Home
Madden NFL 13 News Post

According to Joystiq, we should see the first Madden NFL 13 title update on September 11th. No details were given.

In Madden NFL 12 we saw two title updates and were promised tuner sets that never arrived.

Let's hope the Madden team can deliver the goods this year.

UPDATE: Just received word from EA Sports. The September 11th date is not confirmed. No specific date can be provided regarding updates until they have been approved by first parties.

Quote:
"The team is absolutely committed to post-launch support, and we will make it a point to keep you updated on title updates, tuner sets, roster updates, new Madden Moments Live and more," EA said in a statement to Joystiq. Providing the Madden team sticks to its goals, Madden 13 is likely to receive more post-launch support out of the gate than last year's game had entirely.

Game: Madden NFL 13Reader Score: 6/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PS3 / Wii U / Xbox 360Votes for game: 77 - View All
Madden NFL 13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 tfctillidie @ 08/22/12 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGiles36
Even w/out knowing what's going to be fixed, this sort of quick-action support is good news.

The lack of details worry me. What's broken that they don't want to admit yet needing to be fixed?

# 22 roadman @ 08/22/12 07:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tfctillidie
The lack of details worry me. What's broken that they don't want to admit yet needing to be fixed?
Pure speculation on what's broken and what's not.

Might be tightening up things. The first patch update for NCAA was nothing major at all.

# 23 CoRRuPTMiND93 @ 08/22/12 07:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cre8
Hopefully we have details before people start their CCMs only to find out that they will have to restart them on Sept 11 for some sort of fix... Talk about a potential let down.
exactly, 2 weeks of playing CCM going to waste would be terrible.

# 24 WhatRobSaid @ 08/22/12 08:05 PM
Yeah but the changes would take effect in the CCM you have going already so you could still keep it rolling.

# 25 DetroitStyle @ 08/22/12 09:23 PM
This is good news to hear from the Madden team. However we've seen this movie before a la NCAA 12 and Madden 12. The post release support for those games was unacceptable at best. Hopefully, since this year has a new team and a new identity, will try and restore faith in the Madden franchise.

# 26 blklightning @ 08/22/12 09:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
Tuner sets=a slider makers worst nightmare.
I thought they were optional.

# 27 PackerBacker123 @ 08/22/12 10:49 PM
oh god... this could be bad.

# 28 tjd211 @ 08/23/12 12:26 AM
They need to fix the Cpu Qb and running back AI and the playcalling. It 's horrible.

# 29 DeuceDouglas @ 08/23/12 12:28 AM
Last year was pretty bad in terms of post launch support. It took forever for them to finally fix the stupid rain bug in franchise mode. I would have played 20 plus years of franchise if it wasn't for that.

# 30 oneamongthefence @ 08/23/12 02:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
It's good, especially if it mean they get rid of super LB INTs like they were supposed to that's in the demo...or make pass trajectory better.
I disagree. Haven't seen any ints that I felt weren't deserved.

Sent from my myTouch_4G_Slide using Tapatalk 2

# 31 bukktown @ 08/23/12 02:33 AM
Quote:
I think we will know by about 6pm on Saturday. Give the OS wolves 24 hours with the retail build, then read through the impression thread. You gotta tread carefully through the ducky and bunny slobber though.

# 32 aussieBKR @ 08/23/12 02:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamehead
I hope it's to ENHANCE the game and not FIX the game. It would be nice not to have any game-breaking bugs out of the box for once.
doesn't look good......hahah good old madden ey

# 33 TreyIM2 @ 08/23/12 06:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimi XIII
I just had one when I wrote that. The targeted receiver was 10 yards away, no QB pressure, no scrambling with the QB and the LB does the signature super jump INT animation leap. Not the first time it happened in the demo either.
Weird. I have to agree with the person who disagreed with u. I have yet to experience ANY LBs intercepting my passes. However, if ur playing on All-"Madness", I can see that. I play on All Pro. All Madden is just a ridiculous level of AI cheating and cheapness not even worthy of being apart of the game.

# 34 TerryP @ 08/23/12 06:58 AM
Does anyone know if there was any official word from EA as to what happened to the tuner updates for Madden 12?

# 35 R9NALD9 @ 08/23/12 07:14 AM
Please pleeease fix assisted tackles not being recorded.

# 36 DeuceDouglas @ 08/23/12 07:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreyIM2
Weird. I have to agree with the person who disagreed with u. I have yet to experience ANY LBs intercepting my passes. However, if ur playing on All-"Madness", I can see that. I play on All Pro. All Madden is just a ridiculous level of AI cheating and cheapness not even worthy of being apart of the game.
Same here. Even the games I've played on All-Madden, I haven't seen any unwarranted picks. Pretty much every one I've thrown has either been a poor decision or an errant throw. On the other side, I've made tons of passes that in M12 would have never been possible due to psychic DB's and super LB's.

# 37 PH1LLYSFINEST13 @ 08/23/12 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by R9NALD9
Please pleeease fix assisted tackles not being recorded.

This is BIG for me as well. Maybe someone with the full retail game can say???..... Did the first patch fix the assisted tackles?

# 38 RGiles36 @ 08/23/12 08:42 AM
Quote:
Why should they put out details now? Let people get their hands on the retail and enjoy the game first. If I didn't have the game, I'm not sure I'd want to know the bugs right off the bat b/c it would probably tarnish my initial experience.

# 39 RGiles36 @ 08/23/12 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
I will suggest this again, for all the good it will likely do. We are all aware that the game is not tuned for optimal realism, it is tuned for a "fun"/realism balance. So they should release two separate optional tuner sets, one "balanced" for casual Madden play, the other for the "hardcore" tuned for optimal realism.

I realize there are sliders available online this year but tuner sets effect things that sliders can not. Can anyone think of a viable reason why this couldn't be done?
What sort of differences would you expect to see in two different tuner sets? In other words, what do you think could be accomplished in a 'hardcore' tuner set that can't be accomplished with sliders?

# 40 R9NALD9 @ 08/23/12 09:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpterp22
Funny how some guys who don't even have the game are ^&(&^&*^ about what's wrong.

Yes i've only has it a day and a half, but this it the first time in 7-8 years i woke up today wanting to play Madden after work

Something things need fixed, but the path to a good football here and in the future are here and the team seems to be trying to give us what we wanted 7-8 years ago..
Doesn't matter really, I love the demo and man can't wait for the game next week...but there is still some stuff that needs to be fixed.

Some problems like some blatant uniform errors plus a complete oversight on assisted tackles not being recorded is really problematic to some.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.