Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports just revealed NBA 2K13 player ratings for 3 more players.

Kobe Bryant - 93
Carmelo Anthony - 92
Rajon Rondo - 90

They already announced Kevin Durant is rated 95, Blake Griffin at 87 and Harrison Barnes at 75.

What are your thoughts on the NBA 2K13 player ratings so far?

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 81 Brock @ 08/28/12 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB0iFresh
Its not that serious......

Sent from my LGL75C using Tapatalk 2
Exactly. I'm not sure why some are complaining about ratings. It's not like we don't have great roster makers here at OS.

edit: Hm... I forgot about online play, but it's not like it bothers me. Some people can't even play with certain players right.

# 82 BezO @ 08/28/12 10:07 AM
With all the great that I've seen to this point, I thought this would finally be the year ratings improved.

I'm hoping the defensive improvements help keep the overrated players in check.

# 83 AirJordanFan93 @ 08/28/12 10:27 AM
I kind expected these sort of ratings for these 3. I figured Kobe would either be a 94 or 93, Melo 91 or 92 and Rondo an 89 or 90.

# 84 eko718 @ 08/28/12 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthBeach
Kobe being a 93 could mean Wade is also a 93, 92, or 94 (stretch).

And I'm guessing Russy is a 91 OVR.
Not a stretch at all given his efficiency on offense and defense, as well as athleticism.

# 85 iLLosophy @ 08/28/12 10:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB2009Champ
It looks like we're going to get another batch of ratings today who do you think we're going to find out about?
Someone from LA, someone from NY, and someone from the finals or the cover. Will probably be that way for the next 2-3 posts they make.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakkMajik3000
Methinks you should actually do some research before calling someone else stupid and making blanket statements that are flat out lies.
LOL what's sad is you're spot on about NBA 2K, but then you refer to a game where the majority of users actually do play online, and try to use flawed logic to make your argument.

# 86 2k10Fonzarelli @ 08/28/12 10:37 AM
part of my take on overall ratings is that Form is temporary. Class is Permanent.

# 87 BlakkMajik3000 @ 08/28/12 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
LOL what's sad is you're spot on about NBA 2K, but then you refer to a game where the majority of users actually do play online, and try to use flawed logic to make your argument.
Flawed logic?

Do you realize how many copies of Call of Duty are sold? Modern Warfare 3, the most recent iteration (Black Ops II is not out yet), sold 6.5 million copies across 360, PS3, PC, and Wii within 24 hours of it being released. Over 20 million copies of the game have been sold worldwide.

You are going to tell me that more than 10 million of that 20 million play the game on-line? Not even close. I would say, at it's peak, there may have been 5 million players across all four platforms (with the 360 being the lion's share) playing the game on-line. This includes the super casuals that might fire the game up once every 1-3 months just to play a new map or a game with their friend(s). Even then, that's only 25%, hardly the majority.

Please do not attempt to take me to task, without any proof. As I said before, regardless of the game, the majority, which means more than half, do not play on-line. The only exceptions are games which can only be played on-line (MMORPG's and such), and those are generally PC-only games.

# 88 KB2009Champ @ 08/28/12 11:18 AM
Quote:
Flawed logic?

Do you realize how many copies of Call of Duty are sold? Modern Warfare 3, the most recent iteration (Black Ops II is not out yet), sold 6.5 million copies across 360, PS3, PC, and Wii within 24 hours of it being released. Over 20 million copies of the game have been sold worldwide.

You are going to tell me that more than 10 million of that 20 million play the game on-line? Not even close. I would say, at it's peak, there may have been 5 million players across all four platforms (with the 360 being the lion's share) playing the game on-line. This includes the super casuals that might fire the game up once every 1-3 months just to play a new map or a game with their friend(s). Even then, that's only 25%, hardly the majority.

Please do not attempt to take me to task, without any proof. As I said before, regardless of the game, the majority, which means more than half, do not play on-line. The only exceptions are games which can only be played on-line (MMORPG's and such), and those are generally PC-only games.

Not sure what similarities a game like COD woiuld have with a sports game.

Fact still remains that there is a big part of the 2k communitiy that plays online modes. So the solution of editing roster ratings is not a viable fix because they do not transfer. Thats a fact.

