Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports just revealed NBA 2K13 player ratings for 3 more players.

Kobe Bryant - 93
Carmelo Anthony - 92
Rajon Rondo - 90

They already announced Kevin Durant is rated 95, Blake Griffin at 87 and Harrison Barnes at 75.

What are your thoughts on the NBA 2K13 player ratings so far?

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 21 WizardJay @ 08/27/12 07:38 PM
Looking at overall rating can sometimes mean they got some of the attributes wrong.

# 22 youvalss @ 08/27/12 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardJay
Looking at overall rating can sometimes mean they got some of the attributes wrong.
Could be. But then again, who says the formula of combining all attributes to a total rating, isn't flawed?

# 23 BluFu @ 08/27/12 07:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can I live
You all do know Carmelo is the best scorer in the league right ? he should be in the 90's anyway
now that my friend, is debatable.

# 24 iLLosophy @ 08/27/12 07:46 PM
I think some of the ratings are treated as "filler" as far as impact on the game anyway. Anybody who plays MyPlayer knows how much Awareness ratings impact your overall, but as far as gameplay goes you only notice very subtle changes...at least playing against other users.

# 25 Thunder Storm @ 08/27/12 07:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
I think some of the ratings are treated as "filler" as far as impact on the game anyway. Anybody who plays MyPlayer knows how much Awareness ratings impact your overall, but as far as gameplay goes you only notice very subtle changes...at least playing against other users.
well, O awareness is a very big deal in this game. Its the reason why poor 3 point shooters like Wade can hit 3's consistently.

He could have a 3 point rating in the low 60's but as long as his offensive awareness is super high, he'll make them at a decent clip. I've noticed this since 2k6.

# 26 Caveman24 @ 08/27/12 07:50 PM
no ratings are going be perfect he had a 94 last year a 93 now deal with it its not that serious then what should Kobe have a 85 then like come on if you going basketball wise Blake Griffin deserve no were a 87 all he literally does is dunk no moves in his arsenal stop being bias Kobe deserve what he has the only months Kobe shot under 45% was January and February other than that it was 45% and up and over 50% in March and averaged 30 5 and 4 in the playoffs which is good numbers so stop the whining please

# 27 WizardJay @ 08/27/12 07:53 PM
So should O awareness be lowered in order to maintain balance. Even with guys like Kobe, lebron, and Durant

# 28 FedExPope @ 08/27/12 08:06 PM
I'm interested to see Joe Johnson's rating...he was way too prolific in 2k12. I won a title riding him all season, scored 30+ all 5 games of the finals...granted the CPU used Nate Robinson to defend him for 20+ minutes of every game.

On another note. oh em gee, kobe is rated too high! the only people who care are ones who play random 5 on 5 online games with strangers, who quit if they don't get to play a superstar player. Put away your wannabe street dialect please, because the gameplay improvements plus what we already have in the game should be good enough for anyone to buy. Granted I didn't start playing until 2K11 and so as a mainly madden/ncaa football sports game player for many years I appreciate the detail 2K puts into their basketball game more than the average person.

# 29 SteboSSK @ 08/27/12 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBlackProdigy
Melo pretty much redeemed himself towards the end of the season..do you guys actually watch basketball..smh
I watch plenty of ball and synergy stats back up he shouldnt be a 90 at all. His rating actually went up from last year when last year was even worse year than before.

# 30 KyotoCarl @ 08/27/12 08:13 PM
How many of the people here who are complaining understand and know exactly how the ratings go together to get to a certain number? Do you all thoroughly understand the formula or are you just complaining this one number being too high without understanding the mechanics behind it?

# 31 ewayne @ 08/27/12 08:13 PM
kobe a have dat 95 once he drop 81 on dey *** again

# 32 SteboSSK @ 08/27/12 08:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can I live
You all do know Carmelo is the best scorer in the league right ? he should be in the 90's anyway
You know this is pretty much untrue right? You know plenty of advance stats put KD and Lebron above him and on par with a 17 year vet Kobe right? Hmmmm ok...

# 33 Duwares @ 08/27/12 08:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
I was actually a little hyped up to see them this weekend. Now that I see what they are, I feel like I went on a blind date and the girl ended up being Precious.
Ow, man Precious. Lmao

# 34 Thunder Storm @ 08/27/12 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewayne
kobe a have dat 95 once he drop 81 on dey *** again
Kobe's about to retire in about 2-3 years dawg. No more 81 point games lol.

I don't think a lot of people realize where Kobe is at in his career right now. It's gonna hit home for a lot of people when he is up at that podium in a few years. Time flies.

# 35 J_Posse @ 08/27/12 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoSoisNiCEx414
So far official ratings are
Kevin Durant 95
Kobe Bryant 93
Carmelo Anthony 92
Rajon Rondo 90
Blake Griffin 87
Harrison Barnes 75
Man, no way should Carmelo be over a 90. Players that performer on only one side of the ball shouldn't be rewarded with such a ridiculous rating. Oh, Kobe and Rondo are overrated too.

LeBron is going to be a 99 with how these ratings are going.....

From Spurs Nation/Bills Backer Clubhouse

# 36 THE YAMA @ 08/27/12 08:49 PM
About time Rondo is over a 90 overall. Could be a little higher even, in my opinion. Kobe and Melo seem a bit to high. I think a 91 for each Kobe and Rondo, and a 90 for Melo.

# 37 SouthBeach @ 08/27/12 09:41 PM
Kobe being a 93 could mean Wade is also a 93, 92, or 94 (stretch).

And I'm guessing Russy is a 91 OVR.

# 38 XenoZograscope @ 08/27/12 09:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KyotoCarl
How many of the people here who are complaining understand and know exactly how the ratings go together to get to a certain number? Do you all thoroughly understand the formula or are you just complaining this one number being too high without understanding the mechanics behind it?
Good question, I wondered the same thing for a long time on this forum, but then when you see how people react to these rating every year you kind of have a good idea of who actually know how the formula actually work.

# 39 kmiree16 @ 08/27/12 09:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie
Kobe just finished his worst season in efficiency and turnovers per game, and also once again shot a terrible fg% at 43%. He also just finished his 3rd straight post season failing to hit a game winning or tying shot. No way in hell should he be a 93. And he's 7/27 on playoff game winning or tying, so he definitely should NOT have any clutch signatures either . Carmelo a 92? I'm done. 2k needs to hire rashidi to do their player ratings and stop giving guys high ratings who shouldn't have them because of their cry baby fans complaining and threatening not to buy the game.
Both are wrong but I won't get into that argument here.

But why do people get upset over ratings like this? I mean, I'm not a quick ranked player so I can't really empathize, but if you're doing MP or Association just edit them.

# 40 CMH @ 08/27/12 10:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnie
...because of their cry baby fans complaining and threatening not to buy the game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandlerbang
the kids will cry if mello isnt over 90 rating wise LOL
How ironic.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.