Home
NBA Live 13 News Post

If you can't view the embedded video, click here.

Here it is, our first glimpse of NBA Live 13 in action.

Thoughts?

UPDATE: EA has taken down the video. Look through the comments section and you might be able to see a few pop up there, until they are removed as well.

UPDATE #2: Kotaku has it online.

UPDATE #3: EA Sports has responded... (via Owen Good, Kotaku)

Quote:
EA Sports responds: "The video appears to be captured from a pre-alpha build months ago and is not an official EA SPORTS release. It does not represent a final build or feature set for NBA Live."

Game: NBA Live 13Hype Score: 5.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 56 - View All
NBA Live 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 61 reese45mc @ 08/21/12 12:49 PM
If you notice when they are picking teams it says (11-12) This is def a early build, not even close to todays version. I hope they off that arcade sliding non sense.

# 62 ps3veron @ 08/21/12 12:49 PM
Yeah the presentation is definitely amazing!

The commentary however sounds really amateur. Its like someone just mixed words from here and there.

Gameplay wise, still looks like the same as NBA 09. Hoping there is a demo for this as a hands on impression will allow us to have a more critical opinion.

# 63 Mintsa @ 08/21/12 12:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 22cedric
I think the footage that we are seeing is from a early build.
In all honesty. How much better could the game get from whatever build this is to what you'd by at the store ?

I'd bet you it be the same thing from this video to demo to retail copy.

# 64 schnaidt1 @ 08/21/12 12:49 PM
this game looks like nba 09 from sony. just pure bad!! sliding. no signature anything. unrealistic movements. it felt very nba live 2000.

i wonder how many guys over in the 2k studio saw this and just broke out laughing saying "this is supposed to steal sales from our game?" haha yea we are really worried now!

ea needs to just scrap nba live. and use those resources towards madden and ncaa. just saying

# 65 nova91 @ 08/21/12 12:50 PM
The #SHOTSFIRED by EA were clearly total misses.

# 66 Marvc @ 08/21/12 12:51 PM
Iceskates anyone? Wow still can't fix this? Sad

# 67 authentic @ 08/21/12 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by reese45mc
If you notice when they are picking teams it says (11-12) This is def a early build, not even close to todays version. I hope they off that arcade sliding non sense.
What year was last year? Did last years NBA Season start in 2011 or 2012? Ok, so last years season was 2011-2012, explaining the 11-12 record above the team name.

# 68 greenegt @ 08/21/12 12:54 PM
I will say that I liked the presentation elements. The crowd, arena music, ESPN score ticker, the 3D icons on the team select screen, and Jeff Van Gundy. It's clear, though, that they are rebuilding this game and they still have a ways to go before it can be a worthy competitor.

# 69 bigeastbumrush @ 08/21/12 12:56 PM

2 years bruh? 2 years and that's what they release?

S.M.D.H.

I for one am glad they're actually going to release something. But hot damn..that is not a next generation videogame in no sense of the word.

They spent 1,000 man hours on faces but yet last year's cover athlete Kevin Durant is standing there with a $10 bald fade from Super Cuts.

I'll give them ONE thing- floor spacing. It's superb.

But my goodness..that is an embarassment. Is Scott O'Gallagher really slapping his name on this?

No Sig nothing.
SMH@ Russell Westbrook's shot release.
@ KD's push shot.
@ the ball splashing through the net.
@ the sound of the rims.
@ that off ball movement. I'd rather you go back to NBA Live 2005's synchronized mo-capping if it's going to look this bad!

For the love of videogames...I urge EA to release this game only to give people and option. For that reason only. But please...please do not slap us in the face by putting a $60 price tag on it.

These dudes should really be ashamed of themselves. They need all hands on deck for '14. That video I just watched was an abomination for a videogame release in 2012.

# 70 jpdavis82 @ 08/21/12 12:57 PM
Here's my impressions

# 71 LouPickney @ 08/21/12 12:57 PM
The ESPN graphics and presentation are good. There are elements that aren't appealing, like the crowd with people distractingly constantly standing for no apparently reason and the "guys on hockey skates" looking player motion. Hopefully the fun factor and gameplay are stronger than the video would make it appear.

# 72 XenoZograscope @ 08/21/12 12:57 PM
Wow...this is really really bad...OUCH!!

# 73 Conda @ 08/21/12 12:57 PM
That old code has to go. They could have rebuilt from scratch with the two years they had to produce a solid game. The audio is good as usual. I still hope they don't cancel, for some reason.

Is this footage from before, or after the Advisory Council input? hmm...

# 74 yaboythecib @ 08/21/12 12:58 PM
50/50 with it... i see alot of bad things but some gd thing... this is definitely better then elite 11... the espn presentation look really gd. face look great crowd looks gd.. so graffics isn't holding it back... it the animations they need a tweak signature jumpshot mainly. lots of frame rate issue post moves awful. personally i seen worst....(elite 11) it's a start ea can release this... this video isn't as bad is looks it probably feels better then it looks. 50/50 where i stand...

# 75 gdh5503 @ 08/21/12 12:58 PM
This shouldn't have been shown man, this is actual gameplay HD!!! 2K got it goin on compared to this. We saw cell phone footage of 2K13 better than this... This hurt Live more than it did any good after watching this... This is terrible man. I do like the presentation and ESPN integration though....Mike Breen and Jeff are great but combined with gameplay and all of that I mentioned earlier is weak...

# 76 Canquain @ 08/21/12 12:58 PM
I feel bad for all the Live fans because i use to be a fan when D wade was on the cover but now I'm a 2K head. To take 2 Years to develop a game thats suppose to fight back with 2K this is horrible and looks just like Live 10 for me. Anyhow NBA 2K Developer Insight Video 2 today!

# 77 rspencer86 @ 08/21/12 12:59 PM
My jaw was hanging open until tipoff. Then it was still hanging open, but for all the wrong reasons.

Presentation and audio are superb. Gameplay is about 4 years behind the competition.

EDIT: Ran back the video again. 4 years behind might be too generous to EA.

# 78 WaddupCouzin @ 08/21/12 01:00 PM
In the words of Charles Barkley, "Turrible, just Turrible"

# 79 sooperb @ 08/21/12 01:01 PM
It's over for Live if this is the real game. NBA offices need to just give the license to 2K and just 4geddaboudit. This had better be a joke on the part of EA or it is drapes,shades,blinds and CURTAINS!

# 80 theprocess @ 08/21/12 01:01 PM
I get a Nickel every time somebody "SMH" on OS, and a Dime for every time somebody "SMDH". I'm RiiiiCH...

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.