# 89 Gatorfan Frank @ 08/28/12 11:23 AM

# 90 RedSceptile @ 08/28/12 11:35 AM
When you consider the fact that it's all but impossible for Call of Duty to support 20 million players at one time...yeah.

# 91 JohnB405 @ 08/28/12 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can I live
You all do know Carmelo is the best scorer in the league right ? he should be in the 90's anyway
Uhhh no! There's another player in the league that has won the scoring title three years in a row!

# 92 stillfeelme @ 08/28/12 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwax90
You do realize it's possible to be rated 90 and even higher while also having 25 MID and 25 3PT, right?
I think you missed my point each position certain ratings mean more than others. Rondo hasn't really improved on anything involving shooting ft, med 3pt. His passing is pretty much maxed awareness, defense all near the highest. So either they changed the formula or increased some of his shooting ratings. I hope it is just the formula to rate his affect in association. I like Rondo so this is not a knock on him.

The same with Durant he went from a 94 to a 95. None of his shooting changed he is almost maxed for med. I think they probably gave him a bump in defense and maybe a slight increase for passing.

# 93 JohnB405 @ 08/28/12 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caveman24
no ratings are going be perfect he had a 94 last year a 93 now deal with it its not that serious then what should Kobe have a 85 then like come on if you going basketball wise Blake Griffin deserve no were a 87 all he literally does is dunk no moves in his arsenal stop being bias Kobe deserve what he has the only months Kobe shot under 45% was January and February other than that it was 45% and up and over 50% in March and averaged 30 5 and 4 in the playoffs which is good numbers so stop the whining please
PUNC...TU...A...TION...

# 94 BlakkMajik3000 @ 08/28/12 11:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KB2009Champ
Not sure what similarities a game like COD woiuld have with a sports game.

Fact still remains that there is a big part of the 2k communitiy that plays online modes. So the solution of editing roster ratings is not a viable fix because they do not transfer. Thats a fact.
I just used COD as an example because it's a game that sells huge numbers, and there's a perception that everyone that has it plays on-line. It's a good game to use to prove the point that no matter how big of an on-line community a game has, a "majority" in fact do not play on-line.

Did not mean to derail your topic.

# 95 Gatorfan Frank @ 08/28/12 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I think you missed my point each position certain ratings mean more than others. Rondo hasn't really improved on anything involving shooting ft, med 3pt. His passing is pretty much maxed awareness, defense all near the highest. So either they changed the formula or increased some of his shooting ratings. I hope it is just the formula to rate his affect in association. I like Rondo so this is not a knock on him.

The same with Durant he went from a 94 to a 95. None of his shooting changed he is almost maxed for med. I think they probably gave him a bump in defense and maybe a slight increase for passing.
I wonder if 2K realizes that Durant has always averaged more turnovers than assists in his NBA career. He's not a good playmaker, but 2K will have his offensive awareness maxed out and his passing in the 60's or 70's I bet. 2K should have just upped his rebounding, seeing how Durant averaged 8-per-game last season, as well as his perimeter defense, defensive awareness, and ball handling. Also, hopefully 2K added some more hotspots for Durant, seeing how he had one of the highest FG percentages around the midrange area last year.

# 96 jreezy18 @ 08/28/12 12:04 PM
Rondo a 90? I'm surprised.

# 97 ESB32CrowBonez @ 08/28/12 12:06 PM
I m tired of this Kevin Durant is Better Scorer than Carmelo. KD is a 3 time back to back to back Scoring Champion. This dude shoots and hits so many threes and he averaged 50%fg. He's clearly more efficient than melo and FT 89%. I just want to end that debate. They are both clutch so that is debatable.

# 98 ESB32CrowBonez @ 08/28/12 12:08 PM
Rondo should be 86 kobe - 91 Melo - 87 maximum

# 99 8KB24 @ 08/28/12 12:24 PM
FFS Rondo shot 39% form mid-range last year. That means that his rating for mid-range should be 78. I know that because I've been tweaking Albys roster all-year long for my liking.

# 100 iLLosophy @ 08/28/12 12:27 PM
Quote:
Please do not attempt to take me to task, without any proof.
By asking someone to provide proof to counter your argument, you just admited you your whole post is just a guess. If you knew what you were saying was true, you wouldn't ask someone to prove you otherwise.

Here's your proof. Enjoy

http://investor.activision.com/results.cfm

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.