Home
NBA 2K13 News Post

2K Sports just revealed NBA 2K13 player ratings for 3 more players.

Kobe Bryant - 93
Carmelo Anthony - 92
Rajon Rondo - 90

They already announced Kevin Durant is rated 95, Blake Griffin at 87 and Harrison Barnes at 75.

What are your thoughts on the NBA 2K13 player ratings so far?

Game: NBA 2K13Reader Score: 8.5/10 - Vote Now
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360Votes for game: 75 - View All
NBA 2K13 Videos
Member Comments
# 101 Gatorfan Frank @ 08/28/12 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
FFS Rondo shot 39% form mid-range last year. That means that his rating for mid-range should be 78. I know that because I've been tweaking Albys roster all-year long for my liking.
Rondo with a 78 midrange would be hilarious, seeing how that is automatic for 2K standards. 78 midrange would be accurate for Rondo, however, if they make his shot release slow like it is in real life, his shoot-in-traffic rating pretty low (although he shoots in traffic very well in the paint, so how do they reconcile that?), and his shoot-off-dribble rating low.

# 102 iLLosophy @ 08/28/12 12:43 PM
I keep saying this, you guys can't just look at somebody's fg% from midrange and just say "oh his rating should be higher than so-and-so because he shot higher than so-and-so." you have to look at the difficulty of shots that they make as well. A lot of Rondo's shots were because guys weren't respecting him and leaving him wide open. That's a lot easier shot than someone like Kobe who's usually the other teams focal point on defense and almost always has at least 1 hand in his face.

They way I've seen some people use Rondo in 2k12, I'd say it's already too high.

# 103 youALREADYknow @ 08/28/12 12:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sword1986
I am sure the attributes for each player are spot on.
They never have been "spot on" or even semi-accurate before, so that's a mighty leap of faith you're taking. Past performance does not dictate future results but it's a mighty good indicator.

# 104 youALREADYknow @ 08/28/12 12:58 PM
Quote:
FFS Rondo shot 39% form mid-range last year. That means that his rating for mid-range should be 78. I know that because I've been tweaking Albys roster all-year long for my liking.
If you've been tweaking a roster based on that logic then your formula is incorrect. Also, although the impact is minor, you're also still disregarding the 10-15 ft range for Mid-Range shots.

Rondo's Mid rating should be between 68-71 based on his statistics for the past 2 seasons. I personally have him at 71 due to his higher percentage in the 16-23 range which gives him a slight boost in the formula and another 1pt boost because he's taking a large percentage of those shots off-the-dribble.

# 105 stillfeelme @ 08/28/12 01:15 PM
Quote:
Yeah as others pointed out he shot that high with open shots. Then add his 10-15ft 28% last year, 3-9ft 26% and I don't see much room to go up I am saying his shooting has not improved and his ft is low as well

# 106 djwax90 @ 08/28/12 01:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillfeelme
I think you missed my point each position certain ratings mean more than others. Rondo hasn't really improved on anything involving shooting ft, med 3pt. His passing is pretty much maxed awareness, defense all near the highest. So either they changed the formula or increased some of his shooting ratings. I hope it is just the formula to rate his affect in association. I like Rondo so this is not a knock on him.

The same with Durant he went from a 94 to a 95. None of his shooting changed he is almost maxed for med. I think they probably gave him a bump in defense and maybe a slight increase for passing.
You're saying they either changed the formula or increased some of his shooting ratings. No point missed. I still say it's possible for a point guard to be rated 90+ with bad MID, 3PT and FT ratings. Without changing the rating system. Period.

# 107 iLLosophy @ 08/28/12 01:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
If you've been tweaking a roster based on that logic then your formula is incorrect. Also, although the impact is minor, you're also still disregarding the 10-15 ft range for Mid-Range shots.

If you look at the heat zones in practice, and knowing the center of the free throw line is 15ft from the backboard, it's safe to assume 10-15 ft belongs under close rating, not midrange.

# 108 Optik @ 08/28/12 01:44 PM
It's simply laughable that Melo is still a 90+ player. His play at New York has proved that he is anything BUT that.

The arrogant ignorance of some offliners to the fact that ratings matter for online matches is simply astounding.

# 109 youALREADYknow @ 08/28/12 01:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
If you look at the heat zones in practice, and knowing the center of the free throw line is 15ft from the backboard, it's safe to assume 10-15 ft belongs under close rating, not midrange.

Technically you're correct that the game treats it that way, but to get realistic FG percentages (sim engine included) the close and mid ranges need to collapse. It's mostly due to the horrible hard-coded cap on the Inside and Close ranges.

For "pure" gameplay, 16-23 is Mid. Rondo would still be rated between 68-71 in Mid shot. His FG% including 10-15% is 38.6%, excluding is 39%.

# 110 iLLosophy @ 08/28/12 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLosophy
Someone from LA, someone from NY, and someone from the finals or the cover. Will probably be that way for the next 2-3 posts they make.
Looks like I was way off.....

https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/240508973898428416

LOL at scottie being one of the guys listed.

# 111 stillfeelme @ 08/28/12 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djwax90
You're saying they either changed the formula or increased some of his shooting ratings. No point missed. I still say it's possible for a point guard to be rated 90+ with bad MID, 3PT and FT ratings. Without changing the rating system. Period.
Of course you can do that if you artificially enhance some of his other ratings. You can turn him into a westbrook but that wouldn't be realistic, or give him post abilities like Jefferson. Again I am saying I hope they didn't turn Rondo into some jump shooting threat

# 112 LouYorkCity @ 08/28/12 02:28 PM
Why do people care so much about Kobe and Melo's ratings?

If Kobe was a 99 or an 85, he will still drop 30+ because of his skill set, same with Melo.

And for those who say Melo is over rated, you obviously don't know the numbers he put up when Woodson took over and what he did against Miami in the playoffs. I know he lost in 5 games but so did everybody's favorite player since 2 yrs ago Durant.

I will be the 1st to admit that LeBron and Durant are on a whole different level than anybody else, but to sit there and say Kobe and/or Melo shouldn't be in the 90's is plain stupid.

Compare Kobe and Melo's stats to any SG/SF in the league not named LeBron or Durant, they put up better numbers than ANYONE and that's a fact. Even Wade came up short on the offensive end when compared to Kobe or Melo.

Kobe, Carmelo, Durant, Wade & LeBron are the top 5 go to guys in the league and if you feel that either one of those guys don't deserve to be in the 90's, you don't know about basketball and obviously don't know how the attributes/skills work for 2K.

P.S. Kevin Durant may have won the scoring title 3 years in a row but a TRUE NBA fan knows that Kobe and Carmelo are the best scorers in the league. Durant is amazing don't get me wrong but he relies on his jumpshot and fastbreaks to get buckets. Kobe and Melo have a full arsenal of moves from ISO to the post to Ranged shots. They can score at will from anywhere at any scenario on the court.

Also, based on the last 2 seasons, Carmelo Anthony is the most clutch player based off the last 2mins of the 4th qtr/overtime. Look it up.

# 113 LouYorkCity @ 08/28/12 02:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optik
It's simply laughable that Melo is still a 90+ player. His play at New York has proved that he is anything BUT that.

The arrogant ignorance of some offliners to the fact that ratings matter for online matches is simply astounding.

If Kobe was a 99 or an 85, he will still drop 30+ because of his skill set, same with Melo.

And for those who say Melo is over rated, you obviously don't know the numbers he put up when Woodson took over and what he did against Miami in the playoffs. I know he lost in 5 games but so did everybody's favorite player since 2 yrs ago Durant.

I will be the 1st to admit that LeBron and Durant are on a whole different level than anybody else, but to sit there and say Kobe and/or Melo shouldn't be in the 90's is plain stupid.

Compare Kobe and Melo's stats to any SG/SF in the league not named LeBron or Durant, they put up better numbers than ANYONE and that's a fact. Even Wade came up short on the offensive end when compared to Kobe or Melo.

Kobe, Carmelo, Durant, Wade & LeBron are the top 5 go to guys in the league and if you feel that either one of those guys don't deserve to be in the 90's, you don't know about basketball and obviously don't know how the attributes/skills work for 2K.

P.S. Kevin Durant may have won the scoring title 3 years in a row but a TRUE NBA fan knows that Kobe and Carmelo are the best scorers in the league. Durant is amazing don't get me wrong but he relies on his jumpshot and fastbreaks to get buckets. Kobe and Melo have a full arsenal of moves from ISO to the post to Ranged shots. They can score at will from anywhere at any scenario on the court.

Also, based on the last 2 seasons, Carmelo Anthony is the most clutch player based off the last 2mins of the 4th qtr/overtime. Look it up.

# 114 LouYorkCity @ 08/28/12 02:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmebfresh
wonder how melo is rated so high? hmmmmm
is it the usa games cause those don't count

# 115 LouYorkCity @ 08/28/12 02:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeC

Carmelo bullies his way to the rim when he isn't settling for jumpshots. The man has no finesse to his game

# 116 LouYorkCity @ 08/28/12 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
I watch plenty of ball and synergy stats back up he shouldnt be a 90 at all. His rating actually went up from last year when last year was even worse year than before.

# 117 LouYorkCity @ 08/28/12 02:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse512
Man, no way should Carmelo be over a 90. Players that performer on only one side of the ball shouldn't be rewarded with such a ridiculous rating. Oh, Kobe and Rondo are overrated too.

LeBron is going to be a 99 with how these ratings are going.....

From Spurs Nation/Bills Backer Clubhouse

# 118 LouYorkCity @ 08/28/12 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colts18
Probably because he is an Olypmian. That is the only reason I can think of.

For Melo to come out as a 92, his defensive ratings must be highly overrated.

# 119 mpenias @ 08/28/12 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can I live
You all do know Carmelo is the best scorer in the league right ? he should be in the 90's anyway
Melo is the best scorer on his team. That's about it. He is maybe the third best scorer at his position. I would give him the edge over PP only because of age.

# 120 KB2009Champ @ 08/28/12 03:13 PM
Can someone ban the LouYorkCity guy already or give him a warning? wtf.

Post A Comment
Only OS members can post comments
Please login or register to post a comment.