 08/19/12 05:10 PM
1:57 - 2:03 is just beautiful :')

# 39 ForeverVersatile @ 08/19/12 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by siraulo23
to those who played the gamescom build, does the game 'feel' more like 2k11 or 2k12?

I loved 2k11 and 2k12 was 'ok'
Everyone from the team up has already said the games feels better thank 2K11 and 2K12.

# 40 DboyRavage @ 08/19/12 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Throne2K11
@ Blues Rocker do you have to analyze every single animation? it's a little annoying because you do very often. Like others have mentioned, things are never going to be perfect and it seems you want that too badly.

Every game has pauses between animation transitions due to the command your giving the game to perform. I know you mean well, but your going to drive yourself crazy trying to analyze everything and ask why things can't be the way you want to be.
Well that's the way it should be. Everything he points out will make the 2K Series way more enjoyable to play if 2K can fix these little problems.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